Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-11-2016, 02:09 PM   #1

Help!!! Jacks won't operate

While trying to manually level the self diagnostic lights started flashing and then the low voltage light came on. Panel is inoperable and jacks won't retract. Tried power cycle with both the key and disconnect. Tried pulling the e brake and they didn't even emergency retract.

What do I do???
Old 11-11-2016, 02:13 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Check your breaker. Usually near coach battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 02:16 PM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Should look something like this. May have a red "flag" reset
Name:   ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1478891803.330655.jpg
Views: 754
Size:  84.8 KB

Old 11-11-2016, 02:18 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOURWHL View Post
While trying to manually level the self diagnostic lights started flashing and then the low voltage light came on. Panel is inoperable and jacks won't retract. Tried power cycle with both the key and disconnect. Tried pulling the e brake and they didn't even emergency retract.

What do I do???

Sounds like your house batteries were not charging and the voltage is now too low to operate your high draw components. Check your house/coach battery voltage, look for a battery cut off switch that may have inadvertently been disconnected. Try putting a battery charger on the house battery(s) & see if that boost the voltage enough to get the jacks up. Then, you be free to take it to a dealer for diagnostics/repair.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 03:00 PM   #5

The panel would show a low voltage light if it was a power issue. Did you check the hydraulic fluid? Ours acted up because it was low, once full it operated fine. I had an issue one time when I forgot it had to be running, I was tired.

2016 Dynamax Force. Just-Rite2
Old 11-11-2016, 06:47 PM   #6

Had a similar problem with our Sunseeker. Ended up completely pulling a drawer out of a cabinet so I could disconnect/reconnect the wiring.
Solved the problem.
Chief4774 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 08:22 PM   #7

Yes sounds like your system detected low voltage (weak batteries) .. Charge batteries. To reset your system after batteries are charged you must access back of levelers control panel disconnect. The plug for 30 seconds then plug back in and your set. . Removing plug is only way to reset control board.
sgtlm17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 11:11 PM   #8

Jacks

I had that problem and electrically everything checked out. My rig is a 2014 and did not get bought by me till May 2015. Since then I had an electric motor go out in the small slide and more recently got into a camp ground and put the jacks down. Wanted to move before letting out the slides but the jacks would not retract. Had to break the hydraulic lines loose and manually retract the jacks. Fortunately the slides were still in. Long story short. Bad hydraulic motor. They only cost a little over $800. So if your batteries have power and there is power going to the solenoid on the motor and you have enough fluid in the reservoir then it just might be the motor.
Aitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 09:50 AM   #9
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aitch View Post
I had that problem and electrically everything checked out. My rig is a 2014 and did not get bought by me till May 2015. Since then I had an electric motor go out in the small slide and more recently got into a camp ground and put the jacks down. Wanted to move before letting out the slides but the jacks would not retract. Had to break the hydraulic lines loose and manually retract the jacks. Fortunately the slides were still in. Long story short. Bad hydraulic motor. They only cost a little over $800. So if your batteries have power and there is power going to the solenoid on the motor and you have enough fluid in the reservoir then it just might be the motor.

For future reference, you can manually operate the the hydraulic pump in case of motor failure.

Old 11-13-2016, 06:22 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
For future reference, you can manually operate the the hydraulic pump in case of motor failure.

Tried that and even the dealer tried. Wouldn't budge at all. Using a Milwaukee cordless impact the nut would just spin. All fixed now.
Aitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 03:50 PM   #11

Sorry to leave ya hanging guys. It was the breaker. Found it, got it reset and with some jockeying got her level.

Fluid was good, checked that. Ground wasn't level so had to try a few times. Wonder if it just heated up from all the use? Looks like it was a 100A breaker which seems kind of high to trip. Motor and generator were both running so it wasn't the batteries.

Tags
jacks