Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2020, 09:32 AM   #1
National Park Nerd

Draining fresh water tank??

I just purchased my new used 2019 Isata 3. So far so good. However, for the life of me I cannot figure out how to drain the fresh water tank. I have the "Anderson" dial, and 2 "low point" drains (hot and cold line drains) in the back drivers side compartment. I have disinfected my water tank and lines and now have to drain the fresh water tank. I've opened the seemingly obvious low point drains (hot and cold water.) NOTHING FLOWS out. The tank is 2/3 full. I've tried setting the Anderson dial to different positions thinking it made a difference but nothing.

The online videos are great for how to fill the tank. NO WHERE is there information on what to do to drain this tank.

HELP PLEASE!! And thank-you!
Mommajoje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 09:34 AM   #2

Try turning on the frest water pump.
Old 10-09-2020, 09:37 AM   #3
National Park Nerd

ok dumb question, why do i need a pump for a low point (gravity?) drain? If i turn on the pump and the tank empties, do i risk burning out the pump while I run back around the coach to turn off the pump??
Old 10-09-2020, 09:44 AM   #4

I know on my fresh water tank when I open the low water points it will not drain the hot or cold water unless the pump is on. You are correct if the pump runs dry you risk damaging the rubber impeller.
Old 10-09-2020, 09:47 AM   #5
Site Team

You don’t need to run your pump. There is a fresh water tank drain that some users have difficulty finding. I don’t have a similar rig but someone who does will come along and tell you where it is.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 10:11 AM   #6
Commercial Member

What model Isata 3 do you have? There is a fresh water drain...

I think it is between the frame rails, so a little hard to see...but when looking underneath you should see the stub coming down.

It depends a little on floor plan...the 24FW the fresh water tank is between the rails, so the drain is obviously on the tank.

The 24FW the tank is in the bed base...so the valve might be in an access panel or below that area.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 11:37 AM   #7

It’s right behind the bumper in the center if you have the 24FW. It’s a blue Pex tube with a white cutoff valve on the bottom.
milkman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 04:59 PM   #8
National Park Nerd

Help!! How do you drain the fresh water tank!!??

Thanks to you all! I have taken some pictures. Your feedback is so helpful. I have Isata 3 RW (bed slide is straight out the back with full-through outdoor storage across the rear of the rig.

1. Last picture shows red and blue pex with the white drain valves I believe drain the hot and cold lines. **CORRECT ME IF THESE SERVE AS THE LOW POINT DRAINs ALSO ! These lines are right inside the back drivers side outside compartment where all the water valves and Controls are located.

2. Second picture is taken right outside the compartment and shows the labels on the coach for a. Fresh Water Drain, and b. LOW POINT DRAIN.

3. If I drop down and look under the coach from where these labels are located, I see the 2 red and blue pex lines mentioned above coming through the compartment, AND I see the first picture with the blue pex line coming down from behind the compartment - this blue pex line (in the first pic) does not come through the compartment and you have to crawl under the rig to get to it, but...

4. when I crawl under the coach to reach this blue pex line there is no valve to open or close. Its just a blue pex line. Ive searched under the rig around this point for something to open/close and nothing. See pics #3 and #4
I'm at a loss. Thanks again for any insight!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2222.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	499.6 KB
ID:	240857   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2221.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	363.2 KB
ID:	240858   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2225.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	223.9 KB
ID:	240859   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2223.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	284.5 KB
ID:	240860   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2220.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	434.7 KB
ID:	240861  

Old 10-09-2020, 04:59 PM   #9

Did you open all valves inside your RV, sink, shower lavatory etc. If all were open the low point drains should have drained your tank. You should also drain the water to the toilet. Also, make sure you don't have a filter hidden somewhere. My Jayco Redhawk had a filter behind a panel in the rear storage. The panel was attached with 4 screws and I was unaware a filter existed behind it. The filter broke when it froze that first winter.
Dugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 05:39 PM   #10

He has an RW. The tank drain is in the wet bay behind a little wall that hangs down. You can reach in there and open the valve. You have to bend that wall up a little to get your hand in there. It’s right at the tank. You can see the tank from that hole with a flashlight.
US Army Veteran 🇺🇸
Previous coach 2017 Isata 3RW
Also,3 Diesel pushers, 1Bvan, 2 class Cs
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 06:03 PM   #11
National Park Nerd

This is what I see. With what space I have to reach my hand into the open space and get behind the back wall of the compartment and feel around for a valve, there isn't anything there.

