Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-02-2019, 09:28 PM   #1

Dynamax 5 30FW

What type of diesel fuel mileage can I expect, if I were to purchase this rig?
travelininmymbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 11:26 PM   #2

We get 9.2 mpg at interstate speeds (65-75) towing a 5,000 lb Grand Cherokee.
Stanmawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 09:00 AM   #3

On our trips pulling a Smart car on a trailer we average 10.1 miles to gallon at 65 MPH.
I expect mileage my increase slightly once the Cummins diesel gets 15,000 miles plus and is fully broken in. All my other Cummins diesels in the past have done so.
Old 10-03-2019, 09:26 AM   #4

Isata5 F30

Thank you. I once heard a saying that goes like this: “If you need to know the fuel mileage, then you probably can’t afford it.” We now have a Forester MBS and tow. Fiat, getting somewhere in the neighborhood of 11-14 in the best road and weather conditions.
Old 10-03-2019, 10:37 AM   #5
Dynamax Isata 5 FW

Dynamax 5 30FW

I get 10.3 mpg ,during a 3,000 mile trip to the West coast, and 11.0 coming back home to Fl. Pulling my Ford I am limited to 65mph.
Old 10-07-2019, 08:56 AM   #6
Commercial Member

On the 28 I just took out, I was getting as high as 12 doing 60-65. For the whole trip (including some idle time, city driving, etc) I ended up about 10 for the whole thing,

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 09:14 AM   #7

Thank you. My husband and I are heading to DeMartinis next week to test drive the Isata 5 30FW 4x4 as well as the Omni XG32. We discovered this gem (Isata5) at the CA RV show. I finally found a dealer that truly knows its products. Tim DeMartini actually called me back and actually knows more about RVs than I do. It’s really frustrating when a salesperson actually knows so little and is trying to sell me a shovel to dig a tunnel to China, so to speak. When I am looking to spend upwards of $150,000 plus, I want to be assured that my salesperson know everything about this product, and I mean everything.
Old 10-07-2019, 09:18 AM   #8
Commercial Member

Very good dealer that takes care of the customer and knows their stuff. I worked with them for almost a decade before coming over to Dynamax and they picked our stuff up as soon as I moved. The 30FW floor plan, was actually their suggestion. They wanted a short, 4x4 for the desert. I may have sent them the very first one as a result.

Old 10-09-2019, 01:31 PM   #9

I just sold my Navion 24J which I loved but it didn't tow enough so I'm considering the 30FW. I looked at these last year but didn't think i need it at the time hence buying the 24J. Now I have a 9k lb boat and a 5k trailer w/UTV so I need something with more power.

So....it sounds like you 30FW owners are very happy with them and their towing ability?

Any options you'd highly recommend? Thx

Clay
fstclyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 01:40 PM   #10

Looking to buy a 30FW

I just sold my Navion 24J which I loved but it didn't tow enough so I'm considering the 30FW. I looked at these last year but didn't think i need it at the time hence buying the 24J. Now I have a 9k lb boat and a 5k trailer w/UTV so I need something with more power.

So....it sounds like you 30FW owners are very happy with them and their towing ability?

Any options you'd highly recommend? Thx

Clay
Old 10-10-2019, 09:21 AM   #11
2018 Isata 5 30FW

I have approx 18,000 miles on my 2018 Isata 5 30FW. I just finished up a 3,100 trip from WI to CO. I averaged 9.90. I thought that was pretty good all things considered, mountains, pulling a CRV, running the generator an hour or two a day. The best I've gotten was on a trip to Mobile, AL at 10.50. I never exceed 65 mph and I take my time getting up to speed and back off on the throttle way before anticipated stop or turn. Last March I went from WI to AZ and got 9.75. Plenty of power, excellent control on mountain descents and just fun to drive!
Old 10-17-2019, 09:40 PM   #12

travelininmymbs- We bought our 30FW from Tim and the team at DeMartinis. First class all the way! It was very refreshing to work with a dealer that knows the product as well they do.
steveo19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 12:26 PM   #13

Do any of you use this RV in the winter and snow conditions? Is it acceptable? I'm thinking of buying one now and live in Colo. I have ideas of spending the night at the ski resort with it but not sure how comfortable (warm) it will be...? How's it driving in the snow/ice? Thx
Old 11-05-2019, 02:11 PM   #14
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstclyz View Post
Do any of you use this RV in the winter and snow conditions? Is it acceptable? I'm thinking of buying one now and live in Colo. I have ideas of spending the night at the ski resort with it but not sure how comfortable (warm) it will be...? How's it driving in the snow/ice? Thx
If you look at our FB page, we just built a model specific for cold weather (28SS Xplorer Package). While I know some have ski'd and snowmobiled in an Isata 5...I'm not sure if they were using all the plumbing systems.

Old 11-05-2019, 03:01 PM   #15

Hi Brian, Yep I saw that, just don't want that floor plan. I'd like to assume a 30FW works fine in the winter for a few days atleast.... Would I need a aux heater anywhere for example? The tanks have a heater I believe?
Old 11-05-2019, 03:21 PM   #16

Isata 5 38SS

Where do I find this on FB?
Old 11-05-2019, 03:42 PM   #17
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelininmymbs View Post
Where do I find this on FB?
28SS
https://www.facebook.com/DynamaxMoto...5640136889814/

Just a quick walk though...

Old 11-08-2019, 07:29 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstclyz View Post
Hi Brian, Yep I saw that, just don't want that floor plan. I'd like to assume a 30FW works fine in the winter for a few days atleast.... Would I need a aux heater anywhere for example? The tanks have a heater I believe?
Tanks are inside an enclosed compartment with heat routed to the compartment through a duct from the furnace. So there's heat only when the furnace inside the coach is running.
So when we're expecting temperatures below 10 degrees or so, I put a small heater in the utility compartment just for peace of mind.
jdebevec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 01:44 PM   #19

I see the Innomax air adjustable bed as a new option on this 30FW. Can someone confirm this is accurate?

I wasn't thinking that would be an option since this beds is a "folding bed" in this floor plan....
Old 11-11-2019, 01:52 PM   #20

Order sheet that I saw it was listed for 28SS.
2016 JKUR
MToffroad is offline   Reply With Quote