Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-01-2020, 08:43 PM   #21

Speaking of Isata fresh water tank drains, I'm having on occasional issue with my Isata 3. I purchased a gently used 2019 - 24FW about 10 months ago. I have spent approximately 40 nights in it since purchasing.

On 4 different occasions, when I hook up to the city water supply at an RV park, the fresh water tank mysteriously fills, and then drains continuously out the overflow hose (onto the ground, of course). The tank valve is on the "City" setting, and I have an adjustable water pressure valve attached (the guage is set to 40lbs.). On 3 of those instances, I happened to be right there, and noticed the draining water, so I turned off the water at the RV park hose bib, and just ran off from the motorhome's FW tank. On one occasion, I hooked the motorhome up to the RV park's connections, and the left for the day. When I got back that evening, I returned to a nice little pool of water surrounding the motorhome (and a scolding note from the RV park management letting me know that they had turned off my water supply, and politely demanded that I get the problem fixed before I would be allowed to turn the water back on.)

Right after purchasing my Isata, I remember reading on this forum that someone else had a similar issue, but I have tried searching what the resolve was, but have been unable to find that post again. I contacted Dynamax to see if this problem was covered under the 2 year warranty, but was informed that the warranty only applies to the original owner (which is one of the main reasons I chose to buy this Isata - it was only 6 mos. old when I purchased, and I was misled to believe that it was still covered for 18 months by the original Dynamax factory warranty - another valuable case of "buyer beware"!)

Just curious if any other Isata 3 owners have encountered this issue? I'm hoping that perhaps Mr. Clemens can chime in on this one, with a suggestion on what might be causing this to happen.......
ImKrisK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 08:49 PM   #22
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImKrisK View Post
Speaking of Isata fresh water tank drains, I'm having on occasional issue with my Isata 3. I purchased a gently used 2019 - 24FW about 10 months ago. I have spent approximately 40 nights in it since purchasing.

On 4 different occasions, when I hook up to the city water supply at an RV park, the fresh water tank mysteriously fills, and then drains continuously out the overflow hose (onto the ground, of course). The tank valve is on the "City" setting, and I have an adjustable water pressure valve attached (the guage is set to 40lbs.). On 3 of those instances, I happened to be right there, and noticed the draining water, so I turned off the water at the RV park hose bib, and just ran off from the motorhome's FW tank. On one occasion, I hooked the motorhome up to the RV park's connections, and the left for the day. When I got back that evening, I returned to a nice little pool of water surrounding the motorhome (and a scolding note from the RV park management letting me know that they had turned off my water supply, and politely demanded that I get the problem fixed before I would be allowed to turn the water back on.)

Right after purchasing my Isata, I remember reading on this forum that someone else had a similar issue, but I have tried searching what the resolve was, but have been unable to find that post again. I contacted Dynamax to see if this problem was covered under the 2 year warranty, but was informed that the warranty only applies to the original owner (which is one of the main reasons I chose to buy this Isata - it was only 6 mos. old when I purchased, and I was misled to believe that it was still covered for 18 months by the original Dynamax factory warranty - another valuable case of "buyer beware"!)

Just curious if any other Isata 3 owners have encountered this issue? I'm hoping that perhaps Mr. Clemens can chime in on this one, with a suggestion on what might be causing this to happen.......
Classic symptom of the internal check valve in the water pump leaking and allowing city water to bypass the check valve and fill the fresh tank when on city water.

This condition is reported at least once a week on this forum.

Turn off city water, open a faucet, turn on on-board pump, open and close a faucet a few times to try to clear the debris (grit, dirt, shavings) from the check valve in the pump, turn off pump and turn city water back on and see if that cures it. If it doesn't you may need to replace/rebuild the pump or install an inline check or shutoff valve.

You should also NEVER leave your R/V for any length of time with the water pressure on. Far too many reports of this and other plumbing issues causing flooding.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=86
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 09:09 PM   #23

Thanks for the info 5picker.....I'll definitely give that a whirl next time I'm out traveling in the coach!

Also, GREAT suggestion about turning off the city water whenever I'm away from the motorhome. I've been RVing for 40-some years, and fortunately, have never had any type of water issue (believe me, I'm knocking on wood as I type!).

Thank You.....Thank You.....THANK YOU!!!
ImKrisK is offline   Reply With Quote