Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2019, 03:29 PM   #21
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD10 View Post
That is how I read it as well...

Dealer is making the delivery.
Well... the OP did say "delivery from Dynamax."
Sounds like factory to me, not dealer.

But, we can guess all we want.

Until the OP comes back and tell us the ENTIRE story, we will simply keep giving guesstimations.

I'm surprised though if it was coming from the factory that Brian hasn't chimed in. He'd likely know about a return for repairs.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
Old 04-01-2019, 07:39 AM   #22
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannko View Post
Hello,

My coach was supposed to arrive at 6pm so I could inspect it upon delivery from Dynamax.

The driver now said 10pm, which of course how can I inspect it in the dark. Plus he said I will get the company contact when he gets here, but of course they will be closed.

I don't like being put in these positions. If I sign and find a problem in daylight will I have recourse?

I plan on making note that it was returned in darkness.

Any tips? Anyone encounter this?????

Sorry he will be here soon.
What was the outcome dannko?

Old 04-01-2019, 08:12 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
You said " I plan on making note that it was returned in darkness."

Is this a unit that you own that was returned to the factory for repair?

Yes, your a mod, I tried deleting the post since it already went down but could not. Can we delete posts?
Old 04-01-2019, 08:15 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
Well......

If dannko (the OP) comes back on here, and reads our inputs, he might be able to update us with what’s really happening instead of us speculating all over the spectrum.

Smart man, deleted post I thought, it was in for service. It was damaged, Dynamax is taking care of it. My first driver was so professional, the return driver was a tool.
Old 04-01-2019, 09:11 AM   #25
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Smart man, deleted post I thought, it was in for service. It was damaged, Dynamax is taking care of it. My first driver was so professional, the return driver was a tool.
So... I'll ask again... what was the outcome?
Everything OK?

Old 04-01-2019, 09:43 AM   #26

Totally confused. I'm out.
Old 04-01-2019, 09:47 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
So... I'll ask again... what was the outcome?
Everything OK?
Unit was damaged, Dynamax is taking care of it. I tried to delete post the other night but not possible apparently to delete posts.

The pickup driver was very professional and you could tell a trustworthy guy, the return driver was a total piece of work and he damaged it and was trying to pull a fast one by delivering at night instead of daylight. He was lying to me all day during communications.
Old 04-01-2019, 10:25 AM   #28
Site Team

Quote:
Unit was damaged, Dynamax is taking care of it. I tried to delete post the other night but not possible apparently to delete posts.

The pickup driver was very professional and you could tell a trustworthy guy, the return driver was a total piece of work and he damaged it and was trying to pull a fast one by delivering at night instead of daylight. He was lying to me all day during communications.
Which post where you trying to delete? The first post? You only have a limited amount of time to delete posts and since this was a new thread and has multiple replies, it wouldn't make sense to delete it now.

I'm guessing the rest of the story is here?
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...nt-181729.html
Old 04-01-2019, 10:40 AM   #29
Kanadian Kamper

Overreacting?

You know....

The OP started this whole run by using the title “Emergency help....”

Maybe he should have been more careful NOT to use the word Emergency, however, I’m sure emotions were probably running high. That said, a number of replies and suggestions started pouring in within minutes of the posting. Within minutes.

Given this forum is not “LIVE” communication like some consider today’s “Social Media” on Facebook, Twitter, Snap Chat or whatever, he chose to not monitor the forum for our input, and for quite some time I might add.

Now we discuss being able to remove postings that maybe shouldn’t have been made to begin with.

Time to slow down and take a breath people. We’re just trying to help, but we can only help those that help themselves.

Just my $0.02

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
Old 04-01-2019, 12:38 PM   #30

I'm also curious to know what "damage" occurred and was allegedly trying to be hidden? Frankly, just delivering the unit dirty because it was driven on sloppy roads doesn't qualify. Nor IMHO does the underside supposedly rusting qualify. I lived in that part of the country where they salt roads and it usually doesn't cause any issues that quick. Plus, its only surface rust and it doesn't mean its going to damage anything. I understand folks are very meticulous about how they maintain their rigs but c'mon, this is just from normal driving.

Randy & Dee
2018 DX3 37TS
"Orange Crush"
Old 04-01-2019, 01:10 PM   #31
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

This is what my 5'ver looked like on the bottom less than four months from it's build date:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ProwlerFreshDrain-P1000181.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	803.3 KB
ID:	200433  
Old 04-01-2019, 05:10 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD10 View Post
This is what my 5'ver looked like on the bottom less than four months from it's build date:
Some states started to wise up on the use of salt on winter roads. Limited in usefulness when temps went really low but it takes a terrible toll on the rear in bridge decks and slabs where the road is paved with concrete

A lot of states have gone to liquid de-icer chemicals that have rust inhibitors added.

If your undercarriage rust us a big deal to you get underneath and wire brush off as much as possible. Then apply Naval Jelly,, following instructions for set time and rinsing

When dry just spraw with Rust-Oleum.

If you do tow your trailer during winter months where the roads might be salted just give the undercarriage a good rinse when you get home.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
Old 04-01-2019, 11:03 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
You know....

The OP started this whole run by using the title “Emergency help....”

