Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-30-2018, 07:07 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Randy View Post
Well, if the Eagles don't kick the Patriots a** this weekend you will have to use a logo of a turkey, so you may want to hold off on that paint scheme choice!

I only cheer for 2 football teams: The Bronco's and whom ever is playing the Patriots! GO Eagles, please help Tom Brady make a decision to retire after this season!
Ha ha ha, turkey works for me. I no longer let pro sports rule my life.

Full disclosure:
Born in Philadelphia and have liveed in suburbs all my life.
I like the Patriots and the Dallas Cowboys.
Met my wife at an Eagles / Giants game in the 50’s. Her family came down from NJ to see the game. Our families sat next to each other.
I will cheer for the Eagles but will not be devestated if the guys from up north win.
I have been devasted by all Philly pro teams too many times.
I am a free man on Sundays during football season. I don’t stay glued to the TV anymore.

Ben Franklin wanted to have the turkey as the National symbol.

Oh yeah, my wife is better looking than Tom’s.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 07:53 PM   #42

Quote:
Oh grasshoppa, you have so much to learn. There has been an ever growing pile of stuff accumulating in my office where my wife has been ordering stuff for the DX3 since Sept 3rd, the day after we ordered it. I also have a new Caliber 9 grille & light kit sitting on top of the pile for me to install.

We've had to agree to stop buying stuff so we can afford to pay for the rig when it finally arrives, which should be soon
In fairness, Brady is probably the best QB who has ever played the game. But enough is enough, please go away so someone else has a chance to play in the big game. Tom can retire and try to get by on the few scheckles he has accumulated in his career. Of course, with a super model wife she may be able to spend it as fast as even he makes it!

Not to hijack but it was Joe Montana [emoji3]

When we were in high school we didn’t even have a home field and he was still awesome. Just as good at basketball, starting pitcher for undefeated baseball team etc etc.
Old 01-30-2018, 08:19 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumpster808 View Post
Not to hijack but it was Joe Montana [emoji3]

When we were in high school we didn’t even have a home field and he was still awesome. Just as good at basketball, starting pitcher for undefeated baseball team etc etc.
Don't mean to hijack either but sounds like your a Ringgold graduate. 1980 for me.
Webefine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 08:26 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by rskeans View Post
One reason we didn't purchase from your dealer. BTW, there are very few reasons you need to go back to the selling dealer. You can accomplish everything quicker by using a Mobile Tech, or certified RV shop.
Are you saying you can get Warrenty service from a certified RV Shop?
Barch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 08:43 PM   #45

Yes. Contact Dynamax warranty first.
rskeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 09:42 PM   #46

Quote:
Oh grasshoppa, you have so much to learn. There has been an ever growing pile of stuff accumulating in my office where my wife has been ordering stuff for the DX3 since Sept 3rd, the day after we ordered it. I also have a new Caliber 9 grille & light kit sitting on top of the pile for me to install.

We've had to agree to stop buying stuff so we can afford to pay for the rig when it finally arrives, which should be soon
In fairness, Brady is probably the best QB who has ever played the game. But enough is enough, please go away so someone else has a chance to play in the big game. Tom can retire and try to get by on the few scheckles he has accumulated in his career. Of course, with a super model wife she may be able to spend it as fast as even he makes it!
Yes I do know. She is really excited. I kinda thought Halla was joking about the custom grill but I guess not.

I meant to say earlier that you guys who have the DX3's, the paint detail on those are incredible. The one they had where I bought mine was black and silver and the lines and shades off of the lines were beautiful. I guess that's what you call them. Don't think they offer that on the Force but it was really impressive.

And yes you are correct about Brady. Not a bad career for a mediocre college QB
The Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 11:38 AM   #47

Well... Don’t even know where to start other then glad I didn’t swallow all the feathers. Not gonna believe this I promise so grab a chair for all those that’s been following our “ Saga “. LOL...

Cancel the bedspread and the dishes. Got a call from the guy I bragged on so much and there has been a mistake. Now we already have a deposit down but he wanted to inform me he had made a mistake and quoted us the wrong price . He was very apologetic and took full responsibility. I kinda lost the conversation after that but basically it was like a big enough mistake they would have to charge quite a bit more. It was like a 21k mistake.

Luckily the mistake was caught by the rep and let the dealer know . I had spoke with the rep and he knew I wanted an HD and the dealer quoted me regular force price.

Either way I guess it’s just not meant to be. That’s a costly mistake so we just asked for our 5k deposit back and we give up. LOL. Gonna take some time away from the search and move on and relax.

Thanks to everybody for all your info and input.
Old 01-31-2018, 11:50 AM   #48

Ouch !

Whatever happens, I hope you end up happy and satisfied with minimal future angst.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 11:58 AM   #49

WOW that rally stinks but sounds like you got a good idea to hold off step back and take a good look at things and not rush in, it will all work out in the end. Let us know which ever way you decide or what brand.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 12:36 PM   #50

Mountieman, for what it is worth, here is my 2 cents:

In all the many years of buying vehicles I have had good luck getting warranty work done by non-selling dealers. In my 12 plus RV's I've owned (spanning 40 years) the same applies. I have used the selling dealers, other OEM dealers away from home and mobile techs for OEM and after market warranty repairs, all with good results. I don't worry about warranty repairs because chances are if it is something I can't or don't want to repair the issue will probably occur when away from home anyway. With the Force/Force HD and DX3's except for a slide out not coming in, my main concern is with not being able to drive the rig. That problem is a Freightliner issue and not a Dynamax RV issue so a whole different service center issue. Others have mentioned calling the Dynamax folks for authorization before service for RV related problems.

