Originally Posted by KRedburn
also keep in mind the brake pedal must be depressed for the tranny to engage
I have had this issue many times when I get in a hurry.
I'll reemphasize that you MUST depress the brake for the tranny to engage.
I have altered my "get ready to move" procedure.
1. release air park brake
2. step on brake pedal to hold vehicle
3. select transmission state ( Drive or Reverse)
4. check monitor for engagement
5. If showing no engagement ( Drive or Reverse selected but still showing Neutral)
6. cycle brake pedal and reselect Drive or Reverse
It should engage. Having gone through this I have never had an issue with "locked" in Neutral.
Remember, this is a commercial chassis and as such works somewhat different than your pickup.