Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2022, 09:08 AM   #1

DX3 light switch/precision Plex?

I know this isn’t the repair section but since I’m assuming all DX3’s use the same circuitry, I’m hoping someone here has some insight.

We’re in Clearwater (plugged into shore) and everything was fine. Last night before I went to bed, I hit the master switch and everything was fine.

This morning, no light switches (they light up white when you touch them) and no Precisin Plex LCD screen.

I’ve tried to reset it using the PP panel and unplugging the LCD screen but to no avail.

Any suggestions? I contacted Precision but they’re closed on Saturdays.

Thanks,

Mark
Orangecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 09:50 AM   #2

Okay, so now the LCD screen came back to life but I came across these two errors
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	517DB7EA-09FD-4062-BFE4-00E54209BDE2.jpeg
Views:	56
Size:	175.4 KB
ID:	271967   Click image for larger version

Name:	EC3B90BA-504D-446D-B273-45EB05B3E369.jpeg
Views:	61
Size:	136.8 KB
ID:	271968  
Old 04-23-2022, 04:41 PM   #3

No one?

Ugh, I am suppose to leave for home tomorrow but can’t do that with the slides out.

Anyone?

Mark
Old 04-23-2022, 05:52 PM   #4

There are some threads that come up but guessing you looked at those already.

Here is one that looks pretty similar if you haven’t run across it yet.

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...mm-153895.html
Old 04-23-2022, 05:57 PM   #5

Just a thought - have you tried starting the generator and disconnecting from shore power to see if it is something on that side of the power control?
Old 04-25-2022, 08:45 AM   #6

Gumpster,

I appreciate your efforts and thoughts into this. I was unable to get the slides in so I drove from Clearwater, FL to Denver, NC with them open. Got a little tight going through the drive thru but we managed...LOL.

Seriously though.... Last week I had the floors replaced with LVP. Apparently the tile guys misplaced the rollers and when I opened the slide, it ripped the wires under the bed and the bed frame from the wall.

Point is, apparently when we reconnected the wires in the weird little plastic clips from the factory, they must have been loose. I removed the bed frame and connected the wires better and everything worked.

I appreciate the thoughts...

Now I have to fix the aqua hot and steps. Whenever we stay at an RV resort, people always come up and start asking questions. I always tell them how pleased I am with Dynamax and everytime I tell someone that, something breaks...lol.

I need to quit jinxing myself.

Mark
Old 04-25-2022, 07:46 PM   #7

Glad to hear you got it working again.

I hear you on the “jinx” [emoji3]. Always seems to happen just after you say something - probably just a coincidence though LOL.

Started following all the issues and discussions more closely since we have one a DX3 RB on order and should be picking up sometime the end of the year.

Will need hat much time to go through all the manuals to get up to speed.

Appreciate the update, been wondering if you got it fixed or not.

Dennis
Old 04-26-2022, 06:10 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumpster808 View Post
Glad to hear you got it working again.

I hear you on the “jinx” [emoji3]. Always seems to happen just after you say something - probably just a coincidence though LOL.

Started following all the issues and discussions more closely since we have one a DX3 RB on order and should be picking up sometime the end of the year.

Will need hat much time to go through all the manuals to get up to speed.

Appreciate the update, been wondering if you got it fixed or not.

Dennis

Thanks... I thought I'd at least report back because when it happened, I scoured the internet until my eyes bled. The one commonality was hardly anyone reported back. They would apparently get it fixed and not respond by telling us how they got it repaired.

Congrats on the RB, you'll love it. Whenever people ask, I tell them how this has been my best RV yet but at the end of the day, they're ALL ROLLING TURDS. You can't take a mobile home 70mph down the road and park it when you're not using it and expect nothing to break.

Mark

Tags
dx3, light, switch