Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2017, 01:38 PM   #1

Electronics on my new Isata 5.

When I picked up my Isata 5 on Wednesday the person going on through all of the features knew next to nothing about the electronics on this unit. There are a couple of panels that I'm not clear as to all of the functions. I've read the literature and either I missed a lot when I read it or the questions I had we not answered. Are there any U-tube videos on their operation?
BMW Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 12:07 PM   #2

Ditto.. when I picked up our isata 4.
I've pretty much got it all figured.
Which panels do you need help with?
Old 03-31-2017, 04:10 PM   #3

Kenny

Sorry for the delay in this posting but I have been busy trying to make sure everything works. The Xanbus system control panel is the one that has me scratching my head a bit. The installation manual is included on the USB drive and I downloaded the users manual form internet. There are selections on the menu that are either confusing or I can't find the exact function of. The first says AC Charge - this is not the LED light on the control panel but a function that you can enable and disable. The second is system mode - this one is selectable between operating and standby. The third is Cascading. From what I can read this is enabled when there are two inverters. I don't think I have two but I could be wrong. It is set at enabled. Lastly the Invert selection, I assume is on when I want to run the refrigerator from the batteries and off otherwise? Is this correct.

I'm getting there but still a long way to go!

Brian, feel free to comment.

Thanks for all of your advice and assistance.
BMW Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 05:02 PM   #4
Commercial Member

The "cascading" I think was for the DX3. I don't think the 5 series is shedding loads, but I will confirm with engineering on Monday...although I am off to Spring Break,so I can't confirm which Monday.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote