Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-04-2019, 06:13 PM   #1

Help locating the other end of these wires

In this picture you can see two ( a red and a yellow each with a wire but on them ) wires that at one time prior to my ownership appear to have been connected to a inverter that was replaced with xantrex - I am upgrading to a magnum unit and we curious if anyone knew where these wires are “ at the other end “ my assumption is either in the area where the xantrex control head is by the thermostat or in the back by the intellipower unit is - any help is appreciated ?
Old 11-04-2019, 06:15 PM   #2

No picture!!
Motorhome1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 07:06 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorhome1 View Post
No picture!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1855.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	295.0 KB
ID:	218676
Old 11-04-2019, 08:15 PM   #4

The xantex shown in the picture is an 1800 watt inverter. It is what Dynamax installed that year I believe. It's what I have installed in my 2015. Not sure about the wires there.. The gray goes to the remote panel inside.
Old 11-04-2019, 08:18 PM   #5
Site Team

I would look around the battery(ies) for the other end of those wires.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 08:29 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
I would look around the battery(ies) for the other end of those wires.

They look more 110 than 12v to me
Old 11-04-2019, 09:03 PM   #7

I agree with MR DAN those are 12v wires much like the ones on the circuit breakers. A schematic from Forrest River for this area would be ideal. And again, the Xantrex you have is the one installed by Dynamax.Click image for larger version

Name:	20191104_200118.jpeg
Views:	86
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	218681
Old 11-05-2019, 07:20 AM   #8
Dynamax Service Rep

The wires in question are a harness pre-wire for powered macerator toilets. assuming you don't have power toilets in your unit is why your wires are not installed and capped and taped.
GTinsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 07:32 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTinsman View Post
The wires in question are a harness pre-wire for powered macerator toilets. assuming you don't have power toilets in your unit is why your wires are not installed and capped and taped.

Thank you for the information - do you know where these wires lead to at the other end?
Old 11-05-2019, 07:44 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpheifer View Post
The wires shown in the pic are 12 volts. 120 volts would have a white neutral and a ground wire and would be ROMEX. Not covered by split tube plastic.

You can get a wiring diagram from Dyamax possible on line.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 02:38 PM   #11
jkoenig24

My 2015 DX3-37RB has TWO "powered" toilets" but, I do NOT remember seeing those extra two wires. I'm currently in Elkhart and, said Xantrex 1800W Modified Sine Wave Inverted has been removed. I'm having solar panels and Lithium batteries installed (as well as other work). My "powered toilets" both work (although the red light REGULARLY comes on; even AFTER I've emptied my black & gray tanks). Gotta love the "quality components" Dynamax chose to install on an expensive coach (YES, I AM being sarcastic).
jkoenig24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 04:04 PM   #12
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoenig24 View Post
My 2015 DX3-37RB has TWO "powered" toilets" but, I do NOT remember seeing those extra two wires. I'm currently in Elkhart and, said Xantrex 1800W Modified Sine Wave Inverted has been removed. I'm having solar panels and Lithium batteries installed (as well as other work). My "powered toilets" both work (although the red light REGULARLY comes on; even AFTER I've emptied my black & gray tanks). Gotta love the "quality components" Dynamax chose to install on an expensive coach (YES, I AM being sarcastic).
1. if you have two powered toilets you would not see those wires as those wires would be actually hooked up. There would only be two extra wires if your coach got a gravity type toilet. (as that is a common...IE standardized wiring harness)

2. The red light on the toilet coming on typically has nothing to do the with quality of the components. They have to do with either A: the location of the sensor...maybe it is set too low. OR, maybe there is sludge or toilet paper built up on the sidewall of that tank is is giving a false "full" reading.

In either event...the sensor that handles that red light comes WITH the toilet and the Tecma Silence is one of the best, most expensive toilets you can buy. So you are welcome for the quality components we chose to install. and I am not being sarcastic, its a pretty nice toilet, as far as you can call a toilet nice.

The sensors that WE choose and install on the black and gray tanks for "level" have nothing to do with the Tecma sensors...and you are welcome to sarcastically bash those because I have tried every single sensor known to man and they all have issues.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 04:07 PM   #13
Commercial Member

It's even Italian!!!

Tecma is an original Italian brand that provides well-designed and totally-reliable marine macerator toilets and bidets. Decades of experience and centuries of national traditions have lifted the brand to the top of its trade. Some design features are patented and Tecma products have won numerous international design awards.

Old 11-06-2019, 01:16 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpheifer View Post
May be the lower end of solar prewire. The ones I have seen were 8 ga and came from somewhere in a cap on the roof
NO MORE Tricked out
2017 Sandstorm 250 T.H.
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 04:54 PM   #15
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom48 View Post
May be the lower end of solar prewire. The ones I have seen were 8 ga and came from somewhere in a cap on the roof
Thanks...this was actually answered in post #8.

Old 11-06-2019, 06:16 PM   #16

poor guy, he thought he had a couple of mystery wires and they end up being wired to the toilet.
Full Time in the Summer, soon
Part Time in the Winter
Days Camped, Not Enough
CZNEDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 06:55 PM   #17
Site Team

... although the member mentioning the “quality components” is not the OP. Let’s no get their wires crossed!

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 07:33 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
1. if you have two powered toilets you would not see those wires as those wires would be actually hooked up. There would only be two extra wires if your coach got a gravity type toilet. (as that is a common...IE standardized wiring harness)

2. The red light on the toilet coming on typically has nothing to do the with quality of the components. They have to do with either A: the location of the sensor...maybe it is set too low. OR, maybe there is sludge or toilet paper built up on the sidewall of that tank is is giving a false "full" reading.

In either event...the sensor that handles that red light comes WITH the toilet and the Tecma Silence is one of the best, most expensive toilets you can buy. So you are welcome for the quality components we chose to install. and I am not being sarcastic, its a pretty nice toilet, as far as you can call a toilet nice.

The sensors that WE choose and install on the black and gray tanks for "level" have nothing to do with the Tecma sensors...and you are welcome to sarcastically bash those because I have tried every single sensor known to man and they all have issues.

So back to my original question - the location of the other end of these wires on the harness - from all the information that has been thrown around am I to understand the other end of these is in the bathroom somewhere near the toilet as they would have been used for a macerator toilet had my coach had one ?????
Old 11-07-2019, 07:56 AM   #19
Dynamax Service Rep

Wires

That is correct,they would be behind a panel,or under the riser for the toilet.
GTinsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 09:29 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTinsman View Post
That is correct,they would be behind a panel,or under the riser for the toilet.

Thank you that’s what I wanted to know!

Have a great day and thank you to all for the valuable information

Tags
cat