Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-23-2021, 01:01 PM   #61

Personally, almost all of those color/fabric choices look good to me...if anything, the dinette is too dark. Hopeful that these updated interiors will find their way into the other models as well.

Quick question - I know the general consensus is the more window/light the better, but have you ever considered using the same shorter window over the dinette that's used over the sofa and extending the cabinets over the dinette as well for additional storage?
Old 02-23-2021, 01:09 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Any opinions on the contrasting Dinette? My sofa at home is fabric and I know that some people are very "leery" of RV leather/vinyl for the flaking history of the past. So I figured we would try a "Fortress Fabric" (easy to clean, moisture resistant, breathable) on the sofa, but still keep an easy to clean dinette.

I also know that my sofa, does not look exactly like my dining room table. So we wanted to make it a little more residential.

Also, the backsplash in the kitchen is just laying there to see if we like it. Thoughts?

(PS, the sofa is not two different colors...its just the lighting, vertical/horizontal surface)

Different color dinette is ok as long as in same color family. To make it look like it is designed as a separate area change the window valences to a dark color matching the dinette. Make it a design statement. Another option is chairs and a table.

Fabric is ok but the only fabric sofa I have purchased in the last 20 yrs is for outdoor furniture. Offer a quality leather, or the really good imitation leather, that is pet friendly. If fabric becomes a choice it needs to be really stain proof.

The larger backsplash pattern draws your eye to it and is different than the small patterns used elsewhere. This can be a good feature. But it needs to be a bit larger area ( more than 2 tiles) to be effective. A smaller pattern will blend in, if this is the objective, as it is more of the same design cue used in the pillows and valances.
Old 02-23-2021, 01:19 PM   #63

Fabric sofa as long as its durable/easy to clean/stain resistant is great. The dinette and sofa being different colors is fine, but i think they are a little too different in the picture. The backsplash is ok. Subway tile or penny rounds or glass squares,may fit in a bit better with some of the other styling choices you've made. I was disappointed in the lack of cabinets over the dinette.
huskerhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 01:32 PM   #64
Commercial Member

[QUOTE=mookieblaylock;2504822

Quick question - I know the general consensus is the more window/light the better, but have you ever considered using the same shorter window over the dinette that's used over the sofa and extending the cabinets over the dinette as well for additional storage?[/QUOTE]

We have...but we often take furniture and/or fridges through that window. No window, we might have to remove the slide. No bueno.

If we had nothing but RV fridges, no issue. Or if I could get to a 30" door like FR3....but that is a MAJOR redesign.

Ask any OEM with a residential fridge how they plan to get it in or out if it fails.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 01:35 PM   #65
Commercial Member

here is some info on the fabrics for those that are interested.

https://richloom.com/performance/

I think "Home Performance" is the line we pulled from.

Old 02-23-2021, 01:39 PM   #66

Quote:
We have...but we often take furniture and/or fridges through that window. No window, we might have to remove the slide. No bueno.

Ugh...I totally forgot about that! Now I've got that sinking feeling that I had when this was brought up a long time back. Glad that there's a solution, but I hope I never EVER have to do this.
Old 02-23-2021, 02:58 PM   #67

Quote:
here is some info on the fabrics for those that are interested.

https://richloom.com/performance/

I think "Home Performance" is the line we pulled from.
Wow! Huge selection.

I like the SONYA FRT-PORTOBELLO. Pretty neutral with a texture.
milkman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 10:43 PM   #68

Quote:
Any opinions on the contrasting Dinette? My sofa at home is fabric and I know that some people are very "leery" of RV leather/vinyl for the flaking history of the past. So I figured we would try a "Fortress Fabric" (easy to clean, moisture resistant, breathable) on the sofa, but still keep an easy to clean dinette.

I also know that my sofa, does not look exactly like my dining room table. So we wanted to make it a little more residential.

Also, the backsplash in the kitchen is just laying there to see if we like it. Thoughts?

