Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2021, 06:56 PM   #1

Empty Weight, 2021 Isata 5, 34DS

For license plates, Colorado requires "empty weight". On the Dynamax site, I see the following for the 34DS. I'm looking for the *UVW and I don't see it.

SPECIFICATIONS
Wheelbase:265"GVWR:19500 lb.GCWR:37500 lb.GAWR Rear:13500 lb.GAWR Front:7250 lb.Fuel Capacity:52 gal.Exterior Length:35' 11"Exterior Height:12' 4"Exterior Width:96"Fresh Water:78.00 gal.Gray Water:45.00 gal.Black Water:45.00 gal.Awning Size:16'

Specifications Definitions
GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating) – is the maximum permissible weight of the unit when fully loaded. It includes all weights, inclusive of all fluids, cargo, optional equipment and accessories. For safety and product performance do NOT exceed the GVWR.

GCWR (Gross Combined Weight Rating) - Is the maximum permissible loaded weight of your motor home and any towed trailer or towed vehicle. Actual GCWR of this vehicle may be limited by the sum of the GVWR and the installed hitch receiver maximum capacity rating; see hitch rating label for detail.

GAWR (Gross Axle Weight Rating) - is the maximum permissible weight, including cargo, fl uids, optional equipment and accessories that can be safely supported by each axle.

UVW (Unloaded Vehicle Weight)* - is the typical weight of the unit as manufactured at the factory. It includes all weight at the unit’s axle(s), including full fuel, all fl uids and LP Gas. The UVW does not include cargo, fresh potable water, additional optional equipment or dealer installed accessories.
*Estimated Average based on standard build optional equipment.
Old 03-17-2021, 07:01 PM   #2

Have you looked on the driver door jamb for a label posting the UVW as weighed by the factory after your motorhome was built? Sunseeker did that for my motorhome.

Dynamax is not very good about posting UVW or CCC on their web sites.
Old 03-17-2021, 07:33 PM   #3
Commercial Member

"Actually" if you just go down to the brochure it is listed there.

https://dynamaxcorp.com/class-c-motorhomes/isata-5

But they may be looking for "actual" UVW instead of approximate and that will be listed on the yellow sticker, either on the Driver door jamb or the entry door jamb on the house door.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 07:41 PM   #4

Thank you both. It is in the door jam. 17,814 is the dry weight.
Old 03-17-2021, 07:53 PM   #5

I needed the same thing for Texas and they required me to take it to a Certified Scale and bring them the scale ticket. They would not take my word for it.
Old 03-17-2021, 08:14 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
"Actually" if you just go down to the brochure it is listed there.

https://dynamaxcorp.com/class-c-motorhomes/isata-5

But they may be looking for "actual" UVW instead of approximate and that will be listed on the yellow sticker, either on the Driver door jamb or the entry door jamb on the house door.

Maybe someday UVW (and CCC) can be put in the Dynamax web site specifications where many people probably look for it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2021-03-17 Isata 5 Dynamax - Manufacturer of Luxury Class C Super C Motorhomes.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	219.6 KB
ID:	249968  
Old 03-17-2021, 08:15 PM   #7
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindBars View Post
Maybe someday UVW (and CCC) can be put in the Dynamax web site specifications where many people probably look for it.
If not, I am sure you will be there to remind people how bad we are at it.

(Though UVW is in the brochure). Eventually I may tell the web guys to add it to the site, since we give them the info....but I think I'mma let it simmer for a bit
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	60
Size:	211.6 KB
ID:	249969  

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 12:54 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lvnthedream View Post
Thank you both. It is in the door jam. 17,814 is the dry weight.
When we registered ours in Colorado, they would NOT accept a picture of the door jamb sticker NOR would they accept me actually bringing the rig to the DMV so they could visually inspect the sticker. I had to go to a certified scale (in Colorado) and bring them the weight slip.
Old 03-19-2021, 08:13 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLT4SPD View Post
When we registered ours in Colorado, they would NOT accept a picture of the door jamb sticker NOR would they accept me actually bringing the rig to the DMV so they could visually inspect the sticker. I had to go to a certified scale (in Colorado) and bring them the weight slip.
Thanks Ben. I'm probably going to run into the same issue. I've dropped off all my paperwork, we'll see what happens.
Old 03-19-2021, 09:03 AM   #10

It's funny that as crazy and difficult as NY can be for most things, I was able to just write down any number I wanted for unladen weight on the registration application. They require no proof or anything. I didn't have the info so I guessed low and wrote 17,000.

I've also seen the NY DMV manage to have the wrong VIN for a trailer in their computer even though it was correct on the NY title I had in hand from purchasing it used.
Phreak480 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weight