Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-06-2021, 03:57 PM   #1

eM2

Just read about Freightliners electric version of the M2 106. I didn't even realize these existed yet. They claim 300HP and 230 mile range on a charge, can re-charge to 80% in 2 hours, etc.

Not saying this is a likely candidate for a MH chassis unless you put a pretty small house on it and just use it regionally. But it may be more attractive when diesel fuel is $10 a gallon.

Randy & Dee
2018 DX3 37TS
"Orange Crush"
RV Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 06:41 AM   #2

I dunno. The prospect of completely free fuel from campground stays is an intriguing one. I've been saying that a toad is the perfect electric vehicle use case for this exact reason.

Range is onbuoisly a limit bit honestly it fits my current travel pace and I know serval others it would also. Some pretty intriguing synergies for shared use of what is sure to be a massive battery bank when parked for boondocking. Throw in the genset to extend range a bit...

All in all my interest is peaked. More useful than a hybrid wrangler thats for sure.
Old 01-08-2021, 02:28 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOURWHL View Post
I dunno. The prospect of completely free fuel from campground stays is an intriguing one. I've been saying that a toad is the perfect electric vehicle use case for this exact reason.

Range is onbuoisly a limit bit honestly it fits my current travel pace and I know serval others it would also. Some pretty intriguing synergies for shared use of what is sure to be a massive battery bank when parked for boondocking. Throw in the genset to extend range a bit...

All in all my interest is peaked. More useful than a hybrid wrangler thats for sure.
It will be interesting for sure. Makes you wonder if they will stay with stuff like residential fridges operating off of that big battery pack or go back to propane to save electricity. They'll have to find space for an auxiliary fuel tank in order to run the generator.

Randy & Dee
2018 DX3 37TS
"Orange Crush"
RV Randy is offline   Reply With Quote