Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2020, 10:40 PM   #1
Ekg

Dynamax Service Story

This post serves as a “thank you” to the good folks at Dynamax, but it might also provide an additional data point for prospective buyers who consider after-purchase support as an important part of their decision calculus. We were complete novices — neither of us had even set foot in an RV prior to ours showing up in our driveway — but the support we have received from Dynamax and this members of this forum have made it possible for us to enjoy the RV experience and move our elderly parents around the country during a pandemic.

To be clear, the dealer was... unhelpful... throughout the process. They gave us bad information, knew little about the systems, and even failed to identify or disclose that the unit had a bad air conditioner. It was the single most frustrating purchasing experience of our lives, so the fact that we love the unit and feel well taken care of shows how far Dynamax went...

We purchased the only Isata 5 28ss available in the US (all the others were pre-sold or kept by dealerships as demos) back in late June. As we were going through the process with the dealer, every question to the dealer was met with, “ask Michael Wagner at Dynamax.” Michael always picked up the phone or called us back immediately, and was more than happy to answer even the most uninformed question. Even after the sale Michael helped us tremendously, particularly regarding a problem that he had foreseen — getting the unit across the country. He told us early on that the 28ss was probably too large to ship, but the dealer assured us that they had dealt with similar RV’s before. Three weeks and three failed attempts later, it was clear that the dealer couldn’t deliver on their promise. My job prohibited flying, and we were supposed to leave to pick up my mother-in-law in a matter of days. In desperation we called Michael (again), and he fixed the problem. He put us in touch with a company who could help us, even going so far as to make the introduction with the right person. Five days later, the unit showed up safe and sound.

We then realized that the dealer had not sent the unit with all of the remotes, shades, etc. We also needed to have a 50amp line installed at the house so that we could charge the 28ss in the driveway. Mark Benner in the parts department at Dynamax got everything to us immediately, and even got on the phone with our electrician about what we needed for the line install. Again, he always picked up the phone, was willing to endure lots of email questions/pictures, and went out of his way to help us. He continues to do so.

Finally, the rear ac unit had a faulty compressor. This was problematic, as most of our planned travel involved states like Alabama, South Dakota, and the Carolinas... hot places in July and August. Ordinarily that would be a straight forward warranty replacement, but COVID meant that Coleman had no units in stock. Colleen Adams took amazing care of us. She helped us locate a unit, double-checked compatibility, prevented us from making at least a dozen mistakes, and even created space in the schedule to have it installed. At every step she kept us informed, kept the project on track, and made us feel welcome.

We picked up the only remaining unit still available on the east coast and showed up at Dynamax the next day. After a very pleasant evening at “Camp Dynamax” we awoke to find the plant already hard at work. We stepped outside and met Greg and Kyle Tinsman. These guys were unbelievable. They installed the new ac, re-wired the parking brake, fixed a baker’s dozen of small issues, and even spent an hour with us walking through how all of the systems were designed to function together. There is absolutely no way that we would have learned half of what they explained, and we read every manual front to back! Perhaps most importantly, they explained what NOT to do when driving the vehicle or using the systems. As newcomers to RVing, the value of that cannot be overstated.

As we were packing up, Colleen came out again... just to check in. It’s also worth mentioning that we had many other systems questions/concerns over these first months that Colleen fielded patiently and with good humor... despite the fact that we were almost comically incorrect in many cases! She has always been willing to track down the answer, no matter how arcane the question. There aren’t too many companies/managers left who do things like that.

Finally, members in this forum have been incredible about sharing their knowledge. Every personal message was answered with the most helpful, complete explanation imaginable. Folks took their time to respond to posts they’ve probably seen versions of at least a dozen times, and did so patiently and without snark — unusual in these times of anonymous posting and online egos. And of course, Brian Clemens has been an ever-present source of knowledge and advice.

If anyone out there wonders what it is like to purchase a Dynamax (and made it to the end of this post), my family has had nothing but excellent experiences with the company and the community. Did things break/leak/come apart? Yes, and they continue to do so. But after putting more than 11,000 miles on the coach in under four months, it remains the best purchase we have ever made. Not just because of the hardware (although it is amazing), but also because of the generous, experienced, amazing people who are part of the Dynamax community.

Safe travels.
Ekg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 06:34 AM   #2

The name and location of the dealer would be a big help in avoiding the fellow.
FFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 06:56 AM   #3

Ekg, I echo your sentiments about the staff and service at Dynamax. Without Greg and his staff, Colleen and a couple of others that are no longer there and Brian Clemens, my experience would have been entirely different. If I could only tell you the details of some of the conversations I have with Brian...He should have FIRED me as a customer a long time ago. Instead, he patiently and considerately answered questions and solved my concerns. I think they should name him the Supreme Leader of the RV First Order.
“Breathe in, Breathe out, Move on”
MoJoe1003 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 07:46 AM   #4

Awesome story...thanks for taking the time to share it!
Old 10-16-2020, 07:51 AM   #5
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Awesome testimony.

Hopefully other FR divisions get on board.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 08:02 AM   #6
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoJoe1003 View Post
Ekg, I echo your sentiments about the staff and service at Dynamax. Without Greg and his staff, Colleen and a couple of others that are no longer there and Brian Clemens, my experience would have been entirely different. If I could only tell you the details of some of the conversations I have with Brian...He should have FIRED me as a customer a long time ago. Instead, he patiently and considerately answered questions and solved my concerns. I think they should name him the Supreme Leader of the RV First Order.
Supreme Leader Snoke was highly disfigured...are you trying to tell me something?

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 08:04 AM   #7
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
Awesome testimony.

Hopefully other FR divisions get on board.
The winds of change are blowing.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 08:19 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Supreme Leader Snoke was highly disfigured...are you trying to tell me something?

Upon further reflection; RV Jedi Master might be more appropriate! Then you could take your considerable talents to fight and improve the rest of the RV Evil Empire.
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU! (As well as the Isata 3, Isata 5, DX3 and XL)
“Breathe in, Breathe out, Move on”
MoJoe1003 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 04:20 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFred View Post
The name and location of the dealer would be a big help in avoiding the fellow.
x2
JC70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 07:28 PM   #10

Dynamax Service Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC70 View Post
x2

X6. Wonderful outfit! Top to bottom
2014 Explorer & 2006 Jeep Unlimited
Oldnapapartsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 07:25 AM   #11

I also vote for Brian's new title.
TowPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 07:34 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoJoe1003 View Post
Upon further reflection; RV Jedi Master might be more appropriate! Then you could take your considerable talents to fight and improve the rest of the RV Evil Empire.
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU! (As well as the Isata 3, Isata 5, DX3 and XL)
And us few Isata 4 dedicated owners!
2014 Explorer & 2006 Jeep Unlimited
Oldnapapartsguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service