Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2018, 07:09 AM   #1

First trip with the Dynamax XL positives

a) The engine power and delivery is awesome, perfectly sized and powered, I say sized due to getting offroad at times a super heavy engine is not favorable on the front axle as it will cause it to sink I.E. in sand

b) Cab AC works excellent compared to my old M2 106

c) The two Low Profile Mach 8 AC's have both worked very well and even running one on Low has kept RV cool in 90 degree weather though I am partially shaded, much better than my old Fifth Wheel with a new 15k AC, this also testifies to the insulation is MUCH better than I thought it would be

d) Multiplex System is awesome, excellent design, I pray I never have issues with it though...

e) Shower works well and I love that Bryan followed up and added a shut off on the shower head

f) Bathroom fit an finish very nice

g) Kitchen storage is much more than I thought it would be and drawers and cabinets are very nice and well made

h) The beds, bunks, and dinette are very good, jury is still out on Theatre Seating but kiddos like it

i) Tile floor is much better than I thought it would be highly functional for camping

j) Bedroom storage is awesome very well done

k) Outside storage is HUGE and very good, but needs a little stronger bottoms or additional bracing

l) Window shades and sunscreens are very good

m) Generator is very quite and excellent

n) Aqua Hot works flawlessly, BUT should have two electric elements like the 600D so one could heat with electric only if desired

o) Solar panels work well

p) Finish on exterior is phenomenal

q) Norcold Fridge works flawlessly on Auto switching between LP/AC as required and LP on the road works well to keep things cool

r) Excellent job by (Bryan) Dynamax on continuous improvements and upgrades and listening to all of the good folks that buy them

s) And thanks for customizing my XL for Dry Camping/Boondocking well done sir
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 09:06 AM   #2

I'm constantly amazed by how quiet the generator is. I think its actually louder in the coach than it is outside which baffles me.

Aquahot is the one thing I hadnt given enough attention when we bought our DX3. We ended up in it over the Force for a couple other reasons but after 2 years I couldnt live without it. It's just awesome
Old 06-05-2018, 12:51 PM   #3
Commercial Member

Bump to test the theory of views.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 01:40 PM   #4

I looked hard at the XL, just beyond my comfort zone for price. I purchase a 2018 DX3 37TS.

I am similarly satisfied with the positives of my coach, my list is nearly point-for-point in line with yours. I also strongly agree that the exterior bay storage bottoms need to be stronger, I am hoping for ideas from someone to fix this.

I came from a gas E450 chassis with the 305 hp V10/450 ft lbs of torque, to a 350 hp/1,000 ft lbs of torque, and although it is a step below the XL, I am pretty happy. I'll know more after my trip to the Oregon Coast from Southern Nevada, but I am feeling good about the engine/transmission combination.

Love the 200 watts of solar.

I have found the 2 A/C units to work pretty well in my locale. The A/C units work diligently to handle the 100+ degree temperatures we have. On a 90 degree day they work like a champ.

The paint is done well, I like the paint design and colors, they match my Jeep Rubicon most excellently.

My issues with my DX3 37TS are cosmetic in nature. slow soft close door, a loose piece of wainscoting in the shower/toilet room, and a couple of other minor issues like that.

I am looking forward to finally getting my DX3 on the road on June 30.
Las Vegas, NV
johnmbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 05:24 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOURWHL View Post
I'm constantly amazed by how quiet the generator is. I think its actually louder in the coach than it is outside which baffles me.

Aquahot is the one thing I hadnt given enough attention when we bought our DX3. We ended up in it over the Force for a couple other reasons but after 2 years I couldnt live without it. It's just awesome
Ours has the 5500 watt generator with 2100 plus hours on it. It still runs quiet and smooth...almost too quiet. I believe ours is louder in the coach than it is outside.
Old 06-06-2018, 11:00 AM   #6

Additional positives the front end knocking subsided some after setting up and camping a few days using leveling jacks (Front End was off ground), so I assume it's a shock that leaked oil past the piston? It is still evident on larger bumps or whoops in road bed.

Steering seems a bit better, but a second arm rest would be MOST welcome, I may just switch sides with the chairs, put Driver on Passenger and Passenger on Drivers Side? Will tighten Steering Box a bit and also add a Stabilizer which I already have had for some time.

Would like to know if I can put a second Arm Rest on if I purchase it from you Gents Bryan? Surely theres another mounting point on opposing side of Driver's Chair? My chair doesn't go back far at all and plenty of clearance to mount a second one.
Old 06-06-2018, 11:53 AM   #7
Commercial Member

I don't think those seats are set up for it as those are built from ground up for us. I would gladly give you (2) stock seats. Then you can buy the arm rests from Freightliner. They just lock/clip into place. They only come in gray however. What about the Bostrom seat?

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 12:16 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I don't think those seats are set up for it as those are built from ground up for us. I would gladly give you (2) stock seats. Then you can buy the arm rests from Freightliner. They just lock/clip into place. They only come in gray however. What about the Bostrom seat?
There should be an opening on both sides to mount an arm rest, if there is I have taken the arm rests on and off the Bostrum many times, we would just require one of your guys to confirm we can indeed mount the Arm Rest both sides or to confirm there is a mounting receptacle there...would be cheapest route, the Sportchassis Bostrum is $400 plus shipping unless I drive to Clinton Oklahoma and that would add cost as well...
Old 06-17-2018, 05:57 AM   #9

Additional Positives to add to XL design:

1) The HDTV Antenna works excellent - very good set up

2) King Mattress is excellent in comfort - surprisingly very good bed

3) Slide Outs are so far advanced, superior design, and higher quality above my 2004 Komfort 5th Wheel Slide it's ridiculous, excellent designs and they should be very durable and have good longevity as well

4) Awnings are excellent and work perfectly and cover the complete entrance side which is a VERY nice touch/design by Dynamax

5) Slide Outs sealed in and out VERY well in two heavy rains and also while in transit remained sealed very well, no leaks noted at all...

6) Solar Panels work very well and would max out quickly if in direct sun