Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2019, 06:31 PM   #1

Generator will not run remotely.

Hey y’all! (I can say that. I’m in North Carolina.)

Taking the Isata 5 DS to dealer tomorrow to address our awning issue. Since it’s parked in the drive looking lonely, I though I would check some other things we’ve had minor issue with before it goes into the shop. Went to start the generator and got nothing. Multi plex display says starting and then goes back to previous screen after a second or two. The other remote generator switches are unresponsive.
This is the first time I’ve tried to start the generator. The most curious part of the whole thing is that it will start with the manual switch located on the generator. I appreciate any info that may lead to me not looking like the newbie that I am at the dealership tomorrow.
JrodMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 08:16 AM   #2
Commercial Member

I thought we changed the gen start to a "press and hold" to prevent any accidental starts, but not sure how old your rig is.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 08:23 AM   #3

This morning I can't seem to remember exactly how it needs to be set but, the switch on the generator needs to be set in a certain position for the remote switches to work. I think the manual switch on the generator needs to be set to "ON" but as I said not sure this morning. Also most remote start switches need to be held on until the generator actually starts up.

2019 Salem FSX 179DBK
firemedicmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 05:11 PM   #4

Thanks for the help. I’m holding the switches for at least thirty seconds. If I hold the push button style switches, it turns blue and then back to white. If I hold the touch screen switch, it says starting. I hear a click noise behind the panel and the screen returns to the original mode. After one attempt, it doesn’t say starting again. It’s at the dealership now so we will see what they come up with.
JrodMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 08:10 AM   #5
Commercial Member

When I say press and hold, I mean for 3 seconds.
On traditional gen start, you push down to prime...that's the clicking, then up to start.

The buttons that you have should be auto start. meaning you press and it will run through the routine it needs to run. Maybe try re-booting the system. IE. Cut power, make sure solar is not feeding the multiplex for a minute or so (so that the touch screen powers down). Could also be a lose data cable to the gen.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator, remote