Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-05-2018, 07:09 PM   #1

Entry door gas shock

Can someone give me the oe part number or other if you have found a sturdier replacement .
I have a 2016 Hd Force.
Thanks
Gas-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 08:59 AM   #2
Home is where we park it

Last year the plastic end on my original strut broke when wind caught the door. I replaced it with one with metal ends from Liftsupportsdepot.com. The one for my 2016 Force is # SX200P15S10. I had ordered a spare, which ended up on a Dynamax Series 5 and worked fine, but you may want to double check with them for your application. I think that their phone number is 760-744-2596. They were great to work with.

Mark and Deb
markdebzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 02:43 PM   #3

thank you.
wind got me too.
This will be my 4th. All plastic ends so far.
Old 08-06-2018, 03:04 PM   #4
Commercial Member

careful what you wish for. Too strong of a strut and it will actually hold on. Then its the door that gets damaged when the rod twists out.

Consider the strut a cheap sacrificial lamb that doesn't require a new paint job when it breaks.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 06:47 PM   #5

Point taken.
Thanks.
Old 08-25-2018, 10:10 PM   #6

When we got our 2014 DX3 in 2016, the part of the strut that attaches to the floor was loose. I remounted it but didn't like it so we took the gas strut off completely & we love that. I added 2 stiff foam rubber blocks on the Carefree awning where the door makes contact when the awning is retracted and when it's out. I added a SS hook to the outside wall w/ double stick tape & use an elastic cord to keep the door open. This works much better for us than the gas strut.
Silver Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, gas