Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-28-2017, 10:39 AM   #21
Commercial Member

FYI...if the vehicle is under warranty, please see this service bulletin.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Service Bulletin Sway Bar-Rubber Bushings.pdf (65.2 KB, 449 views)

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 10:49 AM   #22
Retired Army Paratrooper

Thanks Brian
MasterBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 12:21 PM   #23

Well, for the bad news. If you are out of warranty, like I am. The parts alone for the 4 brackets (no bolts/washers/nuts) is $1,040.

I found the bolts etc... online for about $10.00.
Old 07-28-2017, 12:53 PM   #24
Retired Army Paratrooper

Wow. I think would take that service bulletin Brian provided and go sit down and talk with someone.
Old 07-28-2017, 01:08 PM   #25

If it was a "recall" they would have to fix it for all of us, no matter what. Since it is a "service bulletin" they fix it on units where the owners complain of a noise or issue. For out of warranty people, it is just a choice.

I am going to see how bad mine is this weekend and then make a decision.
Old 07-28-2017, 01:11 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
FYI...if the vehicle is under warranty, please see this service bulletin.
So let me see if I can understand this. There has been an existing service bulletin that would replace this obvious known freightliner defect in design under warranty for an improved clevis design. Which a plethora of people that spent approximately $185,000 each on a FR product, and FR doesn't send this bulletin along with the vehicle to watch out for this known problem on a $185,000 33,000 lb vehicle that involves something as critical as a the steering on a 33,000 lb vehicle that carries families around? Of which had I known about this service bulletin earlier I would have most certainly noticed what the extremely loud snapping noice coming from my defective suspension was and taken it in prior to my warranty expiring a couple months ago. Am O correct, or am I just imagining this. ???
murraym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 01:14 PM   #27

And now I'm going to have to pay out-of-pocket to replace the bushings and have the same issue repeat itself due to this defective design or spend $1200 to buy the upgrade kit when it could have been handled under warranty if the service bulletin would've been provided with the sale of the vehicle
Old 07-28-2017, 01:29 PM   #28

Yeah. That's my point. The service bulletin could have been included with all of the paperwork that comes with one of these units as something that the new owners who just paid 6 figures for one of these units could have been provided with to watch out for instead of finding out the hard way some only after 5000 miles. Mine having 7000 miles when I first noticed the loud snapping but could never find the culprit.
Old 07-28-2017, 03:38 PM   #29

As I said, I was at Freightliner Service yesterday. Although mine are good,

I see that the service bulletin is dated Sept 2010??? Freightliner did not tell

me about the bulletin, I saw the posts here and asked them to check them

out. So they have know for 7 years about that problem. Maybe you should

take bulletin in hand and visit a Freightliner service center, maybe they will

make it good.
joet19711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 06:03 PM   #30

Checked mine today, they look solid. The bolts have marks on them, I believe they changed mine at some point.
Old 07-29-2017, 06:43 PM   #31
Retired Army Paratrooper

Awesome. They completed mine yesterday at Freightliner. Drives 100% better, I was amazed at the difference.
Old 07-29-2017, 11:50 PM   #32
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by murraym View Post
So let me see if I can understand this. There has been an existing service bulletin that would replace this obvious known freightliner defect in design under warranty for an improved clevis design. Which a plethora of people that spent approximately $185,000 each on a FR product, and FR doesn't send this bulletin along with the vehicle to watch out for this known problem on a $185,000 33,000 lb vehicle that involves something as critical as a the steering on a 33,000 lb vehicle that carries families around? Of which had I known about this service bulletin earlier I would have most certainly noticed what the extremely loud snapping noice coming from my defective suspension was and taken it in prior to my warranty expiring a couple months ago. Am O correct, or am I just imagining this. ???
Really? This is our fault? How the heck was I supposed to know about this Service Bulletin. Its a Freightliner service bulletin. The first time I ever saw that pieces of paper was the day I posted it.

I love how me doing (what I thought was) a good thing, posting the bulletin, gets turned into me/Dynamax being negligent. I think I have an idea of how Trump feels. You can't win.