Buy from the dealer who gives you the best deal on the rig you want, not who is closest. As far as cost, if you are in the ball park of affordable out the door price try renegotiating price. Lengthen the terms of the loan to bring down monthly out of pocket cost. I'd have to find my paperwork, but I believe we have a 30 year note. Not going to live 30 more years; not going to RV for much more than 5 - 10 years if we are lucky. Yes we pay a lot of interest but we are doing what we want to with our time and money.

We think we have more money than time left. Don't want to waste either. Enjoy..
hook47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 01:39 PM   #51

Kinda funny because I was not even mad this time. I just laughed and said no big surprise. Now I can’t say that for my wife. She is little but can’t repeat what she had to say. I think it ended with I’m done go get us a tent. If it leaks we throw it away and get another. If any of you play golf you know how the golf gods can be some days. Well I think Dynamax gods are saying psych, not this year. LOL.

It’s all ok though.
Old 01-31-2018, 03:36 PM   #52

Send a message via AIM to letsgorving Send a message via MSN to letsgorving Send a message via Yahoo to letsgorving
Oh no!! so sorry this happened. Take a deep breath and collect your thoughts.
Keep us posted on what you do next.
Old 01-31-2018, 04:19 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by hook47 View Post
We think we have more money than time left. Don't want to waste either. Enjoy..
Well said.

My .02 on your issue is this: Sounds like a legitimate mistake that they were at least up front about. Its pretty easy to confirm the validity of what they say the corrected price is for the HD. Just go and check the online prices being offered by other dealers for duplicate units. Sounds like you signed a purchase agreement when you gave them the deposit, you should be able to leverage that into some sort of additional discount as penance for their mistake, but don't expect them to absorb the majority of the additional cost.

If the rig you wanted to order is what will really make you happy, refer to the statement above I quoted from Hook47. Its not worth getting yourself so upset over things when its probably less than $100 per month more if you're financing it. It sounds like you wont find the same rig anywhere else new for a lot less money anyways.

My wife got quotes online from every Dynamax in the US dealer willing to give quotes on a new DX3 and even negotiated them against each other a bit. In the end the dealer in Colorado agreed to beat the best online price by $1000 if we bought from them. They had a little extra wiggle room because we traded our 2013 Class A into them (which they sold 3 days later), but you get my point. We got a good price and ended up ordering a rig so we got exactly what we did and did not want.

Randy & Dee
2018 DX3 37TS
"Orange Crush"
RV Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 06:22 PM   #54

Quote:
Well said.

My .02 on your issue is this: Sounds like a legitimate mistake that they were at least up front about. Its pretty easy to confirm the validity of what they say the corrected price is for the HD. Just go and check the online prices being offered by other dealers for duplicate units. Sounds like you signed a purchase agreement when you gave them the deposit, you should be able to leverage that into some sort of additional discount as penance for their mistake, but don't expect them to absorb the majority of the additional cost.

If the rig you wanted to order is what will really make you happy, refer to the statement above I quoted from Hook47. Its not worth getting yourself so upset over things when its probably less than $100 per month more if you're financing it. It sounds like you wont find the same rig anywhere else new for a lot less money anyways.

My wife got quotes online from every Dynamax in the US dealer willing to give quotes on a new DX3 and even negotiated them against each other a bit. In the end the dealer in Colorado agreed to beat the best online price by $1000 if we bought from them. They had a little extra wiggle room because we traded our 2013 Class A into them (which they sold 3 days later), but you get my point. We got a good price and ended up ordering a rig so we got exactly what we did and did not want.
.02 cents??? That was about a dollar and half worth at least Randy..
Your opinion to me is always welcome my friend. I hear you and agree fully. No hard feelings at the dealer or salesperson.. It was a mistake and I hate it for everybody. I let him know I felt it was an accident and still think this guy is a good guy. Everybody makes mistakes and I make my fair share and problem then some.

I do have to say that it was a mistake on their end though and did not expect them to lose money by no means but feel like they should have worked harder then they did on the price. I will say that the prices on RVTrader for comparable HD's were cheaper than they were quoting me after the mistake.

Either way it would be July before it came in and half the summer gone so if something pops up or we find a good used one we might be interested but not sure we are gonna go looking. Still wanna come to Dandridge and meet some of you guys.
Old 01-31-2018, 06:49 PM   #55

That would be great if you can make it up to the Rally to meet everyone. Maybe you will find a nice HD that meets your needs in stock somewhere. I know our dealer has a few coming in as retail orders. Performance RV Rentals in central Ohio, not too far from Columbus.
Old 01-31-2018, 08:05 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by halla View Post
That would be great if you can make it up to the Rally to meet everyone. Maybe you will find a nice HD that meets your needs in stock somewhere. I know our dealer has a few coming in as retail orders. Performance RV Rentals in central Ohio, not too far from Columbus.
Thanks Halla. I appreciate it. I think my wife is as upset about not having a coach to put her Gator bedspread in as much as the salesman goofing up..
Old 01-31-2018, 08:09 PM   #57

Yes, that would be hard, but keep up hope that you will have something to put the bedspread on sooner than later. If you buy in Ohio we can throw in a Buckeyes bedspread, colors are nicer.
Old 01-31-2018, 08:41 PM   #58

LOL I cant repeat with what she responded... Right now we are just trying to gather back up 2 deposits from 2 different dealers from 2 different states... If we ever start this stuff back up again that local dealer loyalty stuff is out the window I can promise that.
Old 01-31-2018, 08:50 PM   #59

This is the first one we bought in Ohio. Bought the last one up in Grand Rapids Michigan, about 6 hour drive one way. This time they didn’t want to deal for some reason. Keep us in the Loop.
Old 01-31-2018, 11:15 PM   #60

Brian was MIA tonight. I know he dont want to read that this saga continues.. LOL

Tags
water