Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2021, 06:31 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseHouse View Post
After much debate and discussion, we decided on the RB floorplan. I still love the KD, but my husband talked me into the RB. We picked up our coach this week and it did not disappoint! The amount of space, particularly storage space, is fantastic.

Coming from the Isata 5, the living space is huge. There is a lot of kitchen countertop and storage, although the three drawers are small and will take some creative organizing. We did not get the larger fridge that used to come with the RB, but we got an amazing pantry. Both bathrooms have lots of storage. There is a huge towel closet (although we would have sacrificed this for a bigger shower). We love the laundry closet with the hanging rod - this was a big selling point because we always struggled to find space for our kid's or guest's clothes. There is also a small laundry pantry.

There are light switches in front of the kitchen sink that are easy to accidentally hit when standing there. In both baths, I wish the light switch was first instead of the water pump.

We will be working through our punch list in the coming months, but our first impression is wow, what a beautiful and functional coach!

We still have a lot of organizing to do, but I've included some photos of some of the interior features that we love in the RB.
Attachment 258456Attachment 258457Attachment 258458Attachment 258459Attachment 258460Attachment 258461Attachment 258462Attachment 258463Attachment 258464
Here's probably the most useful mod I did to the DX3. One of few things that bothered me was there is no place to put a broom.

I took the shelves out of the pantry, placed the dryer on top of the washer and converted the dryer space to a HUGE pantry.
Attached Images

Orangecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 09:00 AM   #22
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangecrush View Post
Here's probably the most useful mod I did to the DX3. One of few things that bothered me was there is no place to put a broom.

I took the shelves out of the pantry, placed the dryer on top of the washer and converted the dryer space to a HUGE pantry.
OK, but where's the broom?

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 07:01 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
OK, but where's the broom?
In that narrow ass closet you called a pantry.
Orangecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 10:39 PM   #24
Señor Miembro

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndjmix View Post
We have limited space in any coach and I didn’t want to waste it on a second bathroom.
—john
True for many but when your toilet dies, you'll be really glad you have a spare! Ours crapped out (pun intended) while we were camping on the coast. Having only one toilet, I'd bought a Luggable Loo, JIC, but of course it got pulled out of the RV that trip for the first time ever and Murphy attacked. It was during covid lockdowns so there was nobody around to fix it nor any public bathrooms available. We had to cut the trip short and head home right away stopping anywhere were we could find a bathroom still open. Now the luggable loo is permanently stored in the RV and we added an access panel to the back of the toilet to get to wiring if ever needed again.
Rancher Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 06:55 AM   #25

Your toilet died?
What could possibly go wrong with your toilet to make you want to carry a spare?
jdebevec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 07:11 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdebevec View Post
Your toilet died?
What could possibly go wrong with your toilet to make you want to carry a spare?
A dead macerater?

Bruce
Old 07-18-2021, 07:01 PM   #27
Señor Miembro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdebevec View Post
Your toilet died?
I dunno why it died. I think it may have been a loose connection because when we cut a hole through the wall behind it and moved some wires, it started working again and has worked fine for about a year now.

But if you ever have a family of 5 with no bathrooms available during covid lockdown, you'd understand why we now carry a spare.
Old 07-18-2021, 11:35 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancher Rob View Post
True for many but when your toilet dies, you'll be really glad you have a spare! Ours crapped out (pun intended) while we were camping on the coast. Having only one toilet, I'd bought a Luggable Loo, JIC, but of course it got pulled out of the RV that trip for the first time ever and Murphy attacked. It was during covid lockdowns so there was nobody around to fix it nor any public bathrooms available. We had to cut the trip short and head home right away stopping anywhere were we could find a bathroom still open. Now the luggable loo is permanently stored in the RV and we added an access panel to the back of the toilet to get to wiring if ever needed again.

How stable is the luggable loo when using it?

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 10:37 AM   #29
Señor Miembro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
How stable is the luggable loo when using it?
Good point Bob. I've never actually tried out the bucket toilet. Our plan is to set it up in the shower for use if it ever comes to that. It's about the only place it seems logistically possible.
Old 07-21-2021, 06:05 PM   #30

I was thinking of using the same location.

We really need two toilets if we begin to travel. The idea of the luggable loo would allow us to get a shorter RV with one bathroom. Makes sense financially and fitting in places that attract us.

But I don’t need a sh*t storm from a tip over. 🥴

I hope all the guys who travel with a dozen people refrain from commenting on how they only need one bathroom. That ain’t us.

Old 07-21-2021, 06:07 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancher Rob View Post
Good point Bob. I've never actually tried out the bucket toilet. Our plan is to set it up in the shower for use if it ever comes to that. It's about the only place it seems logistically possible.

I was wondering if one of those 20# propane bottle stabilizers would fit.

Old 07-21-2021, 06:10 PM   #32

My thread went to the toilet [emoji17]
Old 07-21-2021, 06:48 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseHouse View Post
My thread went to the toilet [emoji17]
Sorry, my bad habit. 😉

Tags