Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2024, 01:24 AM   #1

Good Deal or Nope?

Looking at a 2024 DX3 34kd quoted at $282K. Standard options. I'm also looking at a 2023 that's a decent chunk lower than that. Still a lot of money and not knowing a good deal or not is challenging to say the least. Thoughts?
foothold58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 01:56 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by foothold58 View Post
Looking at a 2024 DX3 34kd quoted at $282K. Standard options. I'm also looking at a 2023 that's a decent chunk lower than that. Still a lot of money and not knowing a good deal or not is challenging to say the least. Thoughts?
Probably a good deal.... well, a fair price might be a better description. Check out the prices on rv trader https://www.rvtrader.com/Dynamax-Cor...m=34KD%7C59799
RV dealers are sometimes like car dealers... they want to clear out last years model and will lower the price significantly. Rv prices have come down a lot on lower priced rigs... not so much on Super C's.
Old 02-21-2024, 02:26 AM   #3
Site Team

Moved thread from the Dollars and Cents sub-forum to the Dynamax sub-forum for better help from other Dynamax owners.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 08:54 AM   #4
Commercial Member

I know that Performance RV in Ohio, dropped all of their pricing on 2023's to at or below their cost. That means different things to different dealers, but I know it was pretty low.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 11:27 AM   #5

Wow, those look like some good deals at Performance.
Old 02-21-2024, 11:53 AM   #6
Commercial Member

I do see that their 34KD has the Xplorer package and blackout, which adds $22k MSRP.

Old 02-21-2024, 12:11 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I do see that their 34KD has the Xplorer package and blackout, which adds $22k MSRP.
Both of those options look pretty cool, and I see some benefit to the Xplorer package. Not sure there's much bang for your buck on them though.

It's a lot of money either way and both units I'm looking at are nearly the same. The '24 has the new rectangle shower (which I love), and a few other minimal comfort item changes but is it worth the extra $$ is my dilemma.

Any concern with the '23 being on the lot for a lot longer time period?
Old 02-21-2024, 12:18 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by foothold58 View Post
Both of those options look pretty cool, and I see some benefit to the Xplorer package. Not sure there's much bang for your buck on them though.

It's a lot of money either way and both units I'm looking at are nearly the same. The '24 has the new rectangle shower (which I love), and a few other minimal comfort item changes but is it worth the extra $$ is my dilemma.

Any concern with the '23 being on the lot for a lot longer time period?
I would think the newer one would be a better option because of the updated cab, shower, and higher resale value when you go to sell it down the road. Make sure it does have the updated Freightliner cab.
US Army Veteran 🇺🇸
Previous coach 2017 Isata 3RW
Also,3 Diesel pushers, 1Bvan, 2 class Cs
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 12:26 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Davis View Post
I would think the newer one would be a better option because of the updated cab, shower, and higher resale value when you go to sell it down the road. Make sure it does have the updated Freightliner cab.
It doesn't have the updated Freightliner Cab unfortunately. Pricing discounts for the updated '24's don't seem as "generous" as the '24's with the older Cabs. I'm going to keep trying though!
Old 02-21-2024, 12:34 PM   #10

One thing that might be a consideration is the change from the Detroit DD8 to the Cummins L9 at the 2023/2024 transition on the DX3. Some dealerís descriptions are inaccurate on just what engine is installed, but a check of the chassis VIN will confirm if you are not looking at it in person.
Old 02-21-2024, 12:44 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by png31 View Post
One thing that might be a consideration is the change from the Detroit DD8 to the Cummins L9 at the 2023/2024 transition on the DX3. Some dealerís descriptions are inaccurate on just what engine is installed, but a check of the chassis VIN will confirm if you are not looking at it in person.
Good point, I was confused trying to sort out website discrepancies. Both have the Detroit. I did just check both VIN's and both are listed as 2023. Can it be a 2024 model if the VIN shows a 2023? I do understand the chassis may be driving the '23 classification. So can it be called a '24? Ugh.
Old 02-21-2024, 01:26 PM   #12

Short answer is yes, a model year 2024 motorhome can have an earlier year chassis. An internet search on the subject will yield a lot on that subject.

Specific to this topic, federal law allows a vehicle manufacturer to identify a vehicle by a specific model year so long as it is built after January 1 of the model year change-over. For example, my Freightliner M2 was built in February, 2023, and identified as a 2024. Conversely, I have seen Ford trucks built in late November 2019, identified as a 2019, well after the traditional late summer change-over.

Brian Clemons has mentioned that last year was a bit of a grab bag as Freightliner transitioned to the M2 Plus, as well as DD8 to L9 change. If you get both chassis VIN and upfitter (Forest River) VIN and utilize the NHTSA VIN decoder, it should answer your question on that issue.
Old 02-21-2024, 02:57 PM   #13
Commercial Member

We include this on every flash drive to save questions....even thought I am not sure it does.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf RVIA Document on Model Year.pdf (104.9 KB, 50 views)

Old 02-26-2024, 07:06 PM   #14

Used their service and it really helped with getting a better deal.

https://rvpricingandappraisals.com/
roadrunnermoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 09:33 PM   #15

Best to look at MotorHome Specialties. MHSRV.COM
often worth the drive to Texas. That’s where I bought my 23 Europa 31SS. Performance seems to be a great dealer. I have visited them because I’m in Ohio. Small dealer. It comes down to $$$. And I look at dealers as a place to buy but I never go back for service.
EURO31SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2024, 08:15 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by EURO31SS View Post
Best to look at MotorHome Specialties. MHSRV.COM
often worth the drive to Texas. Thatís where I bought my 23 Europa 31SS. Performance seems to be a great dealer. I have visited them because Iím in Ohio. Small dealer. It comes down to $$$. And I look at dealers as a place to buy but I never go back for service.
If all youíre looking for is a huge selection and a ďsell you forget youĒ buying experience, MHSRV definitely checks the box. We got our 2023 Georgetown GT7 there and after we were handed the keys, all contact stopped. We donít rely on them for service or parts so I do enjoy not being on a call list.

Their PDI technicians are too rushed to do proper pre-delivery inspections due to their volume so youíll get to find whatever the factory messed up.

If youíre not getting at least 30% off MSRP, itís not a great deal on a new RV.