Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2020, 01:48 PM   #1

Fresh Water Tank Access Board on Bed Shredded

I was bringing the bedroom slide out and heard an awful sound of something cracking and crunching.

I stopped what I was doing and started looking for the cause. Eventually, I lifted the bed and the fresh water tank access board on the bed and found the bottom 1/8 board that was stapled to the top piece of plywood had ripped on one end as in the picture.

Once I lifted it out of the way, I finished sending the slide out with no more problems.

The question is, can I totally remove the bottom board that is covering where the carpet is folded over and glued, or do I need to have it replaced? See picture

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2330.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	279.4 KB
ID:	230234
Cragod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 04:25 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Looks like the board got caught on something. It is only there for aesthetics....so, don't see why you can't pull it off.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 09:50 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Looks like the board got caught on something. It is only there for aesthetics....so, don't see why you can't pull it off.
Thanks for the information, we removed that piece that was about 1/2 inch smaller then the main access board.

But the overall main access board was cut 1 inch to small for the spot it is supposed to fit in. It actually will fall into the water tank area if it slides of one side or the other.
Cragod is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, fresh water, tank, water, water tank