Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2018, 11:18 PM   #1

Dynamax XL Hood Shake/Vibration repaired

Well folks, as I stated before Freightliner/Dynamax/Dealer Pro's are very lacking in their knowledge and especially common sense...

Pulled the hood up on the XL today and inspected how the hood was sitting in the hood latch brackets when it is in the closed position, found that on the passenger side was sitting about 3/8" off the bracket even with the Hood Latch secure could move the hood easily by hand up and down over a 1/2"....

Loosened the hood latch brackets, raised them to their highest position, and then re-secured just enough so they could move under pressure/weight....

Closed the hood lightly and then secured the hood latches, everything looked good...

Opened the hood and secured the Hood Latch Brackets torquing them tight...

Both brackets were repositioned 1/4" upward compared to original position...

Latched hood up, test drove, no vibration/shaking in the hood...

That folks is "Attention to Detail"....

It is a very sad day for the United States when our Mechanics/Tradesman are so weak they can't repair a hood shake...and don't have time to address a simple issue...

Whats even sadder? When I picked the unit up from the Dealer I noticed the hood was vibrating ALL over and not just in one spot as it had before...

Lone Star Freightliner had actually already attempted to adjust it, trying to get the shake out of it at Lonestar Freightliner Repair Center in Tyler, TX...lol...I could actually see where they had repositioned the brackets trying to stop the shake...but it wasn't even touching the hood latch bracket on the passenger side and drivers side was lacking any tension....and thats why I don't trust warranty work or dealer work, they suk period, HUGE prices and amateur workmanship...and they didn't even report they worked on it either...

I also have a set of Polyurethane Latches coming to further secure the hood and that should eliminate any future issues as well...
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 08:10 AM   #2

After your adjustment did the reveal stay the same? Sometimes dealers can't fix a problem because it creates another like changing the reveal. Good you fixed it to your satisfaction.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 08:20 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
After your adjustment did the reveal stay the same? Sometimes dealers can't fix a problem because it creates another like changing the reveal. Good you fixed it to your satisfaction.
Looks like it is suppose to from the factory...poor QAQC and lack of mechanical knowledge on these units is our worst nightmare...

Typical Dealer and Freightliner response: "We cannot find any problem or fault"...lol...mainly due to lack of working knowledge and/or give a ***** and unprofessionalism and cluelessness...sad state of affairs these days for sure...
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
repair