Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-02-2021, 10:51 PM   #1

Dynamax DX3 vs DYNAQUEST

I know the thread title is kind of a catchy phrase but my questions are not about which is better but more about what the differences are? Yes I looked at the Dynamax website but the info I am wanting is not listed there nor any where else I could find. What I am looking for is differences of course but also differences in ride heights and ground clearances if anyone knows these answers. Also ride quality from the M2-106 vs the M2-112 if anyone has that experience as well. Thanks guys for any help in advance.
Take care and have a good evening
Mountieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 07:30 AM   #2

I wondered how long until you would come back this way. At this rate you might as well open a dealership. lol.

I have not seen many posts over the years that discuss ride difference in the two units. I know our dealer in Ohio has driven both units through the mountains and said the M112 has a lot more power. He didnt mention ride or anything else, he just kept telling me it had a lot more power in the mountains. I have had zero issues with our 106 in the mountains or with the ride.

What is wrong with your Verona?
Old 03-03-2021, 08:48 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by halla View Post
I wondered how long until you would come back this way. At this rate you might as well open a dealership. lol.

I have not seen many posts over the years that discuss ride difference in the two units. I know our dealer in Ohio has driven both units through the mountains and said the M112 has a lot more power. He didnt mention ride or anything else, he just kept telling me it had a lot more power in the mountains. I have had zero issues with our 106 in the mountains or with the ride.

What is wrong with your Verona?
Hello Halla,
Good to hear from you bud. The Verona has been flawless. Never been back to dealer since we purchased. We have the 36VSB and when we throw in the dogs it can get a little small. We are looking at going to a triple slide. Once we get to looking, Dynamax just offers more interior color selections which would be nice to change up. Also Dmax uses more comfortable sofas etc.

I have learned a lot going around the MH market. We almost bought a Newmar DutchStar friday which is one beautiful coach but when it comes time we both just love the Trucks.. When driving the interstate you see lots of motorhomes but only a Super C makes you turn and look..

Also I was one that kinda fussed about wheel-base on the Dmax and didn't understand fully what that entails until I've had them all. I can explain that pretty simple, Do you want to turn or not... LOL The Renegade when you turn does not track well due to the longer wheel base which is fine as long as you know it. The Dmax has tail swing which is fine as long as you know it. Give and take and Im sure you know what I mean.

I have nothing bad to say about Renegade. Great company just as Dmax is. Dmax just offers some attractive options we would like. Plus might have missed you guys on here a little..
Old 03-03-2021, 08:48 AM   #4

Welcome back!
Old 03-03-2021, 08:55 AM   #5

Thanks Mookie..
Not back yet but we are working on it if we can find one to buy.. Making some calls today.
Old 03-03-2021, 08:57 AM   #6
Motorized GM

It's like Deja Vu, lol

The chassis are almost identical. The main difference is the front hood on the M2-112 does not slope down. This allows for a larger radiator which allows for the cooling needed to increase the HP and Torque. Then cab sits about 1" higher as I recall.

So, ride height/ground clearance does not change. Ride quality is just different...obviously there is more power on the M2-112, so that will be felt. With that power and torque, I think there is a louder, deeper grumble in the early gears as it gets up to speed and a harsher transition from 2nd to 3rd, maybe? From a standpoint of comfort, I think they are both the same. We are running upgraded air ride seats on all our M2's now from Freightliner and then we add a foam pack and recover, all with dual arm rests.
Please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx Don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube page for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 10:00 AM   #7

No Swaybar on the 112 iirc?

Tho I'm of the camp that doesn't believe the swaybar on the 106 does anything anyways. Especially when the bushings leave for vacation.

Full-time Dynamax Resident
FOURWHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 10:33 AM   #8
Motorized GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOURWHL View Post

Tho I'm of the camp that doesn't believe the swaybar on the 106 does anything anyways. Especially when the bushings leave for vacation.
Correct.
Please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx Don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube page for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 12:13 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOURWHL View Post

I noticed a nice difference how mine drove after I upgraded my sway bar end links.
Webefine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 12:14 PM   #10

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0359.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	398.7 KB
ID:	248783
I posted this in another thread. Don’t remember where I first got it from. Somewhere on this Forum. It’s based on 2020 model year specs, so I’m sure several things have changed or been upgraded. At least it’s a good starting point for comparison between the DX3 and XL.
“Breathe in, Breathe out, Move on”
MoJoe1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 01:05 PM   #11
Señor Miembro

There are some suspension/chassis differences though I'm not sure what they are exactly. When I went to roadmaster for a steering stabilzer and anti-sway bar, they said they needed to take measurements and engineer and fab a swaybar for the M112 as they aren't the same as the ones for the M106 (Though steering stabilizer was the same). It's been almost a year but I believe the engineer said the M112 has different sized bolts and nuts too.
Good/knowledgable group of folks there at roadmaster, good products and they install onsite. (No affiliation)
I test drove a DX3 & Renegade Verona but bought the XL because of the power difference.
Rancher Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 07:18 PM   #12

It's all about the engine. The XL has a massive power plant. And that's about it. And in my opinion it's worth every dime extra. If you can afford the XL get it.
Forget all the other stuff. They are effectively the same. The bigger engine is a no brainier.

2020 Isata-5 36DS (traded in)
2021 Force HD 37 TS (Still waiting for delivery)
Invisibleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 07:54 PM   #13
Señor Miembro

If you want and can afford more power, there is a 2021 Renegade 30 minutes from me I've been trying to go see that is basically the same as our Dynamax but based on a peterbuilt chassis with 600hp! But I really want it for the steering wheel based controls and 3rd heatpump.
Old 03-03-2021, 08:11 PM   #14

Rob. Send link on that beast. You've got my interest.
Hal

Old 03-03-2021, 09:14 PM   #15
Señor Miembro

I couldn't find the Peterbuilt, maybe they sold it out from under me. But there is a Western Star version Renegade Classic over in Idaho. It also has 600 hp engine that ought to be able to go 75mph straight up the mountains! The dynamax is a lot better bang for your buck but if money isn't a huge factor, I'd upgrade to the Renegade classic. Although there are a few little things I like about the dynamax a little better. Not least of which is the layout.
Old 03-03-2021, 11:54 PM   #16

What a beast. Never knew they existed. What I have to say all said and done that teeny little TV on the swing arm doesn't do it for me. I'll stay with my Dynamax.

Old 03-04-2021, 07:25 AM   #17

x2, it just doesnt do it for me. Very plain and boxy on the outside, the inside is somewhat bland, similar colors and the dark wood is on its way out. They should consider more modern interiors for $500k. Just my opinion.
Old 03-04-2021, 08:27 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invisibleman View Post
Rob. Send link on that beast. You've got my interest.
Hal
This is the one that was recently for sale in WA. It was sold out of TX and must have only been used for one trip or something. This video was filmed as the dealer was picking up the coach from the Renegade factory:

Old 03-04-2021, 09:27 AM   #19

Cascadia?

I see this thread as a demand for a Cascadia Dynamax! Brian
Old 03-04-2021, 09:47 AM   #20

Probably not in the DM price point range. Although I am still convinced offering the "option" to choose which chassis you want, M2 106 or 112, and put either of the three (Force, DX3, or XL) on whichever the customer wants. I suppose it wouldn't make sense to put an XL on the 106, but the other two would work for sure. That way DM keeps the price point of the M2 106 chassis versions, but offering the "option" to choose the 112 chassis. I think in other threads that has shown to have notable interest.

Tags
dx3