Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2020, 11:40 PM   #1

Dynaquest Bays Unlocking

Hi Everyone,
Just returned from a few weeks on the road and found that our electric bay locks are not unlocking. They lock just fine with the key fob but do sound a little odd. Previously, they would simply make a lock or unlock noise. Now when locking, it sounds like the actuators are staying on longer. And... Both the relays next to the system are clicking (I assumed one was for locking and one for unlocking).

When we try to unlock the bays, both relays make a clicking noise but the bays do not unlock.

I thought the relays may be bad but wouldn’t they not function at all.

Thanks in advance for your insight and thoughts.

Ed
EdandShelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 08:06 AM   #2

If the locks work fine with the key but click when using a fob I would look at the electrical connections for loose or corroded connections provided your house batteries are up to par.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 09:53 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
If the locks work fine with the key but click when using a fob I would look at the electrical connections for loose or corroded connections provided your house batteries are up to par.
Thanks.
They lock fine with the fob remote and key. Just wont unlock with the remote fob.
Old 05-23-2020, 10:11 PM   #4

I had an intermittent problem with storage bay door locks on our 2018 XL. Sometimes they would lock but not unlock. Sometimes they would unlock but not lock. Other times they would do neither. I finally discovered the positive and negative stud bolts were never tightened properly. Once I tightened them I have not had an issue in over a year. My connection is on the back wall of the electronics bay.
“Breathe in, Breathe out, Move on”
MoJoe1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 10:27 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoJoe1003 View Post
I had an intermittent problem with storage bay door locks on our 2018 XL. Sometimes they would lock but not unlock. Sometimes they would unlock but not lock. Other times they would do neither. I finally discovered the positive and negative stud bolts were never tightened properly. Once I tightened them I have not had an issue in over a year. My connection is on the back wall of the electronics bay.
Thank you. Will look at them.
Old 05-24-2020, 11:47 AM   #6

Found the cause of our bays not unlocking.

Was checking the power connectors on the rear electric bay wall... all secure. Then the locks started working. Indicates a loose connector somewhere.
Next, traced the wire harness from the locking system to the RV wire harness and found a very loose connection in the unlock power wire. Pulled out of the connector very easily.

Will remove the pin, reattach the wire and reinstall the pin.

Wouldn’t have found this without the advice to look at the power connectors in the electric bay. Thank you!

Old 05-24-2020, 07:57 PM   #7

Glad it worked out. This forum has been invaluable to me. Many issues solved thanks to the experienced contributors.
“Breathe in, Breathe out, Move on”
MoJoe1003 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lock