Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-11-2021, 04:53 PM   #1

Dynamax ISATA 5 Rear Suspension

We have a 2021 Dynamax ISATA 5 30FW 4x4 with air ride in front and I was wanting to see if anyone has done anything to their rear suspension on their motorhome?
Ours rides somewhat rough (I own a 3500 Dodge so I know the Dodge ride) but I was thinking about changing the suspension in the rear to air bags.

Thoughts???
Wyoming Husker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 05:15 PM   #2
Commercial Member

If you go to the top of the Dynamax forum and "Search this forum" you'll find several posts on the subject already.

Keywords Isata 5 Suspension
https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...on-225440.html

This was found with Keyword Kelderman
https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...et-158697.html

There are more as I recall.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 09:15 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyoming Husker View Post
We have a 2021 Dynamax ISATA 5 30FW 4x4 with air ride in front and I was wanting to see if anyone has done anything to their rear suspension on their motorhome?

Ours rides somewhat rough (I own a 3500 Dodge so I know the Dodge ride) but I was thinking about changing the suspension in the rear to air bags.

Thoughts???

I have the rear suspension. I worked with Kelderman piloting the front and rear install on my 17 I5 DS. I posted write ups.

What questions do you have?
Old 03-12-2021, 09:14 PM   #4

As soon as I pull the trigger to buy the Isata 5 I am calling Kelderman. To me getting the rear air is a must since I am going to do some boondocking and I do not want to get stuck. I want to call them because I want to know if it is worth it to get the front airs installed by Dynamax and then have them do the backs and the leveling kit done by them. Or should I have Kelderman do the whole thing.
seels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 05:24 PM   #5
AF CMSGT RET

28ss +explorer pkg in Alaska

I had a set of airbags (Airlift ) and noticed the difference right off, smoothed out the rear bounce, So between them and Michelin tires vs continentals she rides so much better on our roads here in frost heave Alaska.
pickeljr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 05:41 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by seels View Post
As soon as I pull the trigger to buy the Isata 5 I am calling Kelderman. To me getting the rear air is a must since I am going to do some boondocking and I do not want to get stuck. I want to call them because I want to know if it is worth it to get the front airs installed by Dynamax and then have them do the backs and the leveling kit done by them. Or should I have Kelderman do the whole thing.

I think the front system from the factory has manual set levers with compressor and tank. Assume this can be used for the rear system. If you want to adjust height for short duration then you will need the electronic controls with adjustable bag levelers. So it may replace a few components from the factory install.
Give Kelderman a call to discuss want you want. Rear install takes 3 days.
Old 03-16-2021, 10:06 AM   #7

I called Kelderman and they are taking installs for June right now. From all the comments and everything I can see this is the right option for the ISATA 5. Dynamax should just offer or even install the air suspension from the factory.

Thanks to all on this......... Cheers
Wyoming Husker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dynamax isata 5, suspension