Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2022, 08:03 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangecrush View Post
I just realized... would the low pressure set the water pump off if the water pump is turned off??
the simple answer is no . if power is off to pump it can't come on . some units have 2 switches one inside and one in the water compartment . one had to be turned on for the water to flow . unless the new pump takes 12volt out of the air
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 11:41 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.M View Post
the simple answer is no . if power is off to pump it can't come on . some units have 2 switches one inside and one in the water compartment . one had to be turned on for the water to flow . unless the new pump takes 12volt out of the air
Sooooo.... demonic possession is possible.

Mark
Orangecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 05:27 PM   #23
Señor Miembro

So this last weekend, after finally getting the jacks all fixed, we took the RV up to Seattle for my kids UW/Paul Allen school admittance orientation. Jacks worked great. Went to pull in the slides and the dinette slide stops half way in. Had to hand wrench the rear motor/gear alternating with front motor panel over-ride to get it all but 4” closed. It wouldn’t budge past that. Then the toilet stopped flushing. So we high-tailed it home again. Just cancelled next weeks Spring break trip, our last one with all the kids. It’s only about the dozenth or so trip we’ve had to cancel. Thanks again Dynamax and the RV gods/demons
Rancher Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 08:51 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancher Rob View Post
So this last weekend, after finally getting the jacks all fixed, we took the RV up to Seattle for my kids UW/Paul Allen school admittance orientation. Jacks worked great. Went to pull in the slides and the dinette slide stops half way in. Had to hand wrench the rear motor/gear alternating with front motor panel over-ride to get it all but 4” closed. It wouldn’t budge past that. Then the toilet stopped flushing. So we high-tailed it home again. Just cancelled next weeks Spring break trip, our last one with all the kids. It’s only about the dozenth or so trip we’ve had to cancel. Thanks again Dynamax and the RV gods/demons

I hate that for you... especially being the spring break trip (last one with the kids).

While I have had a few (very few) problems with my DX3, I'm not sure how many other fifth wheels/trailers/diesel pushers/etc you've had but being on my 6th one, I have to say my Dynamax has been the lesser of all evils. Even my Newmar was a POS compared to my DX3.

Again, sorry for the bad luck but hopefully you can get it fixed. It took me 2 years to work out all the bugs that IMO should have been fixed before it left the factory. Other than those, I've had a few things go bad... maybe I'm lucky.

Hope you get your RV back on the road soon.

Mark
Orangecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 08:58 AM   #25
Commercial Member

I said it before...shoot me a number, I have dealers looking to buy that will make it simple.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 12:56 PM   #26

I agree with Brian. If you’ve lost faith in the unit, which clearly you have, take him up on his offer and move on. Doesn’t seem like there is much fun in it for you. I can certainly feel for you with all the disappointments and challenges you’ve had. But, how much is enough before your sanity is stretched to capacity. Seems like time to Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On.
“Breathe in, Breathe out, Move on”
MoJoe1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 05:04 PM   #27
Señor Miembro

Thanks for the offer BC but I've already talked to a few dealers about selling it and they all low balled it big-time. I understand they take on risk and need to make a profit but I'd be far, far better off selling it myself.
Well, that is if RV sales don't collapse now because of fuel prices like they did in 2008.

The other problem with selling it is what would I replace it with? I talked to showhauler about ordering a custom built rig but they have a two year wait.

Besides, I'd take such a bath on this one after everything we've put into it. We're probably around 50% ontop of the purchase price at this point!
In just the last few months alone we've replaced the jack system, put separate Gerard shade awnings on the windows, rebuilt the upper bunk that started coming down, replaced the toilet, and replaced the semi-functioning wineguard with peplink. Even if it weren't for all the gobbs of money we've put into it since new, I don't have the time, parts availability, nor the heart to start over again on another RV.

Yes, I've lost faith in the rig as well as dynamax and Freightliner. However,
I keep hoping we're at the end of repairs as almost everything has been replaced, fixed, upgraded. It's still a lot of quality family fun time when it works! It's just that there always seems to be some unexpected demon around the next corner...
Rancher Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 07:58 PM   #28

RV's and any vehicle always have issues. Personally, i dont like issues on the road, but i enjoy finding a problem and solving it. If you don't like solving issues, maybe an RV isnt for you. There is NO coach, even a 1.5 million $ prevost, that doesn't develop issues. Too many systems and parts to just work smooth without issue all the time.

--John
johndjmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 08:29 PM   #29
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndjmix View Post
RV's and any vehicle always have issues. Personally, i dont like issues on the road, but i enjoy finding a problem and solving it. If you don't like solving issues, maybe an RV isnt for you. There is NO coach, even a 1.5 million $ prevost, that doesn't develop issues. Too many systems and parts to just work smooth without issue all the time.

--John
That is true for life in general. Boat ownership, home ownership, pool ownership, etc. Unless of course you just want to pay someone to come fix it. I am in the middle of some pool troubleshooting right now. I would actually pay someone to come fix it...but I do enjoy figuring it out and frankly, anyone who can fix it is 3 months out anyway.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 11:01 PM   #30

Brian, is that a hint to maybe the new XL having a pool?

[emoji51][emoji51][emoji51][emoji51][emoji51]

In all seriousness during Covid I had some free time so I jumped into autocad designed an awesome super C with a back patio and hot tub. The back 5’ was a “deck” with a roof, no side walls. It had a sunken 2 person hot tub, and a sliding door into the bedroom. Super cool design, maybe I’ll get someone to build it one day.

—John
johndjmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 09:03 PM   #31

Calling Another Ralph Nader

I guess the time is coming when we'll see a Ralph Nader emerge for the RV crowd.
Cold Lake Kid is offline   Reply With Quote