Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-20-2020, 03:46 PM   #1

Full Wall slide not closing toally

Hi I am about to purchase a 2020 Isata 3 24FW still under warranty. My question is this. I noticed that the top of the slide was all the way in and flush with the body but the bottom of the slide was sticking out 3/8-1/2". The horizontal rubber gasket at bottom of the left/right vertical edge was barely touching the coach and not compressed at all. I am afraid this would cause leaks. Can this be adjusted at a local dealer under warranty?
sasha143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 03:57 PM   #2
Kanadian Kamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasha143 View Post
Hi I am about to purchase a 2020 Isata 3 24FW still under warranty. My question is this. I noticed that the top of the slide was all the way in and flush with the body but the bottom of the slide was sticking out 3/8-1/2". The horizontal rubber gasket at bottom of the left/right vertical edge was barely touching the coach and not compressed at all. I am afraid this would cause leaks. Can this be adjusted at a local dealer under warranty?
I notice you live in Florida, so temperatures should work in your favour for this test.

Press the button to extend the slide outwards, and hold it for another 3-4 seconds when the travel stops. Check inside and outside to see if he slide appears to equally seal itself in position.
Then press the button to retract the slide inwards, and hold it for another 3-4 seconds when the travel stops. Check inside and outside again.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 03:46 PM   #3
Commercial Member

Quote:

sasha143,

We would be happy to answer this question. Please contact Dan Dobecki in our Customer service department through the following personalized and direct link: https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/DirectSe...41623316986296.

This direct link is provided for your convenience in order that we may resolve your concerns as quickly as possible. We will strive to respond to you within 24 hours of receiving your correspondence.

Respectfully,
Forest River
ES_FR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 03:59 PM   #4
Dynamax - Warranty, Parts

Quote:
New customers often see a difference between how the large full wall slides close versus how the small rooms close. It is fairly normal for large full wall slides that utilize the Power Gear in wall slide system to close tighter at the top than the bottom. The reason for this is that it is a light weight slide system. When the room is closing it is resting on a few rollers in the slide out opening. Once the weight shifts from the outside to the inside the room tilts towards the inside giving the appearance that the top is closing tighter than the bottom. As long as the slide room is operating properly and is sealing at the bottom then there isn't anything to worry about. If the exterior slide fascia isn't making contact with the bulb seal at the bottom of the room then an adjustment would be required.

When you state that you are purchasing a 2020 that is still under warranty, are you stating that the RV is new on a dealers lot or is it a pre-owned motorhome? If it is a new motorhome on a dealers lot then yes adjustments are covered within the first 90 days. If it is a pre-owned motorhome then the Forest River, Inc. Limited Motorized Warranty would not transfer. The appliance warranties and chassis warranty would transfer through their original manufacturers if they are still active.
ddobecki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 05:31 PM   #5

You are correct. Make them fix it before you take possession or walk away.
tgold is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide