Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2017, 11:31 AM   #1
Eat Pray Love

DX3 Main Slide will Not come in - Upstate NY

Well we were 95% packed to travel from Upstate NY to Ca. The night before leaving I tried putting slides in. The rear one came in but the large main one didn't. The control module for In and Out was normal (Red light flashing slowly)
Without any documentation I tried/checked many things. This DX3 main slide has a Power Gear slide-out mechanism made by Lippert Corp w/emergency retract module. We found 3 manuals on the internet. The slide is run In and Out by 2-DC motors.
We are tied to 50 amp shore power. Coach batteries were at 13.2 volts or higher. Checked DC fuses in fuse box and on retract mod. Checked as best I could wiring, I didn't notice any fault codes but held OUT and In buttons on touch-pad to clear,if any ,minor faults, Held Set Stop/Clear Fault button on back of wall touch-pad for over 5 sec. to clear any major faults. Nothing helped.
I then tried Manual Crank mode. Disconnected sensor connectors. Disconnected motor brakes and used 3/4 hex coupler to move slide.I was able to move Forward gearing but Unable to move aft gearing. This is where I left off until I talk to some experienced helper. On Dynamax Owners I was told to contact Steward Systems in Elkhart,IN.@ 574-262-0225. Monday I'll call, unless I or you can think of other testing. Our trip is therefore - on hold til we find a fix.
tom edelman 2016 Dynaquest DX3 37RB
(This was to be our maiden voyage - :O( ).
Keuka Park, NY
585-733-6018
tedelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 02:22 PM   #2

Sent some pictures to your phone and called you.
joet19711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 06:16 PM   #3
Retired Army Paratrooper

Make sure the ignition is in the off position, mine does not work with key turned on.
MasterBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 07:42 AM   #4

I had an issue with the main slide. I went out an inch and stopped then wouldn't go either way. But I got a major fault indicator.

That being said, I was able to crank it out and back in using two 1/2" drive ratchet wrenches. I'm going to assume you've released the motors and you're using a partner to crank both sides at the same time.

Also, if you have a smartphone or tablet, download the Dynamax app. You can get all the manuals from that app if for some reason the one you need isn't in the manuals included upon delivery.

My issue turned out to be a bad motor. We stopped in Elkhart on the way home and it was replaced in a matter of hours.

MasterBlaster is correct. Make sure you're ignition is off. I disconnect the water and sewer, bring in the slides, awning, then levelers. Next I disconnect shore power. Only after this is all done do I start-up, warm-up, unchock the tires, and move out.

Is your rig leveled? If not try leveling it. I always level before extending the slides and retract the levelers after bringing the slides in.

If you need someone to talk you through anything just give me a call: 717-329-2030.
shultz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 09:00 AM   #5
Eat Pray Love

Our DX3 Slide

Removed main slide motor aft. Checked brake for rust corrosion - OK, Checked movement of shaft with 3/4' socket - moved OK. Reinstalled gear motor aft. Flat Gear bar was lower than front flat gear bar. Jacked and positioned gear bar higher aft - No movement still after these procedures. Binding in rear slide assembly -I'm clueless - why? Monday 10/16/2017 10:00AM calling Dynaquest in Elkhart, IN. for any help.

Called Stward System first: Chuck theredoesn't work on Power Gear products. :O(

Called Dynamax, IN Customer Service "Brian" No Help refered to LCI Libbert Components Incorp. 574-535-1125 Ext 2 call center. Sending info via e-mail.
Old 10-16-2017, 09:21 AM   #6

just read your post. Give me a call
Old 10-16-2017, 01:25 PM   #7
Commercial Member

Still no error codes? If you cleared the faults, you likely cleared the stop settings as well. You would need to reset the stops.

Look at page (3) on this sheet. (just in case that is the issue). we have seen slide tops lost due to low voltage.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Isata 3 Addendum.pdf (1.79 MB, 60 views)

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 04:04 PM   #8
Eat Pray Love

Slide Main

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Still no error codes? If you cleared the faults, you likely cleared the stop settings as well. You would need to reset the stops.

Look at page (3) on this sheet. (just in case that is the issue). we have seen slide tops lost due to low voltage.
As soon as we get this slide to come in we will be heading to the factory and have everything checked out. We were scheduled to be there today for the other slide topper re positioning until this problem occurred.

Tomorrow 10/17/2017 we have a crew of men coming over. I will take out the aft main slide motor and disengage the forward motor. We will push on the slide (hopefully) Inward. This is what LCI told me to do. Tomorrow will be the big test. After that God only knows what I should do if this doesn't work. Keep your fingers and toes crossed, wish us luck and say a little prayer. Tom E
Old 10-16-2017, 04:14 PM   #9

Let me know how you make out Tom, especially, when you find out what the problem was ?
Old 10-17-2017, 07:25 AM   #10
Eat Pray Love

OK Joe
Old 10-17-2017, 11:43 AM   #11
Commercial Member

well, I thought I saw your name on our service calendar, but now it is not there...so not sure what happened.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 12:57 PM   #12
Eat Pray Love

It'll get there to Elkhart and get another appointment... when... ?

Besides service Janis and I look forward to a great visit and tour.
Old 10-17-2017, 02:47 PM   #13
Eat Pray Love

Hurray!!!

10/17/2017 15:30
Three husky young men showed up. We took turns cranking on forward slide motor w/ 3/4" socket (clock-wise). Two men forward and one guy aft pushed on slide keeping the same distance side to side from main frame. Took us ~ 30 mins. to get the entire slide to "IN" position. I locked the brake on the forward slide motor. (remember aft slide motor was removed).Positioned bars on interior top of main slide to assure no movement while driving.

Yeah !!!!!

Tomorrow we'll start out for Elkhart, IN to fix slide.
Old 10-17-2017, 03:02 PM   #14

Glad you got the slide in. Did the aft slide bar go in smoothly while pushing?

If you put on the gear box assembly, you probably wont have to worry

about slide moving out. I drove 400 miles like that.

Still interested in what they find wrong with the slide? Make sure you let

me know. In meantime, have a safe trip to Elkhart..
Old 10-17-2017, 09:26 PM   #15
Eat Pray Love

Not to smooth. It took a lot of grunting and sweat. BUT it IS IN
Old 10-22-2017, 04:15 PM   #16
Eat Pray Love

Slide Fixed

Made it to Dynaquest. Lippert tech. was summons and found a wire to the aft motor bad in harness. That wire took out sensor in Slide motor making the slide inoperable. The control In/Out switch was also bad. Dynaquest Tech. installed another aft slide motor and control. Walla, all is good again.
Thanks to all involved in this matter.

Tags
slide