(PS, the sofa is not two different colors...its just the lighting, vertical/horizontal surface)
The contrast on the sofa and dinette are to stark, can be contrasting but not so drastic in color. Fabric sofa/recliners are ok if like others have said are stain resistant, easy to clean and can hold up to lots of use.

The step up on the slide is white/off white but looks like it will get marked up easily so changing to the normal floor color would prevent this possible issue.

My two cents.
CO-Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 10:53 PM   #69

Storage above bed

Brian, will there be storage cabinets above the bed with a padded headboard and side windows in the slide like the Force HD?
CO-Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 10:22 AM   #70
Commercial Member

Side windows, escape window since the back is wardrobe. I don't think we have room for a headboard. We are still tweaking the design.

Old 02-25-2021, 10:59 AM   #71

What about cabinets over bedroom bed? I think you need cabinets there and above dinette.... or in one those places minimum.
huskerhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 11:08 AM   #72
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerhiker View Post
What about cabinets over bedroom bed? I think you need cabinets there and above dinette.... or in one those places minimum.
We've already discussed dinette cabinets earlier in this thread.

Old 02-25-2021, 01:09 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerhiker View Post
I agree. I would definitely want cabinets above the bed and dinette, but it seems Dynamax doesn’t do that, at least on the models I was interested in. Some other brands do offer cabinets in those places.

I wasn’t thinking ISATA 4 25FW had a residential refrigerator that needed to pass through the dinette window, but still no cabinets above the dinette or the bed, if I recall correctly.
Old 02-25-2021, 02:06 PM   #74
Commercial Member

Good Afternoon Everyone, hope your all doing well.
The Isata 4 31DS had a very large side by side RV fridge option. The Isata 4 25FW had no other fridge option. Like Brian said in the event you had to replace the fridge you would be very glad (your pocket book would be to) a window was available to take the fridge out through. It is common with many manufactures. We load the fridge before the slide room go's in. As for the bed overhead at times depending on the layout, available room and code(s) it isn't possible to do an overhead as is the case here (Europa 31SS, Isata 5 30FW, Isata 4 25FW). They have requirements as to what is the minimum size escape window (egress) you have to have and dimensions as to placement of it. Deviating from there requirements results in a class A violation if you don't meet it. When another area is available for the egress window then we have more freedom. I agree storage is a premium and something we do our best to maximize however at times on certain floor plans it cant happen without sacrificing other important or critical things.
Have a fantastic day!
Jon-Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 04:15 PM   #75

Brian,
We will be looking for a Europa. Will the demo be for sale? We’re in no hurryand don’t mind lightly used, nope, not at all!!!
Old 02-25-2021, 04:25 PM   #76

Again, seems like these inefficient "inverter-based residential fridges" running on yet another inverter can be a PITA. Give me the pantry, the countertop, the overhead cabinets, a "residential" queen mattress, an escape hatch/window in the rear bedroom, and one of these:

Dometic 12VDC 10 cu ft variable speed compressor fridge/freezer

Or for those folks that need more more fridge, maybe get two of these side by side for that four door look.
Magnatudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 04:44 PM   #77

The contrasting color of the dinette and sofa in the same room appears like an afterthought as if a vendor's demo dinette was salvaged and now inserted in a coach just to put it to use to clear it out of storage. I would keep them the same color. Durable fabric OK, as long as it will not stain.

Regarding backsplash, I would keep it simple and easily cleanable. How about stainless to match the micro, fridge & sink.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Stainless.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	282.8 KB
ID:	248392  
Magnatudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 06:42 PM   #78

Our Isata 5 ds has a macerator toilet. Will the Europa have same?
Old 02-25-2021, 08:41 PM   #79
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMort View Post
Our Isata 5 ds has a macerator toilet. Will the Europa have same?
That is floor plan based. We only run a macerator if we can’t locate the toilet over the tank.

Old 02-25-2021, 09:24 PM   #80

Ok, I should’ve asked, is there a macerator pump on the tank dump?