Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2020, 10:07 PM   #1

Dynamax DX3 question

I'm looking at purchasing a 2019 Dx3,37 Ts, but I have a sloped driveway, and trying to make sure it will clear. I'm looking for the dimension from the rear wheels to the back of the coach, and the dimension from the hitch to the ground. I've tried the website, and the manufacturer, but can't get any answers. Can anyone help ?
Thank you, Brian
BKUHN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 06:40 AM   #2

I struggled with exactly the same question before I bought my 2019 37TS Force HD. My driveway goes up from the street for about 5 feet, then down to my garage. I had to have helper wheels installed on my old fifth wheel in order to be able to make it into the driveway.
I tried measuring, but there were just too many variables for the 37 TS to allow me to reach any conclusions. For example, are you going to tow a vehicle behind you? That would mean that you need a different measurement to the ground, and the distance from the rear axle to the back of the hitch would be different.
I found that the ball on the factory hitch bottomed out one time after getting fuel at a small station. When I removed the hitch, I never again bottomed out. I likewise had no problems when I had a Blue Ox hitch installed for my toad.
My conclusion before I purchased was that if necessary, I would put down a couple of boards to allow me to get into the driveway when necessary. It wasn’t necessary.
Of course, I don’t know what your driveway looks like, but if you’d like me to take some measurements, I’ll be glad to do so once it gets light outside.
Cactus Canyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 08:17 AM   #3

DX3

I would appreciate that! has anyone added airbags to the back to get more clearance?
Old 07-22-2020, 08:21 AM   #4

I have seen individuals add some air plumbing and were able to raise the rear of the coach. Several people including me have raised the hitch.
Old 07-22-2020, 08:40 AM   #5

Dx3 has air ride in the rear, you can add valves to raise the rear temporarily for situations like a steep incline. I did it to my 2015 DX3 36FK
Webefine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 11:50 AM   #6

There is a thread on here somewhere giving info how to to do this mod!
Old 07-22-2020, 02:49 PM   #7

DX3 Air Bag Mod
https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo....php?p=1482749
Webefine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 06:13 PM   #8

Here are the measurements you asked for (as close as I could get).
Center of rear hub cap to back of vehicle: 13’ 4”
Rear of vehicle to rear of Blue Ox hitch: 1’ 5”
Bottom of vehicle receiver to ground: 13.5”
Bottom of Blue Ox hitch to ground: 14.5”
My driveway isn’t exactly level, so those distances to ground will actually be somewhat greater than I measured.
I hope that’s helpful. I’m not one to do mechanical mods like raising the rear, but that’s just me. I know my limits.
Cactus Canyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 10:54 PM   #9

I would like to thank everyone for their help on my hitch clearance problems I'm going to have with a 37 ts. I would like to try the air bag modifications Webefine described, and also the hitch modifications others have done.
Being new to this forum process, how do go about contacting Webefine to see if I can get more info on the air line mods.
Old 07-24-2020, 09:09 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKUHN View Post
Being new to this forum process, how do go about contacting Webefine to see if I can get more info on the air line mods.
Send a PM (Private Message) by clicking on his handle on the main screen. Select send private message.
rskeans is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dx3