Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-05-2018, 04:53 PM   #41

Don't know the entire story on the seats or the situation here, but I just purchased a super C and think I learned some valuable lessons during the initial part of the journey.

Yep, the m2 chassis has some pros and cons. The ride will not be as smooth as some class As. It won't have the interior room... The seating position is a bit high... You simply can't have it all. The advantages are the durability, load carrying and tow capacity, ease of maintenance. and overall stability and panted feel.

You may be just constantly fighting yourself if you want what the chassis can't do. Perhaps the a traditional class A or s2rv with lower floor and tanks in the back is more what you desire. Those attempt to bridge the gap a bit. It's very clear that no two buyers have the same preferences. They should have no problem selling it...

But no matter what you get.. it will be compromises. You will just frustrate yourself getting laser focused on one thing.. and quite frankly miss the big picture. Try to take a bigger picture look at the ownership experience. I know it is hard while shelling out the big bucks.. but it's really the only way to roll in any of these things and enjoy it. There will be both disappointments and pleasant surprises along the way. But if your gut just says NO... keep looking until it feels right. Just don't expect perfection as you probably won't get there.
wfo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 05:23 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfo9 View Post
Don't know the entire story on the seats or the situation here, but I just purchased a super C and think I learned some valuable lessons during the initial part of the journey.

Yep, the m2 chassis has some pros and cons. The ride will not be as smooth as some class As. It won't have the interior room... The seating position is a bit high... You simply can't have it all. The advantages are the durability, load carrying and tow capacity, ease of maintenance. and overall stability and panted feel.

You may be just constantly fighting yourself if you want what the chassis can't do. Perhaps the a traditional class A or s2rv with lower floor and tanks in the back is more what you desire. Those attempt to bridge the gap a bit. It's very clear that no two buyers have the same preferences. They should have no problem selling it...

But no matter what you get.. it will be compromises. You will just frustrate yourself getting laser focused on one thing.. and quite frankly miss the big picture. Try to take a bigger picture look at the ownership experience. I know it is hard while shelling out the big bucks.. but it's really the only way to roll in any of these things and enjoy it. There will be both disappointments and pleasant surprises along the way. But if your gut just says NO... keep looking until it feels right. Just don't expect perfection as you probably won't get there.
Well said. I believe that to be some good advice.
Coolbaldguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 05:43 PM   #43

Quote:

Probably the best I’ve seen it put into words. Well said.
Old 08-05-2018, 08:01 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikew968 View Post
Yes i would trust him. Honestly I thought you got past all of this?
It was a joke. I don’t agree with the way this has been handled and if you would put yourself in my shoes and could actually see the rig and how the floor plan has been affected by this, I really think you would agree. The more I am learning and figuring out kinda makes it worse. Believe me I love the Dynamax. I think it’s beautiful. If I didn’t I would been gone long ago.
The Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 08:10 PM   #45

Quote:

Great advice and could not agree more. I would ask you back up and read the entire story though.

I love the Class C. It’s not a question in my mind. The question is ordering something and basing the entire floor plan on it to find out 3 days before it ships that that option is no longer available and completely ruins floor plan.

I don’t want a Class A. Everybody has one of those. I love the bad ass look of the Super C. It’s not even about the money. What’s a couple grand for some seats ? No big deal. It’s more the principle of how it’s been handled when I am figuring out there was a simple solution they could have achieved with a phone call to Bostrom for new seats. Instead they shipped it for me and the dealer to try and deal with.

I fully understand what you are saying though and appreciate your input. I do hold a grudge and stuff grinds on me till I explode.
Old 08-05-2018, 11:15 PM   #46

I sat down to have an enjoyable time reading the latest posts. Now I realize I need a “trigger warning.” I thought peace broke out and everything was settled.