Maybe he should have been more careful NOT to use the word Emergency, however, I’m sure emotions were probably running high. That said, a number of replies and suggestions started pouring in within minutes of the posting. Within minutes.

Given this forum is not “LIVE” communication like some consider today’s “Social Media” on Facebook, Twitter, Snap Chat or whatever, he chose to not monitor the forum for our input, and for quite some time I might add.

Now we discuss being able to remove postings that maybe shouldn’t have been made to begin with.

Time to slow down and take a breath people. We’re just trying to help, but we can only help those that help themselves.

Just my $0.02
Emergency meant the driver was showing up soon. There was one reply after the driver showed up, too late then for more replies, and I tried to delete but could not and cannot. It's just posts, sometimes we need quick help, if we get it great, if we don't, oh well. Don't expect anyone to get worked up over posts, and again it's just posts. Thanks.
Old 04-01-2019, 11:12 PM   #34

Send a message via AIM to B and B
So what was wrong ? Would be nice to close out the thread many tried to assist with.
Old 04-01-2019, 11:19 PM   #35

RV Randy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Randy View Post
I'm also curious to know what "damage" occurred and was allegedly trying to be hidden? Frankly, just delivering the unit dirty because it was driven on sloppy roads doesn't qualify. Nor IMHO does the underside supposedly rusting qualify. I lived in that part of the country where they salt roads and it usually doesn't cause any issues that quick. Plus, its only surface rust and it doesn't mean its going to damage anything. I understand folks are very meticulous about how they maintain their rigs but c'mon, this is just from normal driving.
Ok RV Randy the post asked about checking and receiving the unit in the dark. Next RV Randy, would you call this damage or do you think this dirt is ok?

Here are some pics for you RV Randy, now maybe you regularly beat the hell out of yours since your not meticulous, or 3" bend in compartment doors is just dirty and normal. If you need more pics let me know, thanks. Sorry about the pics, they downloaded level, not sure what's up with this site.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6887.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	363.9 KB
ID:	200493   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6890.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	454.2 KB
ID:	200495   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6891.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	359.5 KB
ID:	200496   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6894.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	282.1 KB
ID:	200497   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6896.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	476.7 KB
ID:	200498  

Old 04-01-2019, 11:27 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
Some states started to wise up on the use of salt on winter roads. Limited in usefulness when temps went really low but it takes a terrible toll on the rear in bridge decks and slabs where the road is paved with concrete

A lot of states have gone to liquid de-icer chemicals that have rust inhibitors added.

If your undercarriage rust us a big deal to you get underneath and wire brush off as much as possible. Then apply Naval Jelly,, following instructions for set time and rinsing

When dry just spraw with Rust-Oleum.

If you do tow your trailer during winter months where the roads might be salted just give the undercarriage a good rinse when you get home.
Thanks, never drive in that, live in Texas. WE don't have that stuff here. Wire brush? Nah, that would take years and it's in some pretty tight spots. I have to spray.
Old 04-01-2019, 11:33 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by formerFR View Post
are you referring to inspecting this YOURSELF at your home, or are you referring to just being there at the dealership when it arrives?
This was being delivered from service work.
Old 04-01-2019, 11:35 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
No reply from the OP yet. Truly...this is kind of a confusing situation.
yes I was looking for a quick reply since it was delivered couple of hours after the post, thus the reason I attempted to delete it, but that function is NOT available to me. Thanks
Old 04-02-2019, 04:37 PM   #39

Quote:
Ok RV Randy the post asked about checking and receiving the unit in the dark. Next RV Randy, would you call this damage or do you think this dirt is ok?

Here are some pics for you RV Randy, now maybe you regularly beat the hell out of yours since your not meticulous, or 3" bend in compartment doors is just dirty and normal. If you need more pics let me know, thanks. Sorry about the pics, they downloaded level, not sure what's up with this site.
Ah, excuse me, but these are the first indications that you suffered any real damage. Up until you posted these photo's, you had only mentioned it being dirty and suffering from road salt exposure. Others were also asking for closure on the thread, so don't come back with an attitude towards me.

This is legitimate damage and you have every right to be upset over it. The driver must have been pretty dim if he thought delivering it at night was going to save him from being blamed for these issues. Hope you get it all sorted out satisfactorily.

Randy & Dee
2018 DX3 37TS
"Orange Crush"
Old 04-02-2019, 07:02 PM   #40

I recently had a transport driver return my Force HD from Dynamax too. It was in for warranty repairs. It was at night. I inspected it in a well lit parking area at a truck stop. No damage. However...the next day I noticed the driver's side outside dually looked low on air. It wasn't low on air, it was just baring all the weight because the inside dually had no air. None! Apparently it had been driven all the way from Indiana to Pennsylvania that way because when I tried to inflate it, it got to 70lbs and blew.
No matter how hard we try, there's always something we miss or something we never even thought of checking that was wrong. I chalked this one up to $500 worth of experience and will know better next time. I had already signed for it and wasn't going to get into a back and forth over it. I'm glad I had a spare I could "throw" on. Oh and a torque increaser and 1" drive socket, ratchet, extension and torque wrench.
Closed Thread

Tags
sport