Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2021, 04:35 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Posts: 6
Future buyers - Probably a 37TS model

Howdy!


We are planning to purchase in 1-2 years. Toured Renegade and Dynamax last week (9/10/21) and we're going Dynamax...likely a DX3 37TS due to all-electric, opposing slides, 80" King (I'm 79"), contemporary style and based on our tour, really great quality. Loved how the walls are constructed/supported with all mechanicals located inside of the walls, not in the walls.

I am going to look at adding an 84" "fold-back" king so that, when the slide is out, we can fold the lower end of the mattress out.




Open to any advice/suggestions. Particularly interested in why you like your TS model. One concern is the kitchen slide is on the camp side of the RV. Do you see that as an issue?


Looking forward to learning from everyone!
rscottkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 05:31 PM   #2
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Posts: 29
We hope to take the tours, as well. Having seen both, can you comment on floor construction? That was something the Brand R rep made a big deal about.
1HasBeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 06:15 PM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 49
I think your information is old with regard to 80" mattress. They are now 72 X 75".

We took delivery this month of our DX3 37TS and are delighted.
steadfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 09:04 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Running Springs, CA
Posts: 1,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by rscottkelly View Post
Particularly interested in why you like your TS model. One concern is the kitchen slide is on the camp side of the RV. Do you see that as an issue?
1. Can't think of anything not to like. If there was a problem I wouldn't have bought it.

2. Why would the kitchen slide being on the camp side be a problem?
__________________
2018 DX3 37TS Sunset
2019 Rubicon JLU
2018 RZR XP 1000 Ride Command
rskeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 09:01 AM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Posts: 6
Brand R did mention that so I watched for it at Dynamax. My impression was that Brand R has a thicker laminated plywood floor but is was supported by 2x4’s. Dynamax’ plywood floor appeared to be attached directly to the steel box. What really impressed me about Dynamax was the way the aluminum wall framing was supported by an aluminum base. That seemed like a really solid way to attach the walls.

Both manufacturers seemed to be building a quality product. I did not see a lot of difference so we will go with Dynamax due to longer bed length, more contemporary styling and awesome paint.

I highly recommend visiting both. It was time well spent even though it was a nine hour drive each way for us.
rscottkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 09:04 AM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Posts: 6
Just because it takes up some space and restricts access to the compartments. Seems worth it though.
rscottkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 09:05 AM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Posts: 6
Hmmmm. That’s really disappointing and not what the website or brochures state.
rscottkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 10:23 AM   #8
Site Team
 
Mr. Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Grayson County, Texas
Posts: 17,547
Quote:
Originally Posted by rscottkelly View Post
Hmmmm. That’s really disappointing and not what the website or brochures state.
If you will use the QUOTE function, members will know to what you are responding.
Site Team
__________________
FR Wildcat 295RSX / GMC Sierra

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115; Booked for 2022 = 27
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 11:39 AM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Posts: 6
Will do. Thank you
rscottkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 03:18 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
MoJoe1003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 703
We are on our second XL TS. The extra interior room with the opposing slides really makes the space feel more open. We like the TV being on a lift instead of being visible on a wall all the time. When the TV is down it gives you a great serving table if you are doing breakfast or dinner for multiple guests.

Just takes a little storage bay management to overcome the camp side situation. We store all the outdoor stuff (griddle, tables, propane, etc.) and bulk supplies (paper towels, toilet paper, canned drinks) in the bays under that slide. So, once we are set up and the slide is out, we rarely have to access those bays. The slide does encroach on the campsite a bit (15 - 18 inches), however it has never been an issue for us.

We were initially very tempted on the bunkhouse model, but ultimately decided on the TS because of how roomy it feels and we live in it full time about 3 to 4 months a year.
__________________
Joe & Cynthia
2021 Dynaquest XL 3801 TS Cindy 'B'
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
“Breathe in, Breathe out, Move on”
MoJoe1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 05:16 PM   #11
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoJoe1003 View Post
We are on our second XL TS. The extra interior room with the opposing slides really makes the space feel more open. We like the TV being on a lift instead of being visible on a wall all the time. When the TV is down it gives you a great serving table if you are doing breakfast or dinner for multiple guests.

Just takes a little storage bay management to overcome the camp side situation. We store all the outdoor stuff (griddle, tables, propane, etc.) and bulk supplies (paper towels, toilet paper, canned drinks) in the bays under that slide. So, once we are set up and the slide is out, we rarely have to access those bays. The slide does encroach on the campsite a bit (15 - 18 inches), however it has never been an issue for us.

We were initially very tempted on the bunkhouse model, but ultimately decided on the TS because of how roomy it feels and we live in it full time about 3 to 4 months a year.
Thanks very much...your reply was super helpful. It makes total sense to use those bays for the outdoor stuff.

Also, how do you like the Rubicon diesel?
rscottkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 07:26 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
MoJoe1003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 703
Quote:
Originally Posted by rscottkelly View Post
Thanks very much...your reply was super helpful. It makes total sense to use those bays for the outdoor stuff.

Also, how do you like the Rubicon diesel?


Love the Jeep. I just did a round trip to Elkhart, IN from Jacksonville, Florida and averaged 31 mpg. Loads of torque. Pulls like a little freight train. Highly recommend the diesel.
__________________
Joe & Cynthia
2021 Dynaquest XL 3801 TS Cindy 'B'
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
“Breathe in, Breathe out, Move on”
MoJoe1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 09:35 PM   #13
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoJoe1003 View Post
Love the Jeep. I just did a round trip to Elkhart, IN from Jacksonville, Florida and averaged 31 mpg. Loads of torque. Pulls like a little freight train. Highly recommend the diesel.
Thank you for sharing the Jeep news. I need another one of those as well and diesel makes sense if your rig also runs on that.

For the OP, I am envious of your ability to tour the plant. I just went ahead and ordered sight unseen
__________________
2022 DynaQuest XL on order via MHSRV 3400KD CabOver, WD, Lithium Batteries and some more to be announced later
twp5253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 10:19 AM   #14
Motorized GM
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bristol, IN
Posts: 16,296
FYO, to clarify the beds are 72x78 (nominal), meaning the foam should be about that without the cover. The cover sometimes adds and sometimes it is a little tight and constricts.

The exception to that is the XL. The innomax air bed only comes as 72x75". You an put some foam at the head of the bed, but it will hit the cabinets when coming in.

Due to the Covid shortage we found that the foam mattresses have been coming in all over the board. Some 80, some 75. 76, 77. We have reached out to our supplier to try and get some consistency.
__________________
Please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx Don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube page for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 11:35 AM   #15
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 49
What ever you order, it is going to take a year to get your hands on it unless you find one already in the que. When we ordered (09/20) the website advertised the DX3 37TS mattress as having 72X80. Now is says 72X75 and when we got the coach it measured 71.5X75. Who knows what a year will bring.
steadfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 05:26 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
CyberShanks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Top of a hill (in Iowa) surrounded by corn. Dynaquest XL 3400KD getting built for us right now!
Posts: 161
It was very nice meeting you during the tour though. Glad you are headed this direction and hopefully will someday see ya on the road.


Jim & Chris
CyberShanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:00 AM.