Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-22-2019, 07:44 PM   #1

Fit RV Coachmen factory tour

Brian,
I found the video of their factory tour interesting. I have some questions, but, first where in the "pecking" order of relative quality/price points within Forest River does Coachmen fit relative to Dynamax?
This is in no way a complaint, just curious.
!. Are you considering a lithium battery package like the Coachman Galleria and Transit? Even though I've added 2 additional agm batteries, we still struggle to keep the batteries "up". Fyi, we have the residential refer. At this point, I'm considering enclosing the battery box and switching to lithium so that I can quit worrying about it.
2. Do we have what appears to be careful, detailed insulation as in the 2 above referenced Class B coaches?
3. FYI, I have added Sumo springs to our rear suspension, and think it helps reduce the jarring of concrete expansion joints and other sharp pavement bumps. Hard to prove with no "control group". I realize that we have different chassis than the 2 class Bs, but still....

Just curious,
Dick
Dick Skeers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 09:05 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Depends what you mean by Coachmen. Coachmen has several different divisions. If you're talking specifically Galleria and Crossfit, those are B vans and sort of apples to oranges. So price wise, they are typically the same or more money as an Isata 3.

We have been considering lithium for some time. The issue is implementation. The easiest way is to drop in a couple of battery replacements. All else sort of stays the same. To TRULY take advantage, then you need a fully implemented system. For a B-van with low electrical draws, this can be upwards of $12,000. For a large system like ours it would be $18,000.

If anyone dry camps...I tell them without a doubt, get an RV fridge, not residential.

2. it depends what you mean there. I think galleria is using the "pod" packets. But at the end of the day it is a metal shell and is very thin. The Isata 5, has 2" thick sidewalls with block foam in every cavity. You can find our plant tour here... Videos by Dynamax

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coachmen, factory