Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2018, 11:09 AM   #1

Gray Water drain access

In my Isata 5, It appears that the drain pipe from my gray tank to the tee fitting where the bath sink join was not glued properly, if at all. The fitting is too tight to pull apart to get glue around the fittings to seal them properly. My question is..What is the best way to get the fitting apart?
My thoughts are to drop the gray tank, is this an easy job? Is this something a Mobile service person can take care of easily?
Thanks
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2563.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	267.6 KB
ID:	165920Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2575.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	146.4 KB
ID:	165921
The pictures show where the drain is located. I removed a panel beside the bed to locate the leak.
Old 03-26-2018, 01:47 PM   #2
Commercial Member

That might be one for a dealer...

This was engineerings response.

"The sanitary tee on its back shouldn’t have any water running through it vertically. However as you can see that line horizontally has the kitchen and shower running through it. Best way to fix this if it is indeed the tee is to cut the ABS pipe about 2” pass the tee facing the bed side. Remove or spin the bed section a bit out of the way. On the bed section pipe slip a no hub coupler 1-1/2" all the way over the pipe. Dry the inside of the tee and pipe until no moisture is left in it (hair dryer works well here after you mop up the puddled water). Take ABS glue with a long Glue Dobber and completely coat both sides of the interior of the tee. Let it set to dry for 3-6 hours. Move the bed section of the pipe back into place and slide half of the no hub coupler onto the other section of pipe and tighten the band.
Fill up the kitchen sink, then turn the shower on. While the shower is running pull the basket strainer(s) up and let the kitchen sink drain out. Go inspect the tee for leaks you may do this until your satisfied the problem is solved. Reinstall the plumbing cover."
Attached Files
File Type: pdf D10090075.01_36DS DRAINAGE.pdf (1.22 MB, 58 views)

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 02:57 PM   #3

Thanks for the .pdf, that is great information to have on hand.
Old 06-07-2018, 12:17 PM   #4

Update...at first, the dealer thought the bath vanity needed to be removed to access plumbing. Luckily, one of their techs was able to completely removed the original tee and replaced it with a rubber tee without removing the tank or cabinetry.
Old 06-07-2018, 01:45 PM   #5

Sure wish I could find a pdf like that for mine.

2014 Grey Wolf 21RR
jd50i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 09:00 PM   #6
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsataMatata View Post
Update...at first, the dealer thought the bath vanity needed to be removed to access plumbing. Luckily, one of their techs was able to completely removed the original tee and replaced it with a rubber tee without removing the tank or cabinetry.
Kudo's to that tech.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain, water