Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2017, 08:16 PM   #1

Dometic DMR702 not cooling properly

We have a 2015 REV RB. The last two week trip, I had to keep the refrigerator on the coldest setting. Even then I had trouble keeping food cold in the refrigerator section. I have two thermometers one in the freezer and one in the refrigerator. They have safe zones marked for each. The refrigerator barely gets to the safe setting or around 40 degrees. This is with gas or electric. I hear the fan running outside, and I looked down from the top outside vent and there were no obstructions.

From reading earlier posts, I ordered a Snip the Clip adjustable thermistor. I installed it yesterday. I put several bottles of water in so there was something to cool besides air. I put the awning out to shade the side. It's set to the lowest setting. The freezer goes to zero and the refrigerator is at 50.

Thanks Tom D
Orlando
Tom-n-Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 08:10 AM   #2

Update DMR 702

Late last night I adjusted the new "Snip the Tip" thermister up and down, and I could hear a click behind the refrigerator. I would assume it was turning the heating element on and off. I set the "Snip the Tip" thermister to the lowest (coldest) setting, not in the middle (default) for overnight.

This morning the refrigerator is now just above the safe zone on the thermometer, or about 40 degrees. There was water on the outside lower vent, so it defrosted. The freezer is at zero. The outside fan is off, so it is not cooling any further.

I now switched it from Auto to Gas only. I checked outside and the burner is now on. So it is now cooling further. I'm going to leave it at the lowest setting to see how low the refrigerator will go on gas only.

Anyone have an idea why it will only drop the refrigerator to 40 on electric?

Thanks in advance
Tom D
2015 REV RB
Orlando
Tom-n-Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 07:29 PM   #3
Site Team

That's definitely a puzzler. If it's cooling at all it should stay on until the thermostat is satisfied.

Have you checked the resistance of the electric element?

Tags
cooling, dometic