Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2018, 07:03 PM   #21

Be sure and post up pictures soon.

Congratulations!
RV Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 08:09 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by halla View Post
That gray is a putty, when I detailed ours the first time I just use a small plastic scraper and clean it off, some mineral spirits cleans up the small parts.

I clean up the extra silicone around the windows etc... Usually after a month or so because some of that still squeezes out when the parts are in the sun.

Bought a small tub of the American Cherry wood putty to fill some of the nail holes, I think sometimes that stuff just falls out.
Good deal on the putty. Kinda looks like plumbers putty but I didn't mess with it. Still waiting on that detail thread with tools and buffing pads. Ive clay barred and waxed a lot but never have buffed anything.

Your help here Halla on the forum is priceless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
Yes, I predict that your going to be happy, I just read on another thread that they have found a swivel seat that will work and only increases the height 1", they will get a set to try next week, a different manufactor. I'll congratulate you now, and Happy Travels to you and yours...hope to meet you oneday..
Thank you and same back at ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Randy View Post

Congratulations!
Thanks Randy and like Halla your input on the forum is priceless.
Old 07-27-2018, 09:34 PM   #23

That visit amounts to some strong Kool Aid ~~

CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 10:23 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
That visit amounts to some strong Kool Aid ~~

Well I tell ya. I was not expecting what I seen when I got there. The colors were perfect, the interior was really nice, the wife lit up like it was her first Xmas and I was really impressed. The bunk over the cab is big enough for all 3 of my grandkids, the dinette is a good size for sleeping and plenty of room for an air mattress in the floor not to mention the king bed. The wife really did a good job picking out the interior colors. The final part is our salesman and dealer are great. A lady helped us today because salesman is out of town and she walked us through the service bay to go back to the coach and all the guys in service working on motorhomes smiled and waved. To me dealer service is as important as the coach itself.
Old 07-27-2018, 11:18 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountieman View Post
To me dealer service is as important as the coach itself.
That actually is the most important part of any purchase! Have fun ~~ remember grandkids grow up fast so get going with them!
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 12:45 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Randy View Post

Congratulations!
x2
Old 07-28-2018, 12:57 PM   #27

Quote:
Well I tell ya. I was not expecting what I seen when I got there. The colors were perfect, the interior was really nice, the wife lit up like it was her first Xmas and I was really impressed. The bunk over the cab is big enough for all 3 of my grandkids, the dinette is a good size for sleeping and plenty of room for an air mattress in the floor not to mention the king bed. The wife really did a good job picking out the interior colors. The final part is our salesman and dealer are great. A lady helped us today because salesman is out of town and she walked us through the service bay to go back to the coach and all the guys in service working on motorhomes smiled and waved. To me dealer service is as important as the coach itself.
Let me ask a dumb question, why is there so much more room then a ClassC, I have seen the outsides which I love, but never been inside, is it the slides? Has to be something, love the big fortress look and that cab, but what is different inside? I'm going to have to get in one I guess, maybe they will have one in Goshen this year.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 02:25 PM   #28

Well I’m no expert by no means and don’t know the different measurements but the slides are really big. Ours is a triple slide so a lot of room created when they are open.
The Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 02:28 PM   #29

Pics
Aztec1382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 09:03 AM   #30

My salesman is back at the dealer this morning after a week away helping with his very sick mother. I was really upfront with him about my PDI that would be coming the day I picked it up and he almost took it as a challenge. He wanted me to wait till Saturday to pick up to give his guys plenty of time to go through the rig. Agreed so Saturday is pick-up day for the Force.
Old 07-30-2018, 11:59 AM   #31

Quote:
My salesman is back at the dealer this morning after a week away helping with his very sick mother. I was really upfront with him about my PDI that would be coming the day I picked it up and he almost took it as a challenge. He wanted me to wait till Saturday to pick up to give his guys plenty of time to go through the rig. Agreed so Saturday is pick-up day for the Force.

Love this thread! Congrats!
Old 07-30-2018, 08:59 PM   #32

Sorry, been out of town (enjoying my Dynamax) and missed your post. Congrats! Glad to hear it.

Mark
Orangecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 06:40 PM   #33

Ha, Witch doctor is my cb handle.
Old 08-02-2018, 06:58 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
Let me ask a dumb question, why is there so much more room then a ClassC, I have seen the outsides which I love, but never been inside, is it the slides? Has to be something, love the big fortress look and that cab, but what is different inside? I'm going to have to get in one I guess, maybe they will have one in Goshen this year.
There isn't. A 40' class A will have slightly more useable interior space than a 40' class C, everything else being equal like # of slides floorplan, etc. The front engine and cab on the C take up 8' to 9' feet of the length, on an A you only lose 4' or so for the driver's area. On the super C they are on a HD truck chassis so they can load them up with lots of premium interior stuff because they have a huge weight capacity, plus they look bigger on the outside
RV Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 12:04 PM   #35

Updates on the rig. We have not taken ownership yet. The swivel seat deal just kills the rig. There is room like Randy suggested to put chairs but that should not be necessary.

I just don’t understand why Dynamax could not have picked up the phone and called Bostrom and said we have screwed up and have a customer who has been waiting 6 months. 6 months and we have to have swivel seats no matter what they cost and installed them. That’s what you do for customers when you screw up. Instead they push the responsibility on to the dealer or the owner. That’s just a hard dang pill for me to swallow.

The dealer calls Dynamax and they said just to order last years seats. Well last years seats have 1 arm rest which from what I read most don’t like. Plus it’s not what we agreed on when we ordered.

Our dealer is great. They are not pushing us at all. They are searching for an answer also because they said they could not sell the coach as is because no one would buy it. LOL.

They were even kind enough to put our name on another order and hold this one until Wednesday to see if it can be sorted out.

It would be much easier to just buy something else and move on but the worst part is I still want it. Dynamax has some really dedicated customers. I just wish they wanted their customers as much as the customers wanted their rigs.

Brian you should have handled this before it left the factory before sending me a coach I can’t use and the dealer a coach that’s gonna be a hard sale. It looks like if I take it I will have to fix it and if I don’t take it the dealer will have to fix before they can sell.
Not just shipping your problem on to us and saying we will try to come up with something. You should have ordered the Bostrom and had them covered to match. I don’t think that would have hurt the profit margin at all. Also it would have been nice to hear from Dynamax personally by phone. A rep, secretary, cleaning person or something.

Ah hell just beating a dead horse I know but had to rant a little.
Old 08-05-2018, 01:44 PM   #36

Now I thought they found a new company and are to try them out this week , per Brain. He said what I read they only add a 1", so they are working on it, so what happened from the time you first saw it to now? I can understand you being mad, but they are going to make it right. I had to drive over 400 miles to get the seats put In that we were suppose to get also, took Coachmen a month but they got them in. Normal for any FR company, they never get it right the first time it seams. Trust him, he'll Take care of it.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 02:07 PM   #37

I trust him. Just not sure I trust him 200k times. LOL. Truthfully I don’t even care to buy the dang things if we just new they would fit. Halla needs to hurry up and get his to see if they fit.

Just ranting because we are on grandsons last summer get away which was supposed to be a shake down trip for the motorhome and it’s still sitting at dealer.

PS. Would you trust him? LOL
Old 08-05-2018, 02:28 PM   #38

TBH I passed 30k miles in the drivers seat and really don’t mind the one arm rest. Little weird at first? Sure. But my habits have adapted. Just came off 4300 mi in 17 days and can honestly say I didn’t think once to myself “damn I wish I had another arm rest”

Now the swivel is a deal breaker for me also. Definitely more important then an arm rest
Old 08-05-2018, 02:29 PM   #39

Quote:
I trust him. Just not sure I trust him 200k times. LOL. Truthfully I don’t even care to buy the dang things if we just new they would fit. Halla needs to hurry up and get his to see if they fit.

Just ranting because we are on grandsons last summer get away which was supposed to be a shake down trip for the motorhome and it’s still sitting at dealer.

PS. Would you trust him? LOL

Yes, I do trust Dynamax (him/Brian)
Note,

The cab of the HD and DX is a stock Freightliner floor pan. The seats from Bostrom or Seats, Inc. that are sold as a fit to an M2 Business Class (ie. 106 or 112) will fit with the needed adapter plate. The adapter plate deals with the curvature of the floor where the seats mount.
Old 08-05-2018, 02:41 PM   #40

Yes i would trust him. Honestly I thought you got past all of this?
mikew968 is offline   Reply With Quote