Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-27-2020, 03:29 PM   #1

Door lock and Entertainment system issues

We picked up our new Isata 5 30FWD just hours before Washington went on stay at home order. We did a fairly extensive walk through, but there were several things that were not explained. Since we are all on shut down, taking the unit back for additional information is not going to be an option for at least a month. That also means we are stuck at home with plenty of time to read manuals and figure things out.

The first issue I can't figure out is the doorlock. The manual on the flash drive shows a vertical mounted keypad with a doorbell symbol, the one on our unit is perpendicular and has only numbers, no symbols at all. So what do I use for the doorbell symbol in the instructions? Is there any way to silence the chime it makes every time the door shuts?

Next issue, the Tv's work on over the air as they are supposed to, but cannot get Any of the Tv's to connect to the Blue Ray Player. I watched the Entertainment Systems video and then start investigating. First, none of the HDMI cables have any type of labeling, marking, coding, or anything to show what they are. They all have a little made in China tag and that is it. The first thing I discovered was that all 4 HDMI cables coming into the cabinet over the Microwave to the Matrix were plugged into the four OUTPUT ports. Now, I am assuming that the 4 cables are the 3 Tv's and the Blue Ray Player. So, if I understand how the Matrix works, one should be plugged into an INPUT port, and that would be the Blue Ray Player.
I then thought I could figure out which one was the Blue Ray Player by the process of elimination. I first tried the cable plugged into OUTPUT 4, I moved it to INPUT 1 and put the living room TV source to HDMI 1. That didn't work, I then went through all the cable combinations nothing worked. Then I discovered that the HDMI cable was plugged into the TV into HDMI 2 not 1! I changed the source on the TV to HDMI 2 and went through the entire process again. (Yes, I turned on the Blue Ray Player). No combination seemed to work, one thing I did notice was that mainly a couple of combinations resulted in both the input and output lights next to the cables on the back of the Matrix lighting up. I don't know what else to try....

Any help or suggestions would be great!! I am totally frustrated.

Thanks so much!
NorthIdahoCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 05:10 PM   #2
Commercial Member

1. You likely got one of the new doors. That is a PTL door and a little different. Info attached.

2. There is no way to silence the chime. That happens when power is re-applied after it was cut. (IE the power that goes through the door pins). They are working on a flexible wiring connection, but that would not be retro-fittable.

3. The ends of the cables should be color coded...but in any event, what entertainment systems video did you watch? This one? https://forestriverinc.help/#/dynama...ultiple-180759

It is rather simple if you understand the pieces.

Each TV, has several inputs. There will be HDMI 1 and HDMI 2.

The Matrix is a 4x4. So there are (4) inputs (sources) 1-2-3-4 and (4) outputs (TV's) A-B-C-D.

Also attached some hard copy.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PTL Door Keypad Instructions.pdf (277.8 KB, 58 views)
File Type: pdf Dynamax AV Systems.pdf (857.6 KB, 42 views)

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 05:13 PM   #3

I just picked up my Isata 5 30FW a couple of weeks ago in Michigan and drove it home to Texas.

I have not tackled the keypad lock yet, but on the TV’s, two of them were on HDMI 2 source and one was on HDMI 3. Have you checked all three possible source inputs on the TV menu? Make sure all the blue lights are lit on the Matrix so we know it’s outputting to all the TV’s. Did you check the HDMI cable on the back of the BluRay? Are you sure the BluRay is playing and sending a signal?

Just some thoughts. I may look at the keypad next week. I didn’t have a keypad on our Isata 3, do used to using the key.
milkman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 06:18 PM   #4

Thanks! I went back out and started completely over reconnecting to the Matrix, and now have it working and was able to identify what each cable was and labeled them. They were not color coded. Everything works as it should and the way I understood it should. I am not sure why it did not work before, guess I just needed to walk away for a bit.

On the door lock, were we supposed to get Fobs for the door? Thanks for the manual, I will read it and try out these instructions later, as it is raining right now.

One of the deciding factors for our purchase of a Dynamax was because of all the factory, and forum support. Brian your support has sold a lot of units!
NorthIdahoCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 10:31 PM   #5

I just picked up my 30FW today, and the keypad lock is way more complicated then it needs to be. On my 5th wheel I put one on from Rvlocks .com and was very easy. Changed the access code but to change the authority code they want you to use a wire or paper clip to short a connection between to wires to change the code. I really like my 30FW but this lock system not so much. I plan on never using it since it does not lock the deadbolt
Old 03-28-2020, 03:51 PM   #6
Commercial Member

progress is painful...we had issues with the old one knocking out relays and not working, so we upgraded the door and it came with an upgraded lock...I guess nothing is perfect.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, entertainment, lock