Old 07-30-2017, 07:43 AM   #33

Brian, In Murraym's statement he says that "Freightliner doesn't send the service bulletin along with the vehicle". But that being said people are still going to blame Dynamax by defult because Freightliner is a product Dynamax CHOOSES to use. It is no different then when Ford was being sued for explorer rollovers because of the Firestone tires they Chose to use. I understand your frustration being blamed for something that is out of your control but this sort of problem comes with having to use suppliers and subcontractors.
Webefine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 08:03 AM   #34
Commercial Member

FR stands for Forest River, not Freightliner. And while I know that we will get blamed for most things...even in the situation with Ford...it was Firestone that took the heat on those tires because they affected more than just Ford products. Just as this would.

I'd be curious to see how may service bulletins exist for Freightliner. Would anyone actually read them all if we had them and sent them?

I was blamed once for not telling someone that we did not cover fuel and tolls if someone brought something in for warranty repair. Well, it is actually listed in the owners manual warranty statement (just like most warranties). But that didn't matter because I didn't specifically remind him when we spoke on the phone...how was he expected to read all that fine print.

Is what it is I supposed. Just amazed sometimes at the conclusions that are drawn.

Old 07-30-2017, 10:32 AM   #35
Team Watts

Send a message via AIM to TeamWatts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
FR stands for Forest River, not Freightliner. And while I know that we will get blamed for most things...even in the situation with Ford...it was Firestone that took the heat on those tires because they affected more than just Ford products. Just as this would.

I'd be curious to see how may service bulletins exist for Freightliner. Would anyone actually read them all if we had them and sent them?

I was blamed once for not telling someone that we did not cover fuel and tolls if someone brought something in for warranty repair. Well, it is actually listed in the owners manual warranty statement (just like most warranties). But that didn't matter because I didn't specifically remind him when we spoke on the phone...how was he expected to read all that fine print.

Is what it is I supposed. Just amazed sometimes at the conclusions that are drawn.
Darned if you do and Darned if you do not Brian. I know your pain and feel for you. I had same problem in the Military. Thanks for your being open on things and for your down to earth way of dealing with us, especially when we are at shows or factory.
Chuck, Army (Ret) & Patricia, Barber
TeamWatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 10:34 AM   #36

My two cents...this is 100% on Freightliner. 7 years and still having the issue is ridiculous. As Brian already knows, I have high expectations. :-) That's why I traded in my Seneca for a Dynamax. Even a meticulous PITA like me thinks its a little unfair to put any blame on Dynamax or Forest River for this.
Freightliner should've upgraded the bushings long ago.
shultz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 10:36 AM   #37
Team Watts

Send a message via AIM to TeamWatts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shultz01 View Post
My two cents...this is 100% on Freightliner. 7 years and still having the issue is ridiculous. As Brian already knows, I have high expectations. :-) That's why I traded in my Seneca for a Dynamax. Even a meticulous PITA like me thinks its a little unfair to put any blame on Dynamax or Forest River for this.
Freightliner should've upgraded the bushings long ago.
Amen.

When I get to Elkhart in Nov, I will have Freightliner check it out.
Chuck, Army (Ret) & Patricia, Barber
TeamWatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 10:40 AM   #38

This is a freightliner issue

I called them and they looked at mine same day. Bushing were good

Thank you bclemens for your contribution on this and every other ailment the owners have
myhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 03:39 PM   #39

Since I had two spares from my Seneca days I changed out mine this afternoon when we got home from camping. It took less than an hour. I examined all four. Two needed replaced. One was obvious, it was about to fall off. The other one was cut and would've gone eventually. I accessed the nuts from the top with two long extensions. You'll need a swivel for the passenger side. The one that was falling off was overtightened--even the washer was bent.

These people that over-torque everything must be compensating for something...LOL.
shultz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 08:28 AM   #40
Retired Army Paratrooper

Force, Force HD & DX3 M2 Front End Problems

Brian , Thank You for going the extra mile to help us work thru problems on our rigs. For those that don' t know when I posted my problem with pictures, without my asking Brian sent the pictures to Freightliner within an hour of my post. He then requested my VIN to provide to Freightliner per their request. This communication back and forth we don't always know about, but Brian does it for us. Sometimes a thank you and can you help me fix mine is all that needs to be said.