Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-27-2017, 04:07 PM   #1

Emergency dewinterization

Brian,

I know you are being slammed with questions and issues but I need your thoughts on my issue. Anyone else is welcome to contribute.

The soil line in my house is blocked up. Plumber says the clay trap that is before the city sewer main line is falling apart.

So we have very limited use of the facilities here.

I am thinking of using my REV for washing and bathroom. That means I have to dewinterize. I like to wait until the end of April to be fairly safe.

I can run the heater off of shore power if the temps get near freezing. Forecast for this week is maybe one night into the low 30's. I never trust the forecast.

I want to use the bathroom sink, shower and toilet plus the kitchen sink. That also involves the Truma hot water heater.

Going south is out due to employment.

Thoughts, suggestions and warnings are appreciated.

Thanks,

Bobby

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 04:13 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to letsgorving Send a message via MSN to letsgorving Send a message via Yahoo to letsgorving
So when we bought our 1st TT, the very experienced guy teaching us said you don't have to worry unless the temps are below freezing 3 days in a row all day, other wise you're fine. I'm curious to hear thoughts on that.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:14 PM   #3
Ret E-9 Anchor-clanker

Most RVs have water lines under or along the floor (enclosed) or behind cabinets, Ceramic heaters (Electrical types) add comfort to the living areas but do not provide protection to all storage areas. I would set the furnace at 55-60 degrees, open indoor doors. cabinets, to ensure all areas are heated. At 30 degrees your 30lb propane tank should last 3-7 days easy, Additionally, ensure your tank heaters are on if your putting water in/through any tanks.
donanddona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 04:26 PM   #4

X2. 55 inside should be fine and leave the cabinet doors open when it gets cold. It has to get really cold (less than 30 or so) for a while to be a problem. If you have AcrticPac heaters, turn them on. Can't tell from the brochure or photos, but if you have a sewage bay, you might want to put a light bulb with a 100 watt light in it just to be sure.

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 04:27 PM   #5
Commercial Member

Combi has winter protection...the weak link would be the fresh water lines...you can put anti freeze in the black and gray tanks and it takes A LOT of energy to freeze 20+ gallons of water. Agree that it would need to be cold for an extended period be an issue. If it is warm during the day (above freezing), dropping at night you should be fine. Keep cabinet doors open so that heat gets into those cavities if its real cold.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 05:47 PM   #6

Thanks for all of the replies. Insurance company agreeded to excavate and replace trap and affected pipes. Work begins tomorrow morning and is expected to be completed by end of day. Pipe is about 15 feet below surface.

Old 04-05-2017, 11:05 PM   #7

I am posting this photo for entertainment purposes. He found my soil pipe.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	soil pipe hole.JPG
Views:	79
Size:	136.2 KB
ID:	133949  

Tags
winter