Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2021, 12:42 PM   #1

dynamax 24 sd no slide...will we feel cramped

We just discovered the dynamax and after viewing some videos we are thinking this may be for us. My concern is will we feel very cramped w no slide?? I am very impressed w high end features. I have read quite a few comments re desirability of no slide and fewer things to go wrong

my wife and I are in our 70s and we plan on driving FL to CO and MT this summer on a 4 month trip......will break it up w several week longs stays at dau house in CO

Would like to hear some comments on sleeping a
arrangements w one in drop down bed and one in dinette bed.

Your comments appreciated
sojourner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 05:13 PM   #2

We bought the isata 3 fw specifically because it feels so open when camping. We opted for the couch instead of the dinette. It came with a table to eat at if eating indoors . It also makes into a queen bed if need extra sleeping area. We got the cab over model , which we use for extra storage.
Sandiegodoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 07:14 PM   #3

I couldn't find a floor plan of your unit. But we would be hard pressed to enjoy a MH without a slideout. But everybody is different.
rskeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 07:44 AM   #4

I do not see a current Isata no-slide model, and neither google nor RVTrader reaches return a hit on an Isata 24SD.

We have neighbors in their 80s with an Isata 3 24FW, which they enjoy as a downsize from larger Class As.

But how you use and adapt to a particular coach is a personal decision. Only you know what your non-negotiables are, and what you can live with. After owing several boats and trailers, DW biggest concern was a bed that is easy to get in and out of, not having to do a back flip or crawl over. No v-berths or sleeping against a wall.

Every trip we see folks in rigs that we would not enjoy, but they are out there having the time of their lives. Behind us was a jeep wrangler with a mattress in the back and a surfboard on top. (well, we greatly enjoy our jeep, just not sleeping in it).

One of the things we like in our 28ss is usability without sliding out, deliberately forgoing some of the space advantages, including extra seating, of the 30fw.

Pragmatically, with the current market, if you plan on traveling this summer, you need to have a coach in hand soon, as it is a sellers market.
Desert Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 10:53 AM   #5
Commercial Member

We build the 24RB with no slide, but we no longer build it. You could only find that model used.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 01:14 PM   #6

Hey Brian

I'm waiting delivery of a 2021 Sunseeker 2380 FDT. No specs yet just vin# Question is does this model come standard with a gen?
poppytoymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 01:30 PM   #7
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppytoymaker View Post
I'm waiting delivery of a 2021 Sunseeker 2380 FDT. No specs yet just vin# Question is does this model come standard with a gen?
Depends...with the Gen shortage, I think they have been making some optional.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 05:47 PM   #8

When we do an extended trip out west or south from Michigan we have a destination and getting there and back usually means a lot of one and two night stops. Our "vacation time" is limited so we do 10+ hour drives between stops. That is why we actually prefer no slides as it is one less thing to do to set up or getting away. Although one thing we had to have was a fixed, walk around queen bed.
markb422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 11:48 PM   #9

Myself and my upholstery buddy are getting ready to do a mod to the small couch and dineette (DX3) to allow half of the front dinette seat back to detach, and allow you to lay flat on the couch and extend your legs all the way. Basically the bottom of the front dinette seat will become part of the couch allowing you to stretch out.

Mods can be made, so if you feel cramped you could always do something custom later on.

--John
johndjmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 07:37 PM   #10
DBM

Slide Convert

I have owned two previous 30 ft. Class C RV's. Neither had a slide and I never missed it. In fact, I used to adamantly oppose slides because or weight, complexity, leaks , squeaks, cost, etc. Swore I'd never have one.
But then I started looking at the Isata 3. I bought a 24CB. It has a dining area slide. I love it. It is non-obtrusive when it is in and absolutely amazing when it is out. IMHO, I think the 24 foot Isata would be too small without the slide. Dean
DBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 02:04 PM   #11

Pragmatic solution. At this point I would also be in favor of making a certain 28SS Slide Topper optional ;-)
AZCreeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 10:12 AM   #12

We upgraded to an Isata 3 24 FW from the View 24G. The View had 2 small slides for small sofa and queen bed, and bathroom in the middle. So cramped! The Isata 3 FW is like a little apartment. With the slide out there is so much space, and also visual space. We got the large sofa with the leg rests (plus the walk around queen bed). I can lay down (or sleep) in the sofa while hubby drives. I'm 5'2." I would not want to have to change dinettes and lower beds to lay down. Some other 24-25 footers without slides have a permanent bed, but smaller and one of you would be trapped. I wouldn't want to have to climb over hubby to "go" at night. Good luck!
acl_co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 11:16 AM   #13

We upgraded from a solera with a corner bed and dinette to an isata 3 fw with the couch
Best move ever. Wife hated small corner bed.
Don’t feel cramped in isata 3 fw.
Sandiegodoug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dynamax, ram, ramp, slide