Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2018, 10:26 AM   #41

I am not insulted. I learn a lot on this forum.
Old 02-08-2018, 10:36 AM   #42
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Les View Post
Hello RolandRevenger,

His last question and your statement (to me, maybe not others) is going in a circular motion of being right back to where the thread began...

I am not trying to insult anyone with this post, just my thoughts outloud...

Happy camping...
Yes, but if this question comes up on Jeopardy...I will now have to stare at Alex blankly.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 10:51 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Les
Hello RolandRevenger,

His last question and your statement (to me, maybe not others) is going in a circular motion of being right back to where the thread began...

I am not trying to insult anyone with this post, just my thoughts outloud...

Happy camping...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Yes, but if this question comes up on Jeopardy...I will now have to stare at Alex blankly.
Which means that it is imposable to go beyond perfection, because it is already perfect and one needs to 'stop'... looking for a better answer....

(You made it... you own it, and it is 'perfect') (I just pucked in my mouth)

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 10:52 AM   #44
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlole76 View Post
Just a thought I have not tried, would it be possible to just attach a short hose and put it into your extra water tank/ jug and put the Anderson valve on winterize and use the coach pump to get the water.? I realize this would not fill the tank but would be portable.
Quote:
Ooh, good idea. We're testing this theory right now actually with antifreeze. checking to see if we can shorten the run, will it prime with empty lines or do they need to be full. good stuff.
I do this all the time with our 5th wheel.
The pump doesn't care whether it gets its source from the fresh tank or somewhere else. (via the antifreeze port)

You can also use this method and then use the outside shower hose, to connect to the fresh fill port, to fill the tank. That allows you to store the water in the fresh tank (for mobility) but it makes you run the pump twice. Once to pump from the 5 gal container into the fresh tank and then again out of the fresh tank when you want to use it.

When boondocking, battery management is often important so I don't like pumping it twice and consuming battery life.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 11:02 AM   #45

All great ideas above. I'll offer another alternative that I didn't read above.

I use the winterize siphon hose but needed to do a little one time modification. To get this approach in place depends on the water system configuration in each particular motorhome.

In my 2000 Coachmen Class C with awesome water valve combinations, there was a setting where the siphon system, running on the internal pump, could fill the fresh tank. I really missed that on my new coach.

In the FR3, I needed to put a pipe between the output of the pump and the inlet hose to the fresh tank. The latter being past where the valve/switch is passing either fresh water or siphon hose to the input of the pump. This required two tees and a valve. Set the pump input to siphon and open the bypass valve and the tank fills from a bucket.

Pro - No extra equipment to carry including not needing an extra pump. Also turns out you can open the additional valve to fill the fresh tank from city water without having to move the hose to a separate tank fill input (if that's how your RV is configured). Still allows pressurized fill and makes no modification to the check valve.

Con - Need to keep the siphon system clean. In my spring commissioning, I always sanitize the siphon system anyway. It was also difficult to figure out "PEX" pipe sizes versus "Inch" pipe sizes - they are different.
Old 02-09-2018, 02:49 PM   #46
Commercial Member

I was able to find a 24RW that was on line. The pictures below will help you if you absolutely, positively must have a gravity fill and the other 6-7 ways listed above are just not the way you want to handle it. I understand...sometimes I want what I want.

#1 is from outside the compartment where we used to the put the fill.
#2 is from inside the compartment so you get an idea what you are dealing with
#3 is behind the panel showing the port
#4 is the print where we used to installed it.

I actually think the easiest way, may be to put the gravity fill in the rear pass through compartment UP high...not even cut a hole in the wall. Maybe get a wall mounted bracket that will hold the hose up at the top of the compartment just inside the door (lockable so no one can add any surprises to your fresh water). then route through the rear compartment wall into the tank area. Trying to add one around the panel would be tougher and then you're dealing with electronics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	229.2 KB
ID:	162048   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	321.9 KB
ID:	162049   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	275.2 KB
ID:	162050   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	144.4 KB
ID:	162051  

Old 02-09-2018, 03:12 PM   #47

Quote:
#1 is from outside the compartment where we used to the put the fill.
I circled what looks like the fill location. It may have been moved since that print. I will consider your idea about mounting it on the inside of the rear storage compartment.

What are those circled in the other pic? Rear slide contactors?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Gravity water fill.JPG
Views:	58
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	162053   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.1.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	312.3 KB
ID:	162054  
Magnatudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 04:12 PM   #48
Commercial Member

that's not the fill location, I think that is the dealership sticker. We use black gravity fill, not white.

And yes, slide control modules.

Tags
tank, water, water tank