Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-12-2018, 01:31 PM   #1

External cable input - Isata 5

A Different problem.

Have used the external cable hook up in the wet bay before with no issues.

Staying at RV Park with 100% digital cable service. The TVs will not pick up the signal when using the external cable hook up after running auto channel scan. If I run the cable directly to a tv it picks up the digital channels.

Anyone else had this problem and figured out a fix?

Thanks, Pat
Old 01-12-2018, 04:49 PM   #2
Commercial Member

I assume the antenna booster is off? Not the little blue light on the antenna..but the green light on the little brown electrical looking plate cover with the brown nub.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 05:14 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I assume the antenna booster is off? Not the little blue light on the antenna..but the green light on the little brown electrical looking plate cover with the brown nub.

Yes booster is off.
Old 01-13-2018, 07:20 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalenss View Post
Yes booster is off.

My error. Booster was on. BUT turning it off doesn’t completely fix the issue. TVs will only pick up the first 25 of the 60 digital channels after scanning.

Hooking cable directly to a tv gets all the channels. Going through the cable jack in the wet back only get the first 25.

????
Old 01-13-2018, 04:48 PM   #5
Ret E-9 Anchor-clanker

If your able to get the lower frequency channels then its not full digital, yet. You will not be able to see cable channels without a converter. Either upper cable channels or if full digital any at all.
donanddona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 05:41 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by donanddona View Post
If your able to get the lower frequency channels then its not full digital, yet. You will not be able to see cable channels without a converter. Either upper cable channels or if full digital any at all.

Thanks for your input. The TVs are HD and can receive digital signals. As noted in the post, can get all digital channels by connecting cable directly to the tv. But when connecting to the cable input is in the wet bay that feed the TVs only able to get the first 25, out of 60, digital channels.
Old 01-13-2018, 09:22 PM   #7

Check your splitter and make sure it is good for 7meg or higher. Also, look at what kind of cables were used between your connectors. Check the connectors themselves for tightness. You do not mention what kind of TV you have. Try scanning for channels using the "antenna" setting with the cables all connected but without having your antenna turned on. On Furrion TV's, the scans can be a bit "glitchy".
Villagerjjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 12:14 PM   #8

Brian, do you have a wire diagram for the cable showing where the splitters are located and what type of splitter is used?
Thanks
Old 01-16-2018, 10:49 AM   #9

I had/have intermittent issues with the spliter amp. combination. I looked at the connections in ours.

Previous Post: "I checked the connections: the coax splitter to the three tvs is behind the switch to turn on the amplifier to the antenna. The switch can be removed for inspection by taking out screws -- lift and pull forward to get out as the switch coax connections hang down. Switch has aux input, antenna input and output. Output goes to the splitter that send signal to the three tvs. You can work the spltter through the hole for the switch to check connections. I check all connections inside and they were tight. You can check the connection to the King signal strength meter by taking cover off."
Old 01-16-2018, 02:04 PM   #10
Commercial Member

I do not and I'm in Tampa this week. I'll see what I can dig up when I get back. Most likely it is splitter related. Digital signals don't like to be split at all.

When I got Xfinity...you have to set up the receiver. I connected it to the existing wiring and even with good signal strength, it COULD NOT finish initialization. I finally took out all the splitters...once it downloaded what it needed to the receiver and was officially set up, I could put all the splitters back on and it has worked fine since.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 08:55 AM   #11

Update:
I changed the splitter. Tested the new splitter with one TV hooked up and got all channels. But when 3 TVs hooked up could not receive all channels. [emoji53]

So, the hi-tech digital cable system doesn’t work when the signal is split. Maybe not a strong enough signal?

Other folks here are have similar problems with the cable system trying to run multiple TVs.

Chalk this up to the cable system.

Tags
cable