Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-08-2019, 08:52 PM   #1

Fireplace Heat

The fireplace on our 2018 Dynaquest only flashes the logs when we try to select the temp/heat button. Can’t find an explanation for this.

Any advice would be appreciated.
EdandShelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 09:43 PM   #2

On my 2018 Dynaquest the temperature can only be adjusted with the buttons on the right side of the unit itself. The remote will not adjust the temperature.
“Breathe in, Breathe out, Move on”
MoJoe1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 09:31 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoJoe1003 View Post
On my 2018 Dynaquest the temperature can only be adjusted with the buttons on the right side of the unit itself. The remote will not adjust the temperature.
Thank you. This is how I’m trying to adjust it. Whenever we press the temperature button, the logs flash.
Old 12-09-2019, 02:33 PM   #4

I don’t mean to sound condescending, but you are pushing the button with the thermometer symbol and not the one with the flame symbol, correct? Again, not meant in any negative way.
“Breathe in, Breathe out, Move on”
MoJoe1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 07:12 PM   #5

Not sure of you have a furrion, but heres a manual...

https://cdn.accentuate.io/1938921160...F26S15A-BL.pdf
hinkle_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 11:33 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdandShelley View Post
Thank you. This is how I’m trying to adjust it. Whenever we press the temperature button, the logs flash.
We have a 2018 DX3 so I think we may have the same brand fireplaces. We can adjust our temp (0-5) using the remote. Google your brand/model and read the manual online. Call the tech support line if the manual doesn't have the answer. It may be a known issue tech support can help you with.
RV Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 08:43 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Randy View Post
We have a 2018 DX3 so I think we may have the same brand fireplaces. We can adjust our temp (0-5) using the remote. Google your brand/model and read the manual online. Call the tech support line if the manual doesn't have the answer. It may be a known issue tech support can help you with.
Thanks... do you know who the manufacturer is? We did not receive a user manual with the fireplace.
Old 12-13-2019, 11:04 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdandShelley View Post
Thanks... do you know who the manufacturer is? We did not receive a user manual with the fireplace.

Call your Trailer Manufacturer and by the VIN they can tell you the FP manufacturer and the model number.
Prunyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 11:09 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prunyon View Post
Call your Trailer Manufacturer and by the VIN they can tell you the FP manufacturer and the model number.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1227.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	139.0 KB
ID:	220498
Prunyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 11:28 AM   #10

If you bought your rig new, you should have gotten a large black canvas case that included manuals and instruction sheets for every appliance in your rig.

I'm not at home right now and I can't find the online info in the vendor contact sheet that Dynamax posts on the forum.

There should be a brand name on the front of the fireplace or on the remote control. If you can find that, Google it and you can download a manual online.

I don't think our brand is Furrion, but if you read that manual that unit has a proximity sensor such that if something is within 4-6 inches of the front of it, it will just flash and no heat will come on. Could also be a control board issue or a remote control issue. Remotes can be interferred with if you have a drawer full of RF remotes (like we do) close to the fireplace. If the batteries in one of those remotes is going dead, it can cause them to transmit intermittently with trashy signals.

I will take a look at mine when I get home this weekend to see if I have more info to share.

Randy & Dee
2018 DX3 37TS
"Orange Crush"
Old 12-13-2019, 12:38 PM   #11
Commercial Member

It just so happens we also posted it on the online owners manual and they sent me a copy for reference.

The twin star 23 is what we use today, because it has a shallower depth. We used to use the 32 as I recall. here are both manuals for simplicity sake.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Firesplace- 23EF026FGT Manual.pdf (6.19 MB, 61 views)
File Type: pdf Fire Place - Twin Star - 32ll310GRA Manual.pdf (5.05 MB, 27 views)

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 08:57 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
It just so happens we also posted it on the online owners manual and they sent me a copy for reference.

The twin star 23 is what we use today, because it has a shallower depth. We used to use the 32 as I recall. here are both manuals for simplicity sake.
Thanks Brian... It is the Twin Star. Appreciate your providing the manual. Was not in the tote of manuals or on the USB drive. Only the AquaHot was on the USB.
Old 12-13-2019, 08:58 PM   #13

Quote:
If you bought your rig new, you should have gotten a large black canvas case that included manuals and instruction sheets for every appliance in your rig.

I'm not at home right now and I can't find the online info in the vendor contact sheet that Dynamax posts on the forum.

There should be a brand name on the front of the fireplace or on the remote control. If you can find that, Google it and you can download a manual online.

I don't think our brand is Furrion, but if you read that manual that unit has a proximity sensor such that if something is within 4-6 inches of the front of it, it will just flash and no heat will come on. Could also be a control board issue or a remote control issue. Remotes can be interferred with if you have a drawer full of RF remotes (like we do) close to the fireplace. If the batteries in one of those remotes is going dead, it can cause them to transmit intermittently with trashy signals.

I will take a look at mine when I get home this weekend to see if I have more info to share.
Thanks... Brian sent the manual. I have the tote of manuals...no fireplace manual nor was it on the USB drive.
Old 12-15-2019, 02:04 PM   #14

Sounds like the heater function is disabled. According to the manual you have to hold the power button down on the control panel for 10 seconds, the logs will flash multiple times and the heater should start working.

Randy & Dee
2018 DX3 37TS
"Orange Crush"
Old 12-16-2019, 03:14 PM   #15

Quote:
Sounds like the heater function is disabled. According to the manual you have to hold the power button down on the control panel for 10 seconds, the logs will flash multiple times and the heater should start working.
That fixed it. Thanks Randy!!!

Tags
fireplace