Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-07-2017, 02:30 PM   #1

Dynamax Wine Cabinet

It's great to be retired with little to do but think of things to improve the motorhome.

By the way a retired guy only needs three things....
a good dog
a good truck and
a working wife

Anyway made some improvements to the cabinet across from the fridge. The fridge that had the doors opening the wrong way. I fixed that last week.

When you have tall cabinets the top is usually wasted space. Now if I could find tall 5 gallon wine bottles well then maybe a shelf would not be needed. Even with a tall bottle of Gray Goose there is still wasted space.

I bought those small shelf rails with holes. They are easy to cut with a hack saw and then shelf you add is adjustable. Bought a bag of shelf clips and screws at the same time.

I bought some cabinet grade Chinese plywood at Lowes. The quality is not there anymore the glued boards tend to flake off now. Didn't matter for this project both shelves get covered with grippy shelf liner.

The new cabinet will hold 10 bottles for transport. Lasts the wife about 5 days.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Wine Cabinet 1.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	297.9 KB
ID:	157786   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wine Cabinet 2.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	272.9 KB
ID:	157787   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wine Cabinet 3.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	349.3 KB
ID:	157788  
Old 12-07-2017, 02:43 PM   #2

Very nice
Old 12-07-2017, 03:22 PM   #3

Nice, now another project on our list,Thanks for the pictures
CSWVK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 04:08 PM   #4

I don’t have the storage like that in my Isata 3, but the cabinet under the bed works great for transporting wine, an essential ingredient of any great trip. You never know what quality of wine is going to be within reach of camping areas.
milkman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 08:16 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonstroker View Post
It's great to be retired with little to do but think of things to improve the motorhome.

By the way a retired guy only needs three things....

a good dog

a good truck and

a working wife

Anyway made some improvements to the cabinet across from the fridge. The fridge that had the doors opening the wrong way. I fixed that last week.

When you have tall cabinets the top is usually wasted space. Now if I could find tall 5 gallon wine bottles well then maybe a shelf would not be needed. Even with a tall bottle of Gray Goose there is still wasted space.

I bought those small shelf rails with holes. They are easy to cut with a hack saw and then shelf you add is adjustable. Bought a bag of shelf clips and screws at the same time.

I bought some cabinet grade Chinese plywood at Lowes. The quality is not there anymore the glued boards tend to flake off now. Didn't matter for this project both shelves get covered with grippy shelf liner.

The new cabinet will hold 10 bottles for transport. Lasts the wife about 5 days.

I vote this the best improvement of 2017.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote