Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2017, 07:27 PM   #1

Disappointed Isata 5

Just dewinterized my brand new rig today and had a flood in the bathroom. The trap for the sink was not hooked up nor could I do it because the rubber gasket is no where to be seen. Not only did it come from the factory like this, but the dealer never checked. What will be next? Scarry, hope it's not a safety item.
Teich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 12:01 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Do you have a picture? Which sink? Kitchen or Lav? Any gasket would go on the strainer portion of the tail pipe and I think we use plumbers putty there.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 02:13 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Do you have a picture? Which sink? Kitchen or Lav? Any gasket would go on the strainer portion of the tail pipe and I think we use plumbers putty there.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170410_165656.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	208.3 KB
ID:	134436
Old 04-11-2017, 02:26 PM   #4
Commercial Member

Well, that's weird. Those get a little plastic ring, methinks. Is the plastic nut missing too? I wonder if a unit got robbed to repair another unit...not sure why anyone would pull that.

Old 04-11-2017, 02:30 PM   #5
Commercial Member

PM me your contact info. Name, address, phone, VIN...we can overnight parts if need be.

Also, dealer and what sink you have (glass vessel or stainless). Something is amiss here...so I want to do a little more research, but in the meantime get you something out.

Old 04-11-2017, 04:34 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
PM me your contact info. Name, address, phone, VIN...we can overnight parts if need be.

Also, dealer and what sink you have (glass vessel or stainless). Something is amiss here...so I want to do a little more research, but in the meantime get you something out.
Appreciate your offer but I have fixed it. The main pipe from the wall comes in high and at an angle. When the trap was installed the sink drain tube barely fit into the trap. Someone tried to make it work anyway and tightened the nut down as far as he could but it was probably only a few threats. After vibration it popped right out. I added an extension to the sink drain tube and reassembled with a new top nut to the trap and everything is working well. The installer blew it.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170411_163550.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	254.0 KB
ID:	134451
Old 04-11-2017, 04:40 PM   #7

That is what I have been worried about small things like this. I don't know about others but when I pay 25-30,000 for something I don't expect to have to make repairs on my own like this. Why can't people just pay attention and do,things right. Seems to me FR would be getting on their people and also,their dealers for not catching the little things.
Gonefishing1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 04:47 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonefishing1 View Post
That is what I have been worried about small things like this. I don't know about others but when I pay 25-30,000 for something I don't expect to have to make repairs on my own like this. Why can't people just pay attention and do,things right. Seems to me FR would be getting on their people and also,their dealers for not catching the little things.
I wish that's all I paid
Old 04-11-2017, 04:49 PM   #9
Commercial Member

Taking my GM hat off...I paid a lot more for my house that I had built and whether I expect it or not, I do 99% of the repairs on my own. I'd rather that, than spend time waiting for someone to show up. RV same thing, takes longer to call the dealer and take it in than to just fix it and in the end I am much happier.

Now, don't get me wrong...stuff like this should be caught. But if it held and only came out after bouncing down the road...the dealer and our QC may have never noticed. The only guy that might have, was the installer and apparently thought it would be fine (mistake).

And you make the assumption that we don't get on our people. I copied this picture right after I saw it this morning and emailed it on to my head of production and the group leader. Installer, obviously thought he had it covered.

Old 04-11-2017, 04:56 PM   #10

Nice action and response,bclemens.
Mdaniels4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 05:00 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdaniels4 View Post
Nice action and response,bclemens.
I agree, thanks for your concern
Old 04-11-2017, 05:08 PM   #12
Commercial Member

And thank you for taking the time to point out the issue (with pictures...always helpful so I can show the guys) and going above and beyond by doing the repair. As I told another poster on here...it should at least warrant a hat or a shirt as an honorary line employee

Old 04-11-2017, 05:10 PM   #13

BClemens
Don't get me wrong I understand stuff happens and I love forest river. I also would be one who will take care of problems on my own. But others may not have the skills or knowledge to do so. They are the only TT I buy also have one of their pontoons and love it also. Just seems a lot of the stuff talked about should be caught or taken care of by the dealer. I know others are the same seen their posts also. FR is a great product maybe it's just some of the dealers who need a kick in the rear.
Gonefishing1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 05:13 PM   #14
Commercial Member

I agree...my goal is to not depend on the dealer as they will ultimately kick the can back to us. Its our job to catch that stuff...just takes time to get 100% of employees to care 100% of the time...but we press on.

Old 04-11-2017, 06:07 PM   #15

I may be a sick person, but my favorite part of both RvS so far was taking things apart, fixing and improving certain things. It is a hobby I guess. I also figure no matter how well it is built, Dynamax cannot fix the road conditions or potholes. A little shaking and bumping can do a lot of damage.
Old 04-11-2017, 06:57 PM   #16

Send a message via AIM to letsgorving Send a message via MSN to letsgorving Send a message via Yahoo to letsgorving
halla, we need to be friends for when we may need repairs
Old 04-11-2017, 07:00 PM   #17

I like the repairs, when I have time to complete them at home. It seems many of them happen on the road.
By the way, we will be at the KOA Baltimore/DC in June. I have some work to do out that way and we thought we would take the Dynamax.
Old 04-11-2017, 07:29 PM   #18

Send a message via AIM to letsgorving Send a message via MSN to letsgorving Send a message via Yahoo to letsgorving
Smile

We are super busy May, June and July this year (most of it with our new DX3) so really hoping all goes well. Feel better we have this forum for help if needed and definitely have to meet up with people here at some point. Some really smart good souls on here. Feel like we'll be part of a family
Old 04-12-2017, 05:30 AM   #19

Halla: I'm the same way. I enjoy finding out how things are made while making small improvements or fixes. Like you said, it's like a hobby. Many of the mods I did to my Seneca come standard on the Force HD so I might be going stir crazy soon! LOL

I'm picking up our Force HD this coming Monday.

I'm adding the spare tire and hoist I had on my Seneca to the Force. And of course I'll be installing the M2 floor mats in the cab. Also have the center console that sells on eBay...will need to wire that to power and connect the ScanGauge that mounted on it.

One of the things I know I'm going to want to do is upgrade the outside TV to 39" from 32" and add an articulating arm so it can be turned toward the viewers and tilted if necessary. Question: Are the TV's 720 or 1080p?

On the air system I think I want to add a shut-off and drain valve for the rear air bags like others have been mentioning on the site. That would make it sooo much easier to level. Also thinking about re-locating the auxiliary air connection to the passenger side with a PSI regulator and gauge to make it more accessible to fill tires or balls.

Next thing would be a gooseneck faucet on the kitchen sink for the DW.

After that, I'm not sure...it already has everything else we like, want and need. I'm sure I'll find something.
shultz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 08:46 AM   #20

TV was 720 in ours. I upgraded all the tvs and put a pull out arm on the outside tv. I found an all weather cover for the outside tv, added padding to protect the screen. It is just incase the cabinet would leak.