Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-30-2018, 03:46 PM   #1

Factory Shine

I want to bring my Force HD back to that factory shine. What are the steps and process involved in making that happen? Brian hopefully can chime in.
Tugboat609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 06:12 PM   #2

As the surface is painted with clear coat I will share info I have used for cars.

1. Buy an orbital buffer with changeable pads for use with different cleaners and polishes. Harbor freight has one and sells three types of pads. Given the large surface buy at least 2 of each type of cleaning pad.
2. Buy “professional” products. Not knowing the surface condition of your coach, start with a fine cut cleaner, swirl remover, glaze. I have used Mequiars and 3M products. You can find them at auto body shop supply stores and sometimes at harbor freight or auto parts stores. If there are oxidized surfaces or a rash in the clear coat you may need a medium cut or polishing compound to start.
3. Multiple micro fiber towels
4. Wash the surface.
5. Start with the least abrasive product and correct pad for the product. Apply some product on the pad and work in with your fingers. Then apply product to the paint in a small workable area. Put the buffer on the paint and move around to spread the cleaner. Then turn on the buffer medium speed and move left to right and then up and down working the product. Do not apply pressure. Let the buffer do the work. The product will start to break down and when dry stop and wipe off with a towel. Repeat.
When the pad becomes full of product and contaminates change to a new paid.
Suggest you do the three steps ( cut cleaner, swirl remover, glaze ) in one area to check you get the results you want.
6. Finish with a wax. I have been trying the new spray on waxes from Mother’s or Mequiars as they are easy and fast to use over large surfaces.

Good luck.

Pat.
Old 01-30-2018, 07:20 PM   #3

Clay bar
Go UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 07:46 PM   #4
Commercial Member

I got this.

#1. See post #2.
#2. Ignore post #2
#3. Upgrade to new Force HD and get all the latest and greatest improvements.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 08:46 PM   #5

lol, Brian.

I power buff ours and use a wax called Rejex. The bugs don’t stick and it makes the color deep again, love it.
Old 01-30-2018, 11:15 PM   #6

I power wash my RV's really well, make sure there are no black streaks when dry, then I park them inside.

If the finish gets dull I have one of those guys that does RV exterior detailing and pay him the $150. I'm normally a VERY do-it-yourself kinda guy except when it comes to painting or power waxing/polishing. Its cheaper for me to pay someone to do it right than to pay a lot more to get the paint fixed because I screwed it up.

Randy & Dee
2018 DX3 37TS
"Orange Crush"
RV Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 12:00 AM   #7

https://media2.giphy.com/media/rUQU5rioE1yco/giphy.gif
vrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 08:20 AM   #8
Commercial Member

Actually Post #2 is a good process. Well also use a product called "Fast Wax" here for shows. I'll have to snap a picture of the label sometime.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 12:24 PM   #9

Post 2 is a good process.

However, I only use Griot's products or Mothers Products

Have had lousy results with Mequiars products.

Used the Griot's on show cars for many years.

https://www.griotsgarage.com/category/polish+wax.do

Great how to's on their website

Old 01-31-2018, 12:26 PM   #10

I also use Griots for some things, and I use a lot of McKees 37, which has a full RV Line.

I would be remiss if I didnt mention that they are also sponsoring the Rally. They have a great product for wheels and tires and other RV products. They are in Florida and ship quickly, and they are sponsoring the Rally. LOL>

Tags
factory