Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-11-2021, 06:51 AM   #1

DX3 switches/buttons

Has anyone ever taken the light switch bezel off their light switches and rearranged the buttons underneath?

I ask because some of the locations are silly IMO. For example, in the middle bath, the first switch is the bedroom lights. Seems to be the bathroom light switch or the water pump should be first. In the living room, the front and rear lights are not positioned in respect to the order of the lights themselves.

I ask because I want to take the bezels off and look myself but twice I have been in the RV when a dealer tech popped off the bezel and broke the tabs in front of me. He said, “yeah, they always break”

Being in the bodyshop business, we use special clip and tab removers so I chalked it up to his carelessness but I don’t want to try it if you can’t rearrange the buttons anyways.

Thanks y’all!!

Mark
Orangecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 07:35 AM   #2

I took one apart awhile back and if i remember correctly the panel behind it is a solid electronic panel. The buttons you see just sit over the actuators underneath. I also believe that electronic panel plugs in with a phone/Ethernet type cable. So, I don’t believe you can rearrange the order of the buttons.

I get why you would want to. On our XL the first button on the panel in the bathroom is the water pump, the second button is the light. Seems it ought to be the other way around. People are constantly turning on the water pump when they go in there.

I just thought of it, since that is just a two button panel maybe I could remove the cover and flip the panel upside down, change the buttons in the cover and put it back on. I don’t remember how the actual buttons are attached to the cover, but I am going to check today.
“Breathe in, Breathe out, Move on”
MoJoe1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 07:31 PM   #3

I'm assuming that these multiplex systems are fully programmable with some sort of management application or interface. I have worked with various motor controls via a few PLC (programmable logic controllers) and I can only imagine a simple form of that is what is in-use in these coaches.

Having this would allow Dynamax to add various circuits easily and adjust what buttons are where to cover the different floor plans. Changing them would likely require a proprietary (probably expensive) software as well.

This is all just a guess though..

Jim
CyberShanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 07:31 AM   #4

Ljim,

As usual, thank you for your knowledge and insight.

The buttons aren’t a huge deal but it it seems a little foresight into their positions would have made it easier and more practical.

Thanks again,

Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberShanks View Post
I'm assuming that these multiplex systems are fully programmable with some sort of management application or interface. I have worked with various motor controls via a few PLC (programmable logic controllers) and I can only imagine a simple form of that is what is in-use in these coaches.

Having this would allow Dynamax to add various circuits easily and adjust what buttons are where to cover the different floor plans. Changing them would likely require a proprietary (probably expensive) software as well.

This is all just a guess though..

Jim
Orangecrush is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dx3, switch