Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-16-2018, 02:48 PM   #1
Commercial Member

Dynamax Facebook Page

Just a heads up and please don't take this the wrong way..its not a huge deal.

the same people/person that responds on the Dynamax Facebook page are the same person/people that respond here. So if a question gets asked in both locations, we end up duplicating efforts.

Most questions on FB are direct messages, so others can't see the response. So my preference would be here on this forum, so others can benefit. Or if on Facebook, on the main page so others see the response.

I understand some people find the FB page first and then find the forum after, but if you are already here, please post questions here. I'm just one little ole guy.

I am trying to add some monitors....but questions range from service to sales to technical to general. So its finding the right mix.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 02:56 PM   #2

I would rather post here. Seems there are a bunch of non owners on FB, but I am bias because I helped push for our own forum here.
Old 01-16-2018, 02:59 PM   #3
Commercial Member

yes...and actually if I am behind, like this week. You guys have been great at answering the questions for me. (So I actually have very qualified monitors here). Sean already learned he very valuable "I don't remember why, but the answer was NO" response.

Old 01-16-2018, 03:10 PM   #4

I never use Facebook
Only this board.
Sandiegodoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 03:13 PM   #5

I just like your Facebook pictures. The actual useful stuff goes here
Old 01-16-2018, 03:19 PM   #6

I would rather post here and push our own forum.

I guess I am kind of bias as well. There is a better mix here.
joet19711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 08:43 PM   #7

We're not on Facebook. And we feel this Dynamax forum answers all questions adequately. We appreciate you Mr. Clemens staying with this forum. You don't want to end up like one of your teenagers constantly looking at your phone. We'll leave that to the younger generation. [emoji4]
retired18whler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 11:33 AM   #8

I have no desire to share every detail of my somewhat boring life online, nor am I really that interested in other peoples day to day activities. So I don't do Facebook and never will. If something special occurs, call me and tell me about it or email a photo with details.

So, I vote for this Forum being the primary source of information.

Randy & Dee
2018 DX3 37TS
"Orange Crush"
RV Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 12:02 PM   #9

Send a message via AIM to letsgorving Send a message via MSN to letsgorving Send a message via Yahoo to letsgorving
Some owners get on fb cause they may be already there, or its easier. I've suggested to a few people to get on here and frankly its more difficult to navigate so they don't end up here. This website could use an update!!
Old 01-17-2018, 12:16 PM   #10

Difficult to navigate? I am on many different forums for vintage cars, race cars, motorcycles, etc. They all use exactly this same format.

Once you open the website you go to the MH section and click on "Dynamax", how hard is that? It has good search functions that allow you to access threads and technical discussions that go back for years.

I'm not saying they should eliminate FB completely, they were simply looking for input on what people prefer as the primary source of info. Seems like most folks, myself included, prefer this forum.

Randy & Dee
2018 DX3 37TS
"Orange Crush"
RV Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 12:34 PM   #11

Send a message via AIM to letsgorving Send a message via MSN to letsgorving Send a message via Yahoo to letsgorving
Some are finding it difficult. Sorry! And this website could use a facelift.
Old 01-17-2018, 12:47 PM   #12

I am ex IT Manager(one of many past lives)

I will never participate in Facebook or any of the "social media" (ie FB, Twitter, etc)

This forum is just right and the format is very similar to many others.
Only complaint here is the many ads that pop up which takes long time to load before one can navigate.

Old 01-18-2018, 01:25 AM   #13
Commercial Member

I agree. The format here is pretty good. If you want bad format...check out the yahoo page. I tried to help there, but its terrible.

Facebook we have as another outlet for pictures, etc. But just wanted to be clear that the FB group is not any faster in responding than the Forum group...because it is all the same person.

Old 01-18-2018, 09:37 AM   #14

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRedburn View Post
I am ex IT Manager(one of many past lives)

I will never participate in Facebook or any of the "social media" (ie FB, Twitter, etc)

This forum is just right and the format is very similar to many others.
Only complaint here is the many ads that pop up which takes long time to load before one can navigate.

Never Facebook, Twitter & all other social media. These are highly vulnerable to malware intrusion/propagation & identity theft.
Retired Law Enforcement - Southern California Chief Information Officer
Magnatudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 10:53 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatudes View Post
Never Facebook, Twitter & all other social media. These are highly vulnerable to malware intrusion/propagation & identity theft.

BINGO!!!!
Old 01-18-2018, 10:53 AM   #16

One of the groups I belong to uses ning.com which is my favorite. Their is a very small cost to it but I think well worth it.
Go UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 11:16 AM   #17
Site Team

Quote:
Facebook and other social media (including message boards like this one) are a tool. If used properly, they can be extremely helpful in passing along information and knowledge.

Sure if you're not careful there are people out there that can use them for nefarious purposes. But it's not really any more dangerous than literally walking out your front door as long as you take steps to protect yourself.
Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 11:44 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
Facebook and other social media (including message boards like this one) are a tool. If used properly, they can be extremely helpful in passing along information and knowledge.

Sure if you're not careful there are people out there that can use them for nefarious purposes. But it's not really any more dangerous than literally walking out your front door as long as you take steps to protect yourself.
"If you're not careful" and "as long as you take steps to protect yourself" is an oversimplification. The average person using these technologies typically is not IT savvy enough.
Old 01-18-2018, 12:29 PM   #19
Site Team

Quote:
"If you're not careful" and "as long as you take steps to protect yourself" is an oversimplification. The average person using these technologies typically is not IT savvy enough.
Eh...

Like I said, there's risk in everything. If you want to be completely "safe" you would never log on to any computer at all, never leave your house and never answer your phone.

I would guess the average person has a higher risk of something bad happening to them simply driving to work rather than posting on Facebook.

But to each his own I guess...
Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 01:03 PM   #20

I'm not on this forum to challenge you on IT philosophies. I never said anything about being completely safe. What I did was agree with another IT savvy member about mitigating risk by avoiding the use of Facebook, Twitter, etc. In a previous life I was exposed to hundreds of citizens that had their identity hijacked thru the innocent use of Facebook. Driving to work & experiencing an uninvited identity theft trainwreck are not analogous. Stay safe!