This is very frustrating. surely there is a low point valve on this rig that an actual human can get to without taking apart the compartment.

Thanks again.
Old 10-09-2020, 06:04 PM   #12
National Park Nerd

including pics this time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2228.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	364.9 KB
ID:	240867   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2227.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	419.3 KB
ID:	240868  
Old 10-09-2020, 09:10 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommajoje View Post
including pics this time.
I don’t know what to tell you. That’s where mine is. That said, mine is a 2017 so they may have moved it. Can you see the fresh water tank through that opening?
US Army Veteran 🇺🇸
Old 10-10-2020, 09:50 AM   #14
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Davis View Post
He has an RW. The tank drain is in the wet bay behind a little wall that hangs down. You can reach in there and open the valve. You have to bend that wall up a little to get your hand in there. It’s right at the tank. You can see the tank from that hole with a flashlight.
^^this is correct^^...at least that is where it was. There was another post here I found and he said the same thing "reached up over that little black divider to get to the tank drank"

I don't think we have moved it. Worse case, just run the water pump until its empty until we can verify the location.

Have you checked any access ports on the bed base? It is not uncommon for an owner to add or move things to where they want them. One customer added a gravity fill and move some things in the process.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 08:25 AM   #15
National Park Nerd

Kind Sir.... I finally found the valve! right where you said it was. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I had to first fit my hand through the hole, then blindly feel around, pushing around wires and hoses and finally found it. Would never in a million years believed that a valve would be placed back in that hole - but, here we are. THANKS AGAIN.
Old 10-11-2020, 02:29 PM   #16

Quote:
Kind Sir.... I finally found the valve! right where you said it was. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I had to first fit my hand through the hole, then blindly feel around, pushing around wires and hoses and finally found it. Would never in a million years believed that a valve would be placed back in that hole - but, here we are. THANKS AGAIN.
Yeah, they could have made it easier. I’m glad we could help.
US Army Veteran 🇺🇸
Old 10-11-2020, 02:56 PM   #17
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman22 View Post
I know on my fresh water tank when I open the low water points it will not drain the hot or cold water unless the pump is on. You are correct if the pump runs dry you risk damaging the rubber impeller.

Glad they found the drain! I love a happy ending.
Just a note- the water pump in an RV uses a diaphragm and a wobble plate. Some use 4 cavity diaphragms trying to cut down on the pressure pulsing. It typically will not damage the diaphragm if it's ran dry. On a boat motor however they use a rubber impeller which will be damaged pretty quickly if it's ran dry.
Happy camping!
2016 Evergreen Everlite 242RBS
29' empty nest model. Blue Ox WD hitch
(1 queen bed, large main cabin and huge bathroom)
Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41, 2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-44, 2017-63, 2018-75, 2019-32, 2020-41, 2021-49, 2022-43, 2023-66
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 08:44 PM   #18

Quote:
ok dumb question, why do i need a pump for a low point (gravity?) drain? If i turn on the pump and the tank empties, do i risk burning out the pump while I run back around the coach to turn off the pump??

I see the main question has been resolved, but regarding the “run back around to turn off the pump” there is a pump on/off switch in the wet bay too, you can see it in one of the pics in a later post.

ps You have a great coach, I love my ‘19 RW!
acoxFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 07:38 AM   #19

I surely don't recommend using the pump to drain the water. On my new 2020 Greywolf there is still over 10 gallons of water left after the pump runs dry. I measured it! Likely due to how bad the tank sags when full and keeps that belly for a long time and also the pump pick-up likely doesn't reach the bottom of the tank.
Stevemal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 07:43 AM   #20

Quote:
I just purchased my new used 2019 Isata 3. So far so good. However, for the life of me I cannot figure out how to drain the fresh water tank. I have the "Anderson" dial, and 2 "low point" drains (hot and cold line drains) in the back drivers side compartment. I have disinfected my water tank and lines and now have to drain the fresh water tank. I've opened the seemingly obvious low point drains (hot and cold water.) NOTHING FLOWS out. The tank is 2/3 full. I've tried setting the Anderson dial to different positions thinking it made a difference but nothing.

The online videos are great for how to fill the tank. NO WHERE is there information on what to do to drain this tank

HELP PLEASE!! And thank-you!

I have an Isata 3 2021 and have three low point drain valves on the driver side rear compartment.
Bl5yd55 is offline   Reply With Quote