Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-21-2020, 09:25 AM   #1

Convection oven loose 2020 DX3 37TS

We just took delivery of our 2020 Dynamax DX3 and have noticed our convection/microwave oven is loose and hanging down about 1/2 inch in the front from the top trim piece and not level inside. How is this oven tightened, now my wife is fearful that it is going to fall and damage a lot of items?

Dave
Cragod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 02:09 PM   #2
Dynamax Service Rep

Look underneath the microwave,remove the silver air filters,you will see 2 bolts angling upward,these are the mounting bolts,be carefull not to go to tight,they will strip rather easily
GTinsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 04:07 PM   #3

Thanks, I was told to tighten them by CJ a Service Rep from Dynamax and it did not work. Any other suggestions?
Old 02-03-2020, 10:13 AM   #4

While we were taking the RV to storage, we heard the oven break loose yesterday. I was able to pull over to find the oven hanging down on left side. To prevent any damage, I took the oven all the way down. I do hope Dynamax get's me the bracket ASAP as we are without an oven now. Does anyone do anything else besides the factory mount to hold the oven up?
Old 02-03-2020, 08:41 PM   #5
Commercial Member

Stocked bracket, so shouldn't take long at all. Likely stripped one side out.

I think you can come in from the top of the cabinet to add an additional anchor like residential....but not 100% sure. With it being in a slide out...we have less room above. (thus the bracket)

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 08:48 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Stocked bracket, so shouldn't take long at all. Likely stripped one side out.

I think you can come in from the top of the cabinet to add an additional anchor like residential....but not 100% sure. With it being in a slide out...we have less room above. (thus the bracket)
Thanks for the reply

I am hoping it is quick to get in stock. I thought of anchoring from above, but is is only an open space with a piece of 1x4 trim covering it. I wish there was a bracket for the top as well.

Dave
Old 02-29-2020, 03:28 PM   #7

Microwave is back in all looks secure, thanks to everyone at DynaMax for staying on top of this and getting us the parts.

Dave
Old 03-02-2020, 10:13 AM   #8
Commercial Member

Sorry it took so long....we also learn something new every day. I was not aware that the bracket and screws shipped in with the microwave. I think the vendor re-packages them with the bracket we need, I always thought that we bought those separately.

So that created some confusion for all of us.

Old 03-04-2020, 12:45 AM   #9

Same problem. Different fix.

Ours slipped down on one side as well. We tried to replace the long screw. ( dynamax sent us a replacement) We could not get it back in its slot, and decided that this would only be a temporary fix anyway. Bouncing down the road would likely strip another screw in the future. So we decided to add two 1 1/4” x 1 1/4” x 12” boards under the microwave for support. We have put about 1000 miles since the change, and no movement whatsoever. I also added a thin layer of a rubber material between my wood, and the microwave.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B8967047-099A-49E6-85AC-E45FB583155B.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	360.8 KB
ID:	224433   Click image for larger version

Name:	07B73BB2-5E3A-4EB0-B618-935575FC458E.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	284.7 KB
ID:	224434   Click image for larger version

Name:	DF1D64B6-7640-461E-AC8C-254819A52923.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	326.8 KB
ID:	224435  
Kat B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 12:15 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat B View Post
Ours slipped down on one side as well. We tried to replace the long screw. ( dynamax sent us a replacement) We could not get it back in its slot, and decided that this would only be a temporary fix anyway. Bouncing down the road would likely strip another screw in the future. So we decided to add two 1 1/4” x 1 1/4” x 12” boards under the microwave for support. We have put about 1000 miles since the change, and no movement whatsoever. I also added a thin layer of a rubber material between my wood, and the microwave.
Thanks for the info. What type and how long of screws did you use?
Old 05-21-2020, 12:18 PM   #11
Commercial Member

I believe we are doing something similar in production now...maybe black angle iron though. Just nice to have the extra security.

Old 05-21-2020, 01:29 PM   #12

Screw length

I used wood screws, and I believe they are 1"5/8th or 1"3/4 inch in length. I predrilled the holes all the way thru the added wood, and countersunk the screws. You are screwing into a good piece of solid wood which makes this an easy fix. Even if your microwave has not slipped yet. A little extra security goes a long way.
Kat B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dx3