Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2021, 03:23 PM   #1

End of the road for my REV?

Since moving to Kent Island Maryland last month I have not been using the REV much for a variety of reasons.

Smaller parking lots in the shopping centers of this island make it a hassle to use it for shopping trips. If I take up my usual two to four spaces that ruins parking for others.

I could drive a half hour to other towns but that is usually to give the REV some exercise; not a necessity for shopping.

I am no longer able give the REV the regular care it has received since I bought it.

So I am thinking of placing it on the used RV market; reluctantly. I don’t know that I would replace it in the near future. I am not traveling much, don’t go camping and it not considered a daily driver anymore.

My wife wants to look at the smaller vans which makes sense for our current situation.

It will be disheartening to leave the Dynamax family but that seems to be our direction.

The Europa is at the top of my list if we were touring more.

This island life has me thinking about a small boat. Big enough to have a head and human comforts for year round use. Something like the REV or an Isata that floats. [emoji41]

Be Well,

Bobby

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 07:08 PM   #2
Commercial Member

I wish I could build a B...lots of functionality there. I know the GM of the Coachmen Galleria, they do a good job.

If I had the capacity, I would 100% build one. We also talked about a B-size sprinter on a cab chassis.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 08:01 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I wish I could build a B...lots of functionality there. I know the GM of the Coachmen Galleria, they do a good job.

If I had the capacity, I would 100% build one. We also talked about a B-size sprinter on a cab chassis.
Now you have me curious about the Galleria.

This evening my wife said I should get a golf cart and strap a toilet and tent on the back. For use in our neighborhood. A large ungated community with only one way in by land.
Old 01-15-2022, 02:00 PM   #4

Well a few months later and it is still parked in my driveway. I claim the thought of separation anxiety caused me to have a 30 amp RV line installed. Local RV and marine dealer did some of the maintenance. Lots of RVs on this island but a lot more boats.

I don’t use it daily like was my habit but still enjoy driving it occasionally. Now to get it washed.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Old 01-15-2022, 03:17 PM   #5

bobby, we sold our RV also because of lack of use. We bought a 75HP 16' V bow boat. We use the boat every weekend. We were lucky to use the RV 2x per year. You might need a little bigger than 16' on your water, but we been loving it. Now if I want to get away for a week we jump on a cruse ship which cost less per night than commercial East Coast campground rental (let alone RV payments). (well we did get in one cruse between Covid spikes, but this spike will be shorter lived I think).
Cruse ship terminal is right up in Baltimore.
TowPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 04:21 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowPro View Post
bobby, we sold our RV also because of lack of use. We bought a 75HP 16' V bow boat. We use the boat every weekend. We were lucky to use the RV 2x per year. You might need a little bigger than 16' on your water, but we been loving it. Now if I want to get away for a week we jump on a cruse ship which cost less per night than commercial East Coast campground rental (let alone RV payments). (well we did get in one cruse between Covid spikes, but this spike will be shorter lived I think).
Cruse ship terminal is right up in Baltimore.
Ha ha, several of our neighbors want us to take their boats. Just about everyone has at least one boat here. My wife wants one.

We have only been here since September. Lots of small craft warnings and at least one gale a week. And the floods and snow they don’t have here followed us from PA. 😐

I suspect we may get a boat but my taste in boats is well beyond my means. Last week my wife insisted we get another truck that we don’t need. She may have an agenda. A Dodge with an electric assist for boat ramps. I just realized what happened. 🙂
Old 01-15-2022, 06:25 PM   #7

“I just realized what happened. ��”

�� oh brother, I know that feeling.
Robbie D. Camper is offline   Reply With Quote