I don’t want to hurt feelings or ruffle feathers especially considering the cost of these vehicles. Maybe consider another brand of RV since you are so upset and it seems that you may never be satisfied with this one.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 12:13 AM   #47

1st 10,000 miles in one month, one armrest, no biggie at all. Thought it would bug but it didn’t. Actually found I preferred both arms up on the wheel. Plenty of adjustment in the wheel tilt to switch it up.
steverkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 07:46 AM   #48

18,000 only one arm rest and seldom even use it.

two arms on the wheel is better for me.
joet19711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 07:56 AM   #49
Commercial Member

lol....has anyone seen the movie whiplash? lol. I think I have whiplash from all of this. I too thought peace had broken out....but just like a bad relationship, I think "this time will be different" and its just more of the same.

1. Yes, you ordered the coach with swivels.

2. There is no way you ordered it with dual arm rests because that didn't even become an option until long after you ordered your rig. But that is the heart of the problem...many people complained about dual arm rests, so we changed to stock seats that would fit with dual arm rests and the domino effect was that the swivel seat adaptor that we used would no longer work. So pick your poison. If swivels are a deal breaker, then I think we can accomplish that by going to a 2018 seat, now a single arm rest is a dealer breaker. I hope to still accomplish both and see no reason we can't with a little time and testing.

3. I couldn't just "order the bostrom" because we didn't even know they existed at the time. We tested a seat from them and it would not fit on the stock system

4. we cannot just "install stuff". We have to pass seat belt testing by federal law. So while you are able to do just about whatever you want...as a 2nd stage mfg, I risk my job and millions of dollars in putting something on that we have not tested.

5. I have not "just left this up to the dealer and customer to figure out". I said very clearly...we would find a solution and once we did we would pass that on.

In your very first post you said "while Brian works on the swivel seats and a solution for that. Which I am confident he will work out or at least exhaust all efforts" How am I now just putting this on the dealer again...

my neck hurts.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 08:12 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOURWHL View Post
TBH I passed 30k miles in the drivers seat and really don’t mind the one arm rest. Little weird at first? Sure. But my habits have adapted. Just came off 4300 mi in 17 days and can honestly say I didn’t think once to myself “damn I wish I had another arm rest”

Now the swivel is a deal breaker for me also. Definitely more important then an arm rest
Completely agree. My Newmar diesel pusher had two arm rests so when I got the DX3, I was ugh.

But after driving it for the last 8 months, it's not that big of a deal. When the armrest is down, I find resting my arm on it uncomfortable, it's just a weird angle and I feel restricted if I had to jerk the wheel to the right for some reason.

Swivel seats are great since there's not much sitting room but even this last trip with people visiting, we did not use the seats.

I wouldn't not take the RV because of the single armrest but I understand why you want two.

Mark
Orangecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 08:19 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountieman View Post
Great advice and could not agree more. I would ask you back up and read the entire story though.

I love the Class C. It’s not a question in my mind. The question is ordering something and basing the entire floor plan on it to find out 3 days before it ships that that option is no longer available and completely ruins floor plan.

I don’t want a Class A. Everybody has one of those. I love the bad ass look of the Super C. It’s not even about the money. What’s a couple grand for some seats ? No big deal. It’s more the principle of how it’s been handled when I am figuring out there was a simple solution they could have achieved with a phone call to Bostrom for new seats. Instead they shipped it for me and the dealer to try and deal with.

I fully understand what you are saying though and appreciate your input. I do hold a grudge and stuff grinds on me till I explode.
Looking forward to the explosion.
US Army Veteran 🇺🇸
Previous coach 2017 Isata 3RW
Also,3 Diesel pushers, 1Bvan, 2 class Cs
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 09:16 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Davis View Post
Looking forward to the explosion.
Well I’m not. Hate this more than anything. Look at the outside - perfect. Kitchen - perfect. Bathroom - perfect. Bedroom - perfect. Colors - perfect ( which Brian did the outside ). Living room - totally screwed.

:
Old 08-06-2018, 09:25 AM   #53
Commercial Member

We have a swivel pedestal that just bolts right into place as I mentioned, I just need to test it out.

Old 08-06-2018, 09:43 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountieman View Post
Well I’m not. Hate this more than anything. Look at the outside - perfect. Kitchen - perfect. Bathroom - perfect. Bedroom - perfect. Colors - perfect ( which Brian did the outside ). Living room - totally screwed.

:
I guess I must be missing something here. The only thing I’ve heard you complaining about is the swivels and Brian is dealing with that. What’s wrong that has you so upset about the living room?
US Army Veteran 🇺🇸
Previous coach 2017 Isata 3RW
Also,3 Diesel pushers, 1Bvan, 2 class Cs
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 01:50 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Davis View Post
I guess I must be missing something here. The only thing I’ve heard you complaining about is the swivels and Brian is dealing with that. What’s wrong that has you so upset about the living room?
More to the story than what you read. He is testing the swivel. Does not mean it’s going to work. Could be a couples months before testing is done. If does not pass strength test then back to drawing board. Also from what I hear, last years seats are not offered anymore from parts dept.

Or they could pick up the phone and just call Bostrom. It’s the principle of the situation. I promise it’s not the money. Dynamax is not gonna make this right in a reasonable amount of time. If they can’t make a initial problem right that left the factory that was knowingly wrong , how do you trust them to make good on any future claims.

Like I have asked. Put yourself in my shoes and it’s your coach.
Old 08-06-2018, 02:13 PM   #56
Commercial Member

Not sure what a call to Bostrom would do, that is the same exact scenario as the Bostrom swivel pedestal we found. We need to test with our system, or we need to get an engineering analysis done that says these changes do not negatively impact the pull test.

so calling Bostrom does us no good.

And it is likely that Bostrom had to do their own testing....we would just need to incorporate that data into our own testing data.

I would also like to sit in the seat and swivel it to determine how difficult it may or may not be and if I am trading one problem for another.

Old 08-06-2018, 02:46 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Not sure what a call to Bostrom would do, that is the same exact scenario as the Bostrom swivel pedestal we found. We need to test with our system, or we need to get an engineering analysis done that says these changes do not negatively impact the pull test.

so calling Bostrom does us no good.

And it is likely that Bostrom had to do their own testing....we would just need to incorporate that data into our own testing data.

I would also like to sit in the seat and swivel it to determine how difficult it may or may not be and if I am trading one problem for another.
To do what Halla did and just get their seat, adaptor and swivel base. I don’t think customers will care if it raises the price a couple grand. I know I wouldn’t had. If someone would have said Hey Mountie. We screwed up in the seats but we can fix for a little more and get it to you ASAP.
Old 08-06-2018, 02:55 PM   #58
Commercial Member

but we can't...as I said, getting a seat and a pedestal....if it is anything different than what we have already pull tested, we have to retest.

So I would have to say..."hey Mountie, we screwed up, but if you'll let me charge you $3000 more than you were going to pay for swivel seats, I can get you some Bostrom seats with a swivel base and ship it as soon as it passes our seat belt pull test".

Or for the same price and the same amount of time, I can just get a swivel base that bolts right in between the seats base and the slide rails.

Continuing to say that the Bostrom seat solves the problem, does not make it true. What Halla can do, as the customer, and what I can do as the OEM builder are two different things.

The absolute quickest path to getting the swivel base back...is a Bostrom/National swivel base that I am currently testing. Take 4 bolts out, put 4 bolts back in.

In fact...if you wanted to order the parts, I have confirmed they bolt in. I cannot offer them up until we get the engineering analysis. But they are available off the shelf, today and I we have confirmed they bolt on.

Old 08-06-2018, 02:59 PM   #59
Commercial Member

Remember this post?
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...te-166546.html

and your response "Never had a doubt. I tried telling everybody not to get up-tight and just relax and give you some credit and time. I never even gave it a seconds thought."

I feel like maybe two or three people must post under the name Mountieman. Maybe some stronger passwords are in order.

Old 08-06-2018, 03:37 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Remember this post?
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...te-166546.html

and your response "Never had a doubt. I tried telling everybody not to get up-tight and just relax and give you some credit and time. I never even gave it a seconds thought."

I feel like maybe two or three people must post under the name Mountieman. Maybe some stronger passwords are in order.
I understand now. I figured if Bostrom could sell them then they were good to go. I didn’t know you would have to test them again. I guess all I can say to that is my bad. I hate when I lose debates. Can you sell the base out of your parts dept or would we have to go through manufacturer?