Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2021, 11:02 AM   #1

Dynamax Isata 5 28ss 4x4 Explorer package

Hi all,

Hope all is well with you all today?
I am new to this site but have been an irv2.com member for a long while.
We currently own a 38ft class A and looking to move to something much shorter and useable all year round.

I am very interested in the Ram 5500 and particularly the 4x4 and driver safety aids. Current coach has a 5k capacity so looking forward to having the option to tow a heavier vehicle than our current Wrangler toad.

The only thing I would like to change is the 52 gallon fuel tank which I wish was in about the 80 gallon (or bigger size), but as the rig will be more maneuverable it will easier to fuel.

Also I reckon for some of our trips we could leave a toad at home.

In the past we have purchased rigs that are over 10 years old but for this I would like to get a 3-4 year old one or else but new (depends on the cost difference).

I am hoping I will be able to purchase one in 2-3 years but starting my research now. I am thinking I need to go check one out in the flesh and see if its what we want to do.

I love the fact it only has a single slide and the whole coach is useable with it in.

Thanks,

Stephen
Going backwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 11:13 AM   #2

Checking a new one out in person now will give you an idea of price and features when you buy a used one 2-3 years down the road..... that is if you can find one on the lot right now.

Welcome to the forum!
Old 04-19-2021, 11:24 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse_snowbird View Post
Checking a new one out in person now will give you an idea of price and features when you buy a used one 2-3 years down the road..... that is if you can find one on the lot right now.

Welcome to the forum!

That's what I am thinking Reverse_snowbird. I do have a dealer about 120 miles away that stocks them, it does not even have to be the exact model or 4x4 to test drive it either. We have 2 class A's so know what works and what does not.
Old 04-19-2021, 05:36 PM   #4

I went from a 42 foot diesel pusher to a 30 FW and it is the smartest thing we’ve ever done. I wouldn’t worry about the smaller fuel tank. It does get better gas mileage. You are right it is easier to fill in the smaller gas stations. Normally by the time I’m out I gas it’s time to get out and walk around anyways.
Old 04-19-2021, 08:06 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor 37gt View Post
I went from a 42 foot diesel pusher to a 30 FW and it is the smartest thing we’ve ever done. I wouldn’t worry about the smaller fuel tank. It does get better gas mileage. You are right it is easier to fill in the smaller gas stations. Normally by the time I’m out I gas it’s time to get out and walk around anyways.
Thanks for the reply.

When I found out folks were getting 11mpg II was ok with the fuel tank size.

We are in a 2007 38ft pusher which we don't use half th he space.
Old 04-20-2021, 08:21 AM   #6

I get 9.6 towing a Jeep Grand Cherokee at 68 mph. You will love the Dynamax. I was worried about getting on my camping stuff in it. Dynamax RVs are well designed with a place for everything.
Old 04-20-2021, 09:40 AM   #7

Thanks Thor,

I would be happy with that mileage.

I say we only utilise 50% of our outside storage and 60-70% of our inside storage now.

I have watched as many video as I can get. It will.be tighter quarters than our A but we gain so much.
Old 04-20-2021, 08:11 PM   #8

I see a 2021 i5 28 for sale on RVTrader
Old 04-22-2021, 06:05 AM   #9

I spoke with a grand Rapids Mi dealer and was told it would be highly unlikely a used 4x4 Explorer would become available. He said the MSRP is 220k and 175$ would be a starting point, any other time I would say one could get 25-28% off but now its closer to 20%, the only thing is I would probably get more for selling or trading mine.

If I held tough for 4-5 :years could probably get one for 100k.

To be totally honest my 2008 Gas pusher class A is a great vehicle and very capable in the cold. We had 23f here this week and I set the furnace to 40f and it used 2% of the 440ah battery bank and a small amount of propane.

Tags
dynamax, dynamax isata 5