Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2020, 04:10 PM   #1

Dripping AC...

When I first got my DX3, I had some dripping from the rear AC. Upon doing some research, it seems that one cause was because the compartment above the plastic shield/filter wasn’t sealed because a foam “wall” wasn’t sealed properly.

I dropped the AC cover, taped up the Foam wall and all had been good for two years.

Recently the rear AC has been leaking again after running a while and if you turn it off, you will get a steady stream of water pouring out of the unit for 20 or so seconds.

I checked the same process I did two years ago to no avail. Since I’m living in my RV now (until my divorce mediation comes up) it’s hard to drop it off at the dealer.

I had a mobile guy come out and as I suspected, the drain line was plugged (not readily accessible by just removing the cover on top of the AC unit)

He cleaned out the drain line and all was good for a week. One week later it started dripping again. I believe it’s something to do with sealing this time, it only dropped a bit and didn’t pour out water when you shut it off.

Let me differentiate, before it would POUR out water and drip enough to wake you up from a sleep. Now, it’s a bit more than condensation (to the point it will wet the bed more than condensation drops)

I did some research and apparently there is a gasket (under recall/bulletin from Dometic) that they will send for free (if you have the affected model)

Anyone else experience this?

Thanks,

Mark
Orangecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 04:14 PM   #2

I don't know how to link to the thread I had started about a similar problem. But if you look up your dometic unit model you can order the seals online for about $30 give or take.
KEliasz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 04:41 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEliasz View Post
I don't know how to link to the thread I had started about a similar problem. But if you look up your dometic unit model you can order the seals online for about $30 give or take.
Is this it?
https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...de-213733.html

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 05:08 PM   #4

Yep. That's my old thread
KEliasz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 02:54 PM   #5

I had a similar experience, although mine was only a tiny drip occasionally. Once the recall was completed, well over a year ago, I have not had anymore issues. I believe if you call Dometic and tell them what units you have they will send the kits to you at no charge.
“Breathe in, Breathe out, Move on”
MoJoe1003 is offline   Reply